Is Eminem's "Not Afraid" Video: Is Eminem Repeating Himself?

Million Dollar Man 2010/05/13 18:02:15
Eminem repeats his past lyrics in "Not Afraid"
Eminem does not repeat himself in "Not Afraid"
Eminem's newest music video "Not Afraid"
Fans received Eminem's newest music video "Not Afraid" with applause, though, to my tastes, the single from the rapper's newest album "Recovery" follows the same steps as his past works.

While taking a positive note in "Not Afraid" in his first chorus "I'm not afraid to take a stand / Everybody come take my hand, we'll walk this road together," Eminem quickly reverts back to venomous lyrics and vulgarity. Perhaps it's Eminem's style to persistently condemn his invisible enemies in his songs, what with lyrics like "F--- your fillings, instead of getting crowned you're getting capped," but to me his songs are getting old.

Do you agree that Eminem is just repeating himself?

• BrandiMaltais 2010/05/21 23:58:23
    BrandiMaltais
    +1
    I think that as long as there is a messege in the song , he should continue with the "venomous lyrics" but sometimes some of his music does get a little old because It seems like that is all he is doing. People lose the messege along the way. I think he is a true artist in the way he says what people don't normally talk about. I don't think he is soft for making songs like "beautiful" and "Not Afraid" because at least it seems he is heading in a direction. That we are all beautiful and to stand for whats right, instead of sulking in the same BS.
  • Capuchin Monkey 2010/05/19 00:14:49
    Capuchin Monkey
    Trash talking is just part of Hip-Hop culture in general. Every emcee trash talks or "Battles" in their rhymes. It is not to be taken literally. I think Eminem is probably the most talented emcee out there. No one else can come close to the way he rhymes every word and then compounds the rhymes. As long as he doesn't totally lose his mind I think he will have listeners.
  • MrsPaatinson 2010/05/17 21:28:22
    MrsPaatinson
    ii LOVE Eminem, iv never had a bad thing to say about him. soooo...
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥
  • maravia 2010/05/13 23:25:04
    maravia
    I don't like anything he does ..He is boring to me.I don't like him.
  • Eminem's newest music video "Not Afraid"
    Algor. Mortis. - ҎԊǢɬ Physician
    I couldn't care less about Eminem

2014/08/30 18:36:57