STOP!

You must be 18 years of age to view this page.
Please enter your birthdate below:

Is all nudity porn?

Dave The Canuck 2012/03/26 07:47:50
Related Topics: Porn, Nudity
Nudity is porn
Nudity is not, in and of itself, pornographic

• Cuthbert Allsgood 2012/11/07 18:50:32
    Cuthbert Allsgood
    And there is nothing inherently wrong with either nudity or pornography.
  • Keegan The Fabulous 2012/11/07 05:53:06
    Keegan The Fabulous
    +1
    My face has no fabric on it to conceal the skin, so therefore you're looking at inappropriate content every time you look at my face. Yet we don't censor people's faces.

That's all I need to say.
  • Psyblade 2012/11/07 03:41:45
    Psyblade
  • No One 2012/11/07 03:36:13
    No One
    +1
    No there has to be something sexual about the nudity for it to be porn.
    for most it's what viewer is looking for and their motives
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/04/16 01:38:35
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +1
    I always thought that pornography was defined as pictures or film of people engaged in a sexual act.

Now hardliners say "children in adult situations is pornography"

Which makes kiddie beauty pagents pornography.

So lets see where sodahead draws the line, years ago I created a picture that I named [...]

how offended are you?
  • Dave Th... John Ga... 2013/02/07 07:04:48
    Dave The Canuck
    I think that picture is a little creepy. It's by no means child pornography, but I can understand a very overzealous cop (the kind that cracks down on bath pictures) possibly questioning you about it.
  • BritishNaturism 2012/04/09 15:44:29
    BritishNaturism
    It's good to see common sense prevailing on this issue. Pornography is all about sex and simple nudity is simply not sexual. A skimpy bikini is far more sexual as it draws attention to the wearer by teasing the eye of the observer. It is only the enforced wearing of clothes by the prudish elements in society that would make anyone think any other way, so it's good to see that even though the prudes have forced to consider clothes to be the norm, they haven't succeeded in completely corrupting our thoughts!
  • mama sew,gung ho 2012/04/08 23:04:55
    mama sew,gung ho
    "The Body Beautiful!" (Until you get a load of a harry,bald,beer bellied baboon,in a speed- o!)"Now, that's obscene!"LOL
  • Karl 2012/04/05 23:26:07
    Karl
    The Birth of Venus
    'nuff said.
  • RS 2012/04/03 04:23:35
    RS
    Nudity is not porn.
  • **Heart-Breaker** 2012/04/01 14:45:06
    **Heart-Breaker**
    +1
    No r u tryna say wen u naked in da shower that ur doing an act of porn? Dats a shame u cant even b naked without somebody talkn bout porn.
  • Sodaz56 2012/04/01 14:10:31
    Sodaz56
    +1
    The only reason I know what porn is because my cousin had it on her computer, and it popped up. I think that people who say being nude is porn aren't thinking too well. Most laws say 18 and up for porn, but apparently since being nude is porn, we've been doing it before we even came out of the womb! 'Nuff said.
  • Pam 2012/04/01 07:35:20
    Pam
    +2
    Nudity is not pornographic, its the intent that makes it porn.
  • Gassenjunge 2012/03/29 04:02:07
    Gassenjunge
    +1
    Nudity's nudity - context and personal perception determines the value
  • Death On Two Legs 2012/03/28 21:00:09
    Death On Two Legs
    +1
    It's natural

Although there are many people in this world I'd rather not see naked O_e
  • KittyC 2012/03/28 13:35:46
    KittyC
    +1
    No.

More often than not, it's art.
  • .: LiVi :. 2012/03/28 12:09:46
    .: LiVi :.
    +1
    Nudity is beautiful! We should all worship our bodies
  • ready46xwu .: LiVi :. 2012/03/30 01:46:06
    ready46xwu
    +2
    i ADORE the FEMALE BODY!
  • JDLogan 2012/03/28 03:35:06
    JDLogan
    And stories and audio certainly don't have nudity (considering they are words on a page or just sound) but can equally certainly be pornographic.
  • Adam 2012/03/28 01:36:47
    Adam
    But I would dare to say that only a small percentage of nudity is not porn. Mostly stuff that displays a tragedy.
  • Miko 2012/03/27 21:34:09
    Nudity is porn
    Miko
    I see that
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/03/27 20:32:57
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
  • Dave Th... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/03/27 22:04:21
    Dave The Canuck
    That kid's sure got some screwed up ideas. Hate to think what he'll be like when he's grown up.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Dave Th... 2012/03/27 22:10:53
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    eye twitch gif
    its a CARTOON
  • Dave Th... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/03/28 00:23:41
    Dave The Canuck
    Yeah, but still.
  • Lord Em... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/11/07 03:44:06
    Lord Emperor Kami Guro Bagels Supreme Ruler of the Earth
    YOU'RE A CARTOON!!!
  • middlesex1957 2012/03/27 16:19:38
    middlesex1957
    +6
    I'm a naturist and so is my husband. We met at a get away naturist weekend when our seperate groups got together at a camp ground. For years 3 local groups, (gay men, family group & pagan group who worship naked) got together and rented a health club for an evening. We were all ages and very diverse and had a wonderful time together. I spend my summers at a clothing optional camp, and we attend a naturist retreat in the Poconos. Being naked is so freeing, so equalizing, so innocently and utterly human I encourage all to do it once in your life if only to walk through the woods as God created you, a natural creature - on hot day without clothes to sweat in. Yes, we have children there. No, there is no rampant sex. Yes, there are erections and yes nobody cares. Put it on the bucket list - you won't regret it.
  • NhytFahl middles... 2012/03/27 19:21:11
    NhytFahl
    +1
    “What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?” – Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

“The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or politics, but it is not the path to knowledge.” – Carl Sagan
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... middles... 2012/03/27 20:33:13
  • NhytFahl 2012/03/27 15:34:12
    NhytFahl
    +3
    Not all nudity is porn, and not all porn involves nudity. (Just look at the cover of Cosmo.)

When people look at things, or representations of things (like photographs, paintings, sculptures, etc.), they see what they want to see - or what their subconscious mental filters and emotional baggage allow them to see. There are those who cannot see past the nakedness of Michelangelo's David or Boticelli's Birth of Venus, to the universal themes of humanity that they contain.

As Anais Nin asserted: "We do not see things as they are, we see them as *we* are."

Ansel Adams also stated that thought, specifically in reference to pictorial representations: "There are [at least] two people in every photograph: The photographer and the viewer."

Sadly, artists (and models) actually have very little influence on what the viewer sees in the images they make. Much more of what people see in imagery comes from their own upbringing, cultural memes, and peer pressure.
  • middles... NhytFahl 2012/03/27 16:21:22
    middlesex1957
    +1
    Love that Anais Nin quote!
  • Mungu 2012/03/27 15:22:39
    Mungu
    I was in the backyard the other day. It was hot. I had the impulsion to let the sun and wind touch my "loins". There was something "empowering" about it. I felt energized down there. I didn't want anyone to see me, but whew, the sun feels good there.

Personally when I was a young lad, during my years of youthful indiscretion. I never cared for "porn". Did not care to see folk "doing the nasty". However I did like seeing women exotic dancers. It did not seem dirty to me, but artful.
  • Leeaqua 2012/03/27 15:00:28
    Leeaqua
    Ridiculous question !
  • Dave Th... Leeaqua 2012/04/21 05:26:57
    Dave The Canuck
    +1
    I'd say it's the link between nudity and porn that is ridiculous, not my question. If you had chosen "Nudity is porn" and written "Ridiculous question" I'd consider you very closed-minded.
  • Leeaqua Dave Th... 2012/04/26 15:43:56
    Leeaqua
    +1
    Have to go to the follies in Paris to appreciate nudity as art !
  • Brother Bo 2012/03/27 14:08:29 (edited)
    Brother Bo
    "Nude" means you have no clothes on. Nekkid is when you have no clothes on and something sexual is going on...

Nudity isn't porn, but it makes porn easier to do!
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/03/27 14:00:02
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +4
    Only in pervert America. I don't say this to be insulting, but Americans have an unhealthy taboo over the human body.
  • middles... Beat Ma... 2012/03/27 16:34:34
    middlesex1957
    +4
    It's not insulting. It is tragically true. We had the worst time convincing a German immigrant couple that they must never, ever be seen naked at any time even through their own windows because it is against the law and they can be arrested. Eventually one of them peed behind the bushes in a county park thinking he was all alone and got arrested. A plain clothes saw him - had been following him hoping to catch him doing just that. After that they believed us but never again thought their new country was the land of the "free". In Germany nakedness at beaches, parks, pools, gyms etc. is common place. You wouldn't walk into a restaurant naked - inappropriate but not illegal! If caught having sex in the park you'd be admonished to go deeper off the path so you can't be seen but you wouldn't be thrown in jail like in the U.S. They laugh at us and call us a police state with the government chasing us around like old nuns. "That's why you are always telling everyone you are free - you are trying to convince yourselves!", they laugh. Their perspective sure changed mine.
  • Thank you but no... 2012/03/27 13:16:36

2014/09/21 08:17:19