Isn't the volume level on cable TV annoying?

pepper5419 2012/07/05 00:35:15
I thought legislation was passed not to long ago that was suppose the make all television stations volume uniform (including cable channels).I usually only watch certain channels on cable.I was switching between channels and stopped on the Game Network station and watched the rest of a show that was on their. The show goes to a commercial and the volume had to be 5 to 10 times what it was on the show I was watching.My daughter asks why I had the volume so high. I told her it wasn't me it was cuz the show switched to a commercial. I told her it must only happen on a couple of differant channels. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

• Dan 2012/07/05 00:52:26
    Dan
    +2
    We get it here, not so much between chanels. But the ads are louder.....what do they think i'll buy their stuff if they deafen me?
    I just bought a new HD tv and it has a setting to basically normalise the volume. Hope that helps.
  • Jester M.S. 2012/07/05 00:43:03
    Jester M.S.
    +2
    I have spent the last 2 years without cable actually. I get Netflix, Hulu +, and other apps that I watch on my console, but its just not worth 100 bucks a month for cable to me. More importantly, I am pretty broke and can't really afford it.

The only thing that sucks about this arrangement is that I can't watch live sports, but during football season I normally either go to a bar or a friends house to watch the game.
  • pepper5419 Jester ... 2012/07/05 01:35:24
    pepper5419
    +2
    I've got to find a cheaper alternative to Comcast. Like you said its just not worth spending 100 or more for cable TV. Pulling the plug on them is tempting. I can't see paying for a bill that is constantly higher than any utility bill I have.
  • Jester ... pepper5419 2012/07/05 01:47:43
    Jester M.S.
    +1
    I finally pulled the plug on Comcast and I just have ATT U-Verse internet service.I can get about 90% of the stuff I want to watch on my Xbox console so long as I have internet, and Xbox LIve does have an ESPN and MLB app, but so far, no NFL.

Microsoft's Xbox Division is in talks to try to get the rights to stream NFL games on an on-demmand basis (sort of like Zune Marketplace), but they have not released any more details other than that.

I think the cable companies like Comcast, Time Warner, Cox Cable, etc will eventually see a big hit in their bottom line in the very near future as more people like myself switch to streaming services instead.
  • pepper5419 Jester ... 2012/07/05 02:24:14
    pepper5419
    +2
    I think you've got a valid point. It will probably be on the same level as Apple taking away Microsoft's customer base.The I-Pad,I-Pod,and other devices that Apple has invented has really cut into Bill Gates profits.Other companies have followed Apple's lead too.
  • stevmackey 2012/07/05 00:37:02
    stevmackey
    +2
    No, I can actually hear it.
  • NPC 2012/07/05 00:36:05

2014/09/18 15:41:45