Is IMVU safe for a 13-year old?

Jersey-Gurl 2010/02/28 20:17:43
Yes!
No way!
Erm...IMVU? What is that?
I want to download it (my friends have accounts and it looks fun), but I hear it isn't safe. Any one?

I know how to log out when someone is harrassing me, BTW :)

• Misty 2013/07/13 01:36:29
    No way!
    Misty
    It’s actually rather rare that I run into anyone on IMVU that is younger than 17. However, many of them could be lying about their age. I myself am 21 years old, and I must admit that it sort of baffles me that IMVU would allow 13 year olds to have so much cleavage hanging out of their top while being able to make out even without AP. Another thing that bothers me, is that if you don’t have VIP, ANYONE can touch you. And even worse, if you have AP and so does another user and you don’t have VIP… ANYONE can do sexual acts to you. And this is a website for “13 and up?” To be honest that has never really sat right with me. =/
  • Emily 2013/07/13 01:29:20
    No way!
    Emily
    I use to play IMVU like all the time, I was literally obsessed with this game. All I ever played was imvu and it kept me from hanging out with family and friends and I was failing classes because I chose to play imvu then do my homework. All I'm trying to say is that imvu is NOT safe - yes I will be honest, from my opinion it is fun - but nowhere near SAFE! This game has game has users up to 50 years of age. It allows anyone to sign up up whatever age they want and trick others. A 50 year old man can be talking to 13 year Olds as 18 or so and ask for nude pictures. Imvu is a place where everyone hides their true identity! I use to play this game so much, I was literally a couch potato because of it. There is a safe side to imvu, but that's no fun because this game is originally for teens and adults. Imvu let's people say whatever they want in chats. From sexual harassment to physical abuse. It is so unsafe and there's no way to get away from people you don't want to talk to because they just keep creating new accounts to bother you.
  • poffpawz 2012/12/13 21:16:58
    Yes!
    poffpawz
    I think it is. I mean I'm 13, and I play on it still. And heck, I already know some other friends who are 12 and up who play this! I have had no problems with my computer, and just be careful to not say anything or post anything too personal .-.
  • Brittney Nash 2012/11/12 02:51:31
    Yes!
    Brittney Nash
    i think it would be okay.. but you would have to be in the teen only section beacuse they do bad stuff on there but so umm wait what was i saying?
  • the thing that should shutup 2012/08/14 01:21:08
    No way!
    the thing that should shutup
    Hell No! I think its rude.
    There are big chested ladys.
    And I THINK they let you swear. :| And I think its a bad idea!!!
  • lindseyloo1216 2012/04/20 11:35:18
    No way!
    lindseyloo1216
    Look.I'll put in some links.For a really SAFE GOOD games.I Have lots.. ALL FREE NO DOWNLOAD. http://votingapi.com/vote.php... <---- Take that link and place it in a tab
  • Kikochan 2012/03/17 16:37:26 (edited)
    Erm...IMVU? What is that?
    Kikochan
    +1
    Sure its safe! I mean you just chat :o You cant to much dirty there, and when you kiss the mouths dont even touch..You need ap (adult pass)..But before you make one you should know what is safe and what is not. It even says on IMVU that nudity,sex,drugs,vilonce, and other is not allowed. And there are defently no viruses, just when your on the internet AND imvu at the same time maybe it will go a bit slower. and a few minutes after you install it might be a bit slow but it will go away..If you had the game installed for a week its almost like its not even there.. So its for teens but not young kids.
  • Kikochan Kikochan 2012/03/17 16:47:02
    Kikochan
    +1
    Nothing is safe for girls on the internet. Facebook isnt any safer than IMVU. even club penguin isnt very safe if you think about it.
  • kaylee 2011/11/25 19:04:29
    No way!
    kaylee
    i honestly think its ok for teens and adults, but for kids? NO WAY!! i would never sign up for that because its bad and it causes viruses to computers. i think you should get sims if you wanna play. sims is kinda like imvu but way safer and way funner.
  • ally kaylee 2012/08/01 16:30:39
    ally
    +2
    No freaking way Imvu is safe
  • NancyAlvarez 2011/10/26 16:06:24
    Yes!
    NancyAlvarez
    I join when i was 13 But It's getting blah u can't do anything you had before.
  • Madi 2011/04/27 20:44:39
    Madi
    +1
    Well its alright. Some of the things are a little grown up but not a lot. I think its alright if you at least watch the stuff that your doing. :)
  • maryalice 2011/01/11 05:45:00 (edited)
    Erm...IMVU? What is that?
    maryalice
    i dont know what it is but i really wanna know why it said imvu was unable to process request???
  • GG 2010/11/15 21:18:27
    No way!
    GG
    +1
    absolutly NOT there is alot of freaks on there some scary ppl
  • Nah 2010/03/08 22:32:52
    Nah
    +2
    Well, it's a great site for getting viruses, if thats what ur planing to do, thats all IMVU is "GOOd" for, the game it's self is rlly borring
  • r0n!n 2010/03/03 02:18:26
    No way!
    r0n!n
    +1
    not really...
  • maryalice r0n!n 2011/01/11 05:59:41
    maryalice
    +2
    hey my b day is march cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • matthew maryalice 2012/07/28 03:15:06
    matthew
    mine too
  • MCRGIRLFORLIFE 2010/03/01 05:11:01
    MCRGIRLFORLIFE
    +1
    idk i dont go on i just wanna kno too so.. ya =/
  • Sheena Bay 2010/03/01 02:13:34
    Sheena Bay
    +1
    my opinion, is to create an alias for urself, or a seperate identity, for me, im one yr older then i really am and i live on th opposite side of th country i actually live on, and i changed my name completely. u really just gotta b careful of ppl who might want to harrass u, cuz beleive me, thts happened 2 me a shit load of times. just simply X out and put ur accoun on th setting wher only frieds can ask 2 chat with you
  • xxanitatokiohotelxx 2010/03/01 00:48:24
    Yes!
    xxanitatokiohotelxx
    +2
    be safe
  • Music Freak101 2010/03/01 00:43:35
    Music Freak101
    +1
    I dont think that anyone MY age would even want to go on a website like that because its like having sex on the internet.. gross!!!!
  • ☆Varsha★ 2010/02/28 22:14:21
    Erm...IMVU? What is that?
    ☆Varsha★
    +1
    I've never heard of it, so I wouldn't know.... If you're careful about what you say, what info is on there about you, and your parents are okay with it, then I'm sure it's fine.
  • MyChemicalRomanceFan~In My ... 2010/02/28 22:00:40
    MyChemicalRomanceFan~In My Chemical Romance we trust~
    +2
    Depends.Some people get carried away with it.My imvu account is full of my chemical romance stuff.I only use the page though I didn't download it.If you do get an account add me my name is MyChemicalRomanceIn.
  • NoelWasNotHere! 2010/02/28 21:06:34
    Yes!
    NoelWasNotHere!
    +3
    my friend is 10 and she plays on my account
  • maryalice NoelWas... 2011/01/11 05:58:15
    maryalice
    +2
    i am a little scared to try it but all my friends play it and always are having so much fun when i call them and i get sad because freerealms.com isnt that fun anymore and neither is club peigun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • ally maryalice 2012/08/01 16:31:21
    ally
    +2
    No way!!!
  • tammerz/zɹǝɯɯɐʇ 2010/02/28 20:47:48
    tammerz/zɹǝɯɯɐʇ
    +1
    Most chat things can be dangerous, especially for a young girl. But I remember being 13, and I was smart enough to avoid predators, so I'm willing to believe you are too. You should probably just stick to talk to your friends though. IMVU can be fun when you design your own avatar. Just be wary of all the weirdos out there.
  • Undecided
    Lady Jules ♥♥ in Lestat I trust ♥♥
    +1
    Never been on that site but have heard a lot of people have issues buying credits for it.
  • Whackoslovakian ⇜ǷђÀ3†⇝ 2010/02/28 20:30:16
    Whackoslovakian  ⇜ǷђÀ3†⇝
    +1
    I'd say skip it and find something better to do. I don't think any good will come out of that....
  • ladyshellie-Child -of- God 2010/02/28 20:27:30
    No way!
    ladyshellie-Child -of- God
    +1
    Seriously-I have tried2download this⁢ messed up my computer.So I wouldnt recommend any chat,especially for you.Perverts are on the chats hot and heavy and will stop at nothing to get what they want from you,girl.Be careful,dont talk to anybody and give any personal info.Your name,address,location,phone number.They can pretend to be anyone.You dont know who is on the other end.You could be talking one day and either locked up or beaten the next day.U have NO IDEA who you are talking to.Play it safe and dont get on ANY CHAT.Even adults especially women and girls are prime targets for abuse and I just would not go there! If you were my child,I would put parental chips in so you could not download any chats or go anywhere that was not safe for a child or even an adult such as I be!
  • Vapidifull 2010/02/28 20:25:28
    Vapidifull
    +3
    I Kinda Doubt Anything On The Internet Is Safe For Young Girls.
    I Mean ANYONE Can Get Like....Jacked, Hacked, Or Harrassed.
    Let Alone Young Girls.
  • ladyshe... Vapidifull 2010/02/28 20:30:06
    ladyshellie-Child -of- God
    +1
    dead on target,girl.i agree!i have been in situations where i am lucky to be alive!
  • Vapidifull ladyshe... 2010/02/28 20:41:07
    Vapidifull
    Wow. REally.
    Thats Rough!
    I'm Sorry!
    Well Im Glad Yourr Alive THen! :] Lol.
  • Artemis ~PHAET 2010/02/28 20:24:43
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +3
    It's the same as any other site if you practice internet safety. It's basically just an instant messenger, so if you don't talk to strangers on any other instant messenger, try avoiding them there. Since they've redone a lot of the stuff at IMVU, it's more kid friendly, so you should be fine. There is a lot of pervy stuff there, but you have to purchase an adult pass to see it. Again, you should be fine if you're careful.
  • ladyshe... Artemis... 2010/02/28 20:31:15
    ladyshellie-Child -of- God
    NOT!your a guy,you have it easy.She's a young girl.
  • Lady Ju... ladyshe... 2010/02/28 20:37:11
    Lady Jules ♥♥ in Lestat I trust ♥♥
    +3
    Puck is a girl
  • Jersey-... Lady Ju... 2010/02/28 20:38:32 (edited)
    Jersey-Gurl
    +4
    XD
    That's awkward
  • Lady Ju... Jersey-... 2010/02/28 20:41:57
    Lady Jules ♥♥ in Lestat I trust ♥♥
    +3
    Eh Puck gets that a lot....she's used to it...LOL
  • Artemis... Lady Ju... 2010/02/28 23:26:37
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +2
    lol, used to it, yes. But it gets so old.

2014/04/16 13:14:32