Is emo dead?

Stevie The Strange 2007/10/06 00:50:50
Yes, quit whining emo kids
No, emo is hawt!
Yes, but I wish it wasn't dead.
No, kill it already!!
Personally I think it is. It's been dead for years and what people call emo now is just a poor imitation.
Want emo?? Try the originals.
Jaw Breaker, Fugazi, Embrace, Rites of Spring

• Dommy 2010/01/12 21:48:00
    No, emo is hawt!
    Dommy
    +3
    the Emo scene isnt dead. Nor is Goth. nor prep, scene, skater etc. No style is dead. Once it is introduced, it can never die. Sure lots of people can stop being that stereotype, but there will still be A LOT of people out there as one of these types. Think about it, Goth has been said that it had died a loooong time ago...but you still see people out in the street? But if a style DOES die... it doesnt mean that you have to stop dressing or becoming that style. If its something that interests you and you like that style..then theres no reason for you to stop!

• d sar 2013/05/11 00:15:37
    No, emo is hawt!
    d sar
    Emo girls are hot, even if they are whiny spoiled brats
  • SpliftedKlown 2011/12/06 06:59:43
    Yes, but I wish it wasn't dead.
    SpliftedKlown
    honestly, i personally dont think emo is exactly "dead" its more that it got WAYYY to main stream so the people that actually are emo stopped caring about the fact that emo even has a name and then the people that heard about it thought it was cool so then everyone started trying to be exactly like "real emos" and made the reason for posers, thats what happened with every stereotype. Also as every generation of people get older stereotypes seem to fade more and more out.
  • GloriLoveyouforlife 2010/04/22 11:27:32
    GloriLoveyouforlife
    +2
    no .. personally i am not an emo but i dont think so .. i think emos are people who have been dissapointed from friends or bf and gf or everybody and we have to "help" them to "escape" from only that feeling of pain .. but if the feel good in that wearing let them keep it !! just i dont thing the "pain feeling" is good :P
    peace xD
  • Dommy 2010/01/12 21:48:00
    No, emo is hawt!
    Dommy
    +3
  • calisoda 2010/01/10 03:36:56
    No, kill it already!!
    calisoda
    emo is good.. just for superficial purposes though.
  • Sal 2009/12/31 03:10:05
    Yes, quit whining emo kids
    Sal
    Please for the love of god...quit polluting the airwaves with this shit music, shit bands, and shit followers. Fucking sheep.
  • _I'm_So_OuT_oF_It_ 2009/11/23 17:56:19
    Yes, but I wish it wasn't dead.
    _I'm_So_OuT_oF_It_
    Its sucks ass because now im all aloone at my school.... :',(
  • Anonymous 2009/09/29 17:12:28
    No, kill it already!!
    Anonymous
    +1
    Emo isn't dead but, it has changed alot though. It would seem modern Emo is just a cheap imitation of the original. I personally believe that Emo changed so much because of when it started to achieve some mainstream success the media showed up to ruin it by making up the Emo stereotype, which now for many people is what real Emo is. I think it's pretty obvious that it has been reduced to but a mere teen fad ( and incredibly stereotyped at that) and has become a subculture filled with posers. Thus it has become mainstream just like it's predecessor Punk and it deserves to die.
  • GiseleTheDancer 2009/03/19 08:09:07
  • Gaara GiseleT... 2009/03/19 08:13:00
    Gaara
    +1
    Greese and dirt? acne riddled faces? that sounds like a greeb to me!
  • GiseleT... Gaara 2009/03/19 08:15:27
  • Gaara GiseleT... 2009/03/19 08:39:01
    Gaara
    +1
    lol are you sure it wasn't the night of the living dead emos xD
  • GiseleT... Gaara 2009/03/19 08:40:42
  • abbeydawn 2009/02/17 17:33:28
    No, emo is hawt!
    abbeydawn
    pleassseeeee dont die, it makes us scene kids look cool :(
  • emoluvr 2008/12/27 11:35:21
    No, emo is hawt!
    emoluvr
    u no what, emo kids, and people who are into the emo look are hot, the hairstyles are hot, the safety pins are rele cool, and i think if you spend ur time dissing people, karma is going to catch up to u and ur going to regret dissing them, ya its stupid to hurt yourself when ur upset, but that is the way they choose to live so just leave them alone, and al you other people who think emo kids r hot, u rock!
  • MsSnakebite 2008/12/10 14:35:55
    No, emo is hawt!
    MsSnakebite
    +1
    TBH I dont think emo died, but it has changed, but thats what happens, i mean the other day i heard someone call "Linkin Park" punk/rock :S lawl But yea, i think although its diffrent, its Kinda got better! Now emo(/Scene) is all about the fashion, If your emo you dont NEED to be deppresed anymore xD hellz i'm emo(/scene) but i'm THE most crazyist, random, happy girl you'll ever meet! So yea thats my view :) plus if you wana add me plz do :D DemonAngelFallenAngel@hotmail... xx
  • cuzimjustamazing 2008/11/29 00:14:04
    Yes, but I wish it wasn't dead.
    cuzimjustamazing
    sadly yes.
    (at my school anyway)
    now everyone just hates on em.
  • cuzimjustamazing 2008/11/29 00:13:30
    Yes, but I wish it wasn't dead.
    cuzimjustamazing
    sadly yes.
    (at my school anyway)
    now everyone just hates on em.
  • CharliieeSistaRR 2008/11/26 16:46:08
    No, emo is hawt!
    CharliieeSistaRR
    Emo isnt dead,
    recently i've been hearing people hating on them!
    I hate people who hate on other people,
    there soo suckish
  • krystayoung<3 2008/11/08 00:05:30
    No, emo is hawt!
    krystayoung<3
    emo is soo hawt :)
  • HOOLIGAN 2008/09/21 02:47:16
    HOOLIGAN
    GO CUT YOUR WRISTS AND YOUR GAY BANGS
  • Gaara HOOLIGAN 2009/03/19 08:15:54
    Gaara
    LOL stupid person, i quote "GO CUT YOUR WRISTS AND YOUR GAY BANGS" now tell me ... how does one cut a gang bang xD u must be a very lonely person to go onto this quiz and leave a comment like that!
  • Kulizokia Gaara 2009/08/17 09:03:40
    Kulizokia
    +2
    *sigh* You're a fucking idiot Gaara.
  • Zoe 2008/09/16 17:35:38
    No, emo is hawt!
    Zoe
    Emo has evolved alot since it's beginnings in the 80s hardcore scene. I don't think it's dead, it just keep changing.
  • Charlotte-Toxic. 2008/08/30 00:04:47
    Charlotte-Toxic.
    Emo isnt a trend.. and that is true what kids think is emo isnt really. I get called it all the time and I am the wierdest happiest laughable person.. It's cuzz they think I died my hair black when it's dark brown! Ugh! I hate them!

sorry.
  • scenecuzions 2008/08/04 15:53:00
    No, emo is hawt!
    scenecuzions
    u guys need to get a life! emo people are hawt!!!!! nd da the guys omg.! me and my cuzion rnt emo were scene kids but we like the style nd hair nd all dat crap. but still give emo ppl a break ur just makin it harder for them by judging them nd they are already emotional nd stuff they can be whoever they wanna be. so let them. nd yes being emo can be fixed nd turn to someone not so hurt. but it wood take tons of time nd hard work. emo kids are nice people so give em a break!!!!!! nd to all u emo kids.... good luck nd please dont do ne thing to hurt ur self... think bout ur actions nd remember people will miss u weather they show it or not... dont worry bout other people take care of ur selfs... itll be okayy itll be fine.

love Sierra and Breauna... ♥♥♥
  • Stevie ... scenecu... 2008/08/08 14:50:18
    Stevie The Strange
    Ok some points about your response.

(A) Thank you for sharing your opinion.
    (B) Invest in a dictionary
    (C) I really object to:
    "nd they are already emotional nd stuff" and "nd to all u emo kids.... good luck nd please dont do ne thing to hurt ur self... "
    What were you saying about judging people? You just displayed the kind of prejudice that you were saying is wrong.

A* for hipocracy and D- for spelling and grammar.
  • hot hot emo 2008/07/15 17:31:44
    Yes, but I wish it wasn't dead.
    hot hot emo
    Emos exsited but they dont like bein Labled
  • Chels 2008/07/04 22:44:09
    No, emo is hawt!
    Chels
    Emo is all i have, without it, i am nothing...
  • uncle ruckus 2008/06/26 22:12:32
    No, emo is hawt!
    uncle ruckus
    what no punk and goth are dead emo was just born
  • Sarah Films the Clouds 2008/06/05 21:45:42
    Sarah Films the Clouds
    I think that emo is a style of music and dress...
    By reading the comments, it seems that people think all emos do is cut and cry... which isn't the meaning of emo, as far as I know...
    But then again, I wouldn't... cos I'm not emo... Hmm
  • Lucia 2008/06/02 20:22:48
    Yes, quit whining emo kids
    Lucia
    Emo is just beeing a fagg!!!
    Stop beeing such a babies!!!
  • Soms Cougli 2008/05/28 10:16:42
    Soms Cougli
    I damn well hope not!
    But err, I'm kinda over my emo stage LOL!

x
  • Lucia Soms Co... 2008/06/02 20:26:59
    Lucia
    So why do you hope is not dead???
    A mean get it over!!!
    Its dead!!!
  • Soms Co... Lucia 2008/06/03 06:19:19
    Soms Cougli
    Sorry, darlin' but I tstill love the emo style :]

It's not dead.
    Look around, hun.

x <33
  • monkey_girl_for_God 2008/05/27 02:31:54
    No, emo is hawt!
    monkey_girl_for_God
  • zigzag 2008/05/26 20:53:48
    Yes, quit whining emo kids
    zigzag
    this new emo kids are such whinners and wannabes!!!!!!!
  • peureux 2008/05/26 20:37:55
    No, kill it already!!
    peureux
    emo is deffinatley not dead. i dont know why anyone would think that, with everybody moping around with 3 inch thick eyeliner, slitting their wrists because their crush doesnt like them and they think they need help when they choose not to get it.
  • TheSara. 2008/05/26 16:18:54
    No, kill it already!!
    TheSara.
    OI OI OI!

• BITE ME! 2008/05/26 13:09:43
    Yes, quit whining emo kids
    BITE ME!
    Emo sucks so BITE ME!

2014/09/03 00:20:56