Is rooting for USA to win the most metals at the olympics like rooting for the house at a blackjack table?

Vollont 2012/08/08 21:24:14
what do you think and why? Isnt the US supposed to win everything. I just want to see another country win for once. I hope China or some other country gets more metals.

• sketchbone 2012/08/08 22:19:42
    sketchbone
    We're a big country with a diverse population. It's cool to win and to root your fellow countrymen to victory.
  • Fef 2012/08/08 22:16:06
    Fef
    +1
    The house owns the game (business) and plays against the players (customers).

America doesn't own the Olympics -- America pwns the world!
  • Mrkando 2012/08/08 22:15:09
    Mrkando
    To say this takes away from the athletes that are competing for the United States. They are up against some very good athletes from many other countries and the fact they do win is indeed a great credit to them and how well they prepared. Winning a metal in the Olympics is never a given. Only the best on any given day win. And it makes no difference what country that is. I applaud every athlete that wins, regardless of country.
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/08/08 21:55:18
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    It's just the way it seems this year.
  • Superman 2012/08/08 21:35:24
    Superman
    No, the US isn't supposed to win everything. Theres always competition from either Russia or China.

As an American I root for local athletes. I also appreciate when other athletes do well.

But I don't have a knee jerk reaction to root against my nation "just because". And if I did, I'd pick a nation that was middling, that has chances to win but traditionally doesn't. China doesn't fit that bill.

2014/07/24 20:08:06