I'm in love with a guy who lives far away. What should I do?

Toriablu 2009/10/12 02:26:50
You don't have to read the whole story if you dont want to, but here it is:

I'm not gong to use his real name, so lets call him Keith.
Keith was my friend last year for a while, but then he moved without warning. It was then that I realized that I had a crush on him.
So I learned to get over him for a while and then we e-mailed each other every now and then.
Then he was online more often, and we started texting, and then he told me that he had a crush on me for a while, but never had the guts to tell me at first. And I admitted to my crush, too.
But at this time he had a girlfriend. (Lets call her Melonie) He said he really liked Melonie, but he was still crushing on me at the same time. And he told me he was confused. So, with out giving me a heads up, he stoped talking to me on text and internet for a while. And I guess I was so mad, that I convinced myself I was over him forever.

He started talking to me again yesterday.
And he told me that he broke up with Melonie.
I couldn't help but feel a little happy. (Yeah I know thats not very nice.)
And I have made a decsion.
I'm in love with him.

But the problem with it is, he lives, like, REALLY far away.
How do I deal with this?

• Samanthalynn 2012/12/29 22:06:10
    Samanthalynn
    +15
    okay i have a similar case i met this guy on facebook 2 years ago and ive had i dont know at the boyfriends and none have worked out cause they all just wanted one thing and of course i wouldnt give it to them so they stopped talking to me and then i realized anytime i needed to talk to anyone teddy was always there for me but we always considered each other as bestfriends then me and him got to where we had no one to talk to other than each other and we found out we had so much in common and we both admitted weve liked each other for a long time but never told each other and then we have gotton so comforatable with each other we can tell each other any and evrything and we found out we were both intersted in the same college in texas but he lives in south carolina and i live in georgia we live 5 hours apart but my grandparents want me to finish school which i do in may i go to a charter school so i am graduating 2 years early but he doesnt garduate til 2015 but we are the same age hes just 5 days older than me and we both feel we are meant for each other....and yeah sometimes we do argue but we always settle things. we make each other so happy and we arent attracked just phyically we like each other for who our personallity is and he does anything to make me happy and we talk...
    okay i have a similar case i met this guy on facebook 2 years ago and ive had i dont know at the boyfriends and none have worked out cause they all just wanted one thing and of course i wouldnt give it to them so they stopped talking to me and then i realized anytime i needed to talk to anyone teddy was always there for me but we always considered each other as bestfriends then me and him got to where we had no one to talk to other than each other and we found out we had so much in common and we both admitted weve liked each other for a long time but never told each other and then we have gotton so comforatable with each other we can tell each other any and evrything and we found out we were both intersted in the same college in texas but he lives in south carolina and i live in georgia we live 5 hours apart but my grandparents want me to finish school which i do in may i go to a charter school so i am graduating 2 years early but he doesnt garduate til 2015 but we are the same age hes just 5 days older than me and we both feel we are meant for each other....and yeah sometimes we do argue but we always settle things. we make each other so happy and we arent attracked just phyically we like each other for who our personallity is and he does anything to make me happy and we talk like20 hours of the day and we never run outta things to talk bout and we both have similar goals and ethics for our futures. im just wondering is it possible he could be the one for me he always tells me he cant belive how amazing i am and he loves me and i am in love with him i usally am always lookin around seeing if there is a guy i can love but since ive developed these feelings for him i dont even think about any guys for more than just friends.

• Chey Javier 2014/07/28 14:22:22
    Chey Javier
    +3
    Guys!!! Help!!!

So, I was at the mall with my dad, mum, and siblings, then we went to the bowling alley. We met this another family and their son who is [not telling his real name] Jake. He's really cute and he's only 14! [I'm 13 1/2 anyway] I could feel myself staring at him when he smiles whenever he miss the pins and I feel like my knees would go weak and I feel like melting whenever I see him smile. Then I caught him once looking at me then he turned away quickly. My mum had told me she also caught him looking at me a couple of times and she started teasing me telling me to go sit beside him and I was like 'no!' And she started laughing. I felt really happy whenever he's near me or when I see him. Then after their game ended and had to left, I felt like the other part of me was taken away. I felt really sad and just wanted to burst out crying. After our game ended, my mum had told my dad that I had a crush on Jake and he said he noticed then my mum also told him that he saw Jake looking at me a couple of times then my dad said he noticed that too. I was blushing and smiling like crazy. Since then, he had never left my mind from waking up to sleeping. I've always prayed to God that we would meet again. And he also became my inspiration to be a better person like having bet...
    Guys!!! Help!!!

So, I was at the mall with my dad, mum, and siblings, then we went to the bowling alley. We met this another family and their son who is [not telling his real name] Jake. He's really cute and he's only 14! [I'm 13 1/2 anyway] I could feel myself staring at him when he smiles whenever he miss the pins and I feel like my knees would go weak and I feel like melting whenever I see him smile. Then I caught him once looking at me then he turned away quickly. My mum had told me she also caught him looking at me a couple of times and she started teasing me telling me to go sit beside him and I was like 'no!' And she started laughing. I felt really happy whenever he's near me or when I see him. Then after their game ended and had to left, I felt like the other part of me was taken away. I felt really sad and just wanted to burst out crying. After our game ended, my mum had told my dad that I had a crush on Jake and he said he noticed then my mum also told him that he saw Jake looking at me a couple of times then my dad said he noticed that too. I was blushing and smiling like crazy. Since then, he had never left my mind from waking up to sleeping. I've always prayed to God that we would meet again. And he also became my inspiration to be a better person like having better grades than before, no more cussing, things like that. He became an inspiration to me. I also changed for the better so that God would listen to me and let us meet again. I was praying that Jake would be my destiny and live with him forever. My problem is, I only know his first name and I don't know where he lives since the mall was far from both our homes. Guys what should I do? I don't know I feel like I'm missing him everyday and I felt like the other half of me was missing. Any feedbakcs or advice? Or something?
  • lili 2014/07/16 01:28:56 (edited)
    lili
    +1
    HELP!! I met this guy all I know about him is his first name :Bailey and that I seriously like fell in love with him at first site and he lives far far away what should I do
  • Layla MIng 2014/04/28 14:06:22
    Layla MIng
    +4
    Ok so it's this guy I've met on omegle and we've been talking for 1 month uhm let's call him Liam. So Liam lives really far away from me I've even counted he lives 13hours and 8minutes away. We have never met we've talked on skype a few times so I know it's really him. We say we love each other and everything but the only problem is I'm 13 and he's 19 he thinks I'm 19 too and I asked him if I were younger would things still be the same? And he told me yeah but I don't know if I can tell him I mean he has a job and he knows I'm in school and I'm shy and self conscious but he doesn't care he actually helps me be more outgoing. We talk everyday and he might fall asleep first or I might and we've only had 2 arguments but that's it. What do you guys think I should do?
  • Lib-Alg... Layla MIng 2014/06/06 08:37:50
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    +1
    If you need help, just message me yeah =)) I'll help you!!
  • mcqueen Lib-Alg... 2014/07/05 23:01:29
  • Sofia Layla MIng 2014/07/13 01:54:28
  • isafleur Layla MIng 13 hours ago
    isafleur
    I think you should maybe just keep this guy as a friend instead of a romantic interest because firstly he will probebly be arrested if you went out with him as he is 19 and you are 13 and you are therefore putting him in an unfair and potentially dangerous position, and secondly if you havnt met him in person then he is a no go. Talking on the internet and in person is obviously very different as things can be deleted, and there is time to think of what to say. I would find a nice guy the same age as you and have some fun! You dont want to be getting into a serious adult relationship yet,trust me
  • Sara Elizabeth 2014/03/07 18:57:51
    Sara Elizabeth
    +3
    I have like the same exact problem! Well their is this boy named ( not his real name) Max. We used to talk to each other all the time! We dared each other, and he wasn't afraid of talking to me about other girls. Weird right? But at that time I didn't like him. Then over time, I fell in love with him. And one day, he asked me if he knew anybody that likes him. I told him yes, I do. And he still talked to me after that! Then around a year later I asked him out. He told me yes! We dated for about a week. We split up because of my friend. Then during this recent summer. He told me he was moving. I cried the whole night. Once he moved we still talked. But not as much. And one night we decided to pull an all nighter, my friend, Max and I all did. Over skype and fb. He video chatted my friend. While I was still on skype. I heard the conversation and she knew I could too. Then she started talking about something to him. I think it was, about her. He said something like I still love u. ( they dated a year before I dated him) She said " well what about your other girl friends? What about Sara?" He laughed and said " I only dated all of those girls to make you jealous!" She said." You know, u broke my best friends heart!" He laughed and said idc! I heard it all! I hung up the Skype cal...
    I have like the same exact problem! Well their is this boy named ( not his real name) Max. We used to talk to each other all the time! We dared each other, and he wasn't afraid of talking to me about other girls. Weird right? But at that time I didn't like him. Then over time, I fell in love with him. And one day, he asked me if he knew anybody that likes him. I told him yes, I do. And he still talked to me after that! Then around a year later I asked him out. He told me yes! We dated for about a week. We split up because of my friend. Then during this recent summer. He told me he was moving. I cried the whole night. Once he moved we still talked. But not as much. And one night we decided to pull an all nighter, my friend, Max and I all did. Over skype and fb. He video chatted my friend. While I was still on skype. I heard the conversation and she knew I could too. Then she started talking about something to him. I think it was, about her. He said something like I still love u. ( they dated a year before I dated him) She said " well what about your other girl friends? What about Sara?" He laughed and said " I only dated all of those girls to make you jealous!" She said." You know, u broke my best friends heart!" He laughed and said idc! I heard it all! I hung up the Skype call and cried. She called me back. I answered and I looked like a wreck! Till half way through this school year I still never got over him! And then the other day, he said that he was coming down to visit and he might move back. And when I asked him about the call, he lied. What do I do if he moves back? That would be awkward.... And I'd go through hell again!
  • Lib-Alg... Sara El... 2014/03/14 13:55:45
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    Yo girl. Your story is so heart-breaking ;'( If you need help you can just message me and i'll be so glad to help you, thanks ^^
  • mcqueen Lib-Alg... 2014/07/05 23:01:47
  • vincent miles 2014/01/24 20:51:19
    vincent miles
    +4
    im in love with this woman but she lives far away, i want to leave georgia and go with her but ive been on my job16 years and make decent money .help...
  • ♛Candy♛ vincent... 2014/01/24 20:53:55
    ♛Candy♛
    +1
    OMG i'm sorry for u!
  • vincent... ♛Candy♛ 2014/01/24 21:00:57
    vincent miles
    +2
    thats it ...i thought you had answers.lol
  • ♛Candy♛ vincent... 2014/01/24 22:04:15
    ♛Candy♛
    +1
    YEA I DO LOL
  • Lib-Alg... vincent... 2014/01/27 10:49:45
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    I CAN HELP YOU :)
  • ♛Candy♛ 2013/12/17 20:35:47
    ♛Candy♛
    +3
    kay i met this boy in face book like 7 months and i am not saying his name kay he lives guyana and he went india 2 study, I live trinidad every day we text eachother and talk and he keeps on telling me how he wanna kiss me and he really likes me he need me and i am soooo inlove with him i read his messages over and over and i can't stop thinking about him soo today he text me and said babe i really need u and i really wanna hug u and kiss u, soo i was like kk why don't u come by me and he was like babe i wish i could hold u in my arms and kiss u in ur bed but he said he can't come cuz he have 2 study he said but he will kiss me please help me hw can i see him and how do i deal with this??
  • Lib-Alg... ♛Candy♛ 2014/01/07 10:26:08
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    +1
    Hello! I can help you sweetie!! Just message me, thats all that needs to be done, im helped solve so much problems like this ;)
    And ill reply back as soon as i get your message! Waiting for message! Bye xx
  • Cydni C... Lib-Alg... 2014/06/30 01:28:20
    Cydni Crawford
    +2
    Can you help me? Me and this guy been dating for almost 10 months .....and we are growing tired of being far apart .....we live 2 states from each other and we both don't have money ...I just want to go out there and be with him ....really really badly ...I can't take it ...he so important to me...I just want to be with him :'(
  • Nikki 2013/08/11 21:01:15
  • Lib-Alg... Nikki 2013/08/11 22:51:44
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    So what's the help that you need??
  • olivia 2013/07/31 04:23:38
  • Lib-Alg... olivia 2013/07/31 13:19:35
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    Mail me for help if you need it. :)
  • tianna 2013/07/21 11:23:25
    tianna
    +3
    I'm also in love with someone who lives far away. We met on BBM and we have been talking for about 6 mouths and I found out that he really likes me and i really like him to we only found this out the other day. But only problem we live way to FAR and it's really hard if we went out but I'm only 14 and he is like 16 :( ........ but we like eachother so much but its so hard and i dont know what to do??? one thing is i really wanna go up to him like in person and i would love to stay there with him so we would be together and everything its sounds perfect but my mum would kill me if she found out im talking to someone i dont know in person and if i said i wanna go and meet him i dont know what she would say. i have been looking for another guy but thats not working as i know who i wanna be with someone please help me!!!!!!!!??????????
  • Lib-Alg... tianna 2013/07/22 10:28:16
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    Need help? (:
  • adelina... tianna 2014/04/24 11:47:57
    adelinamarie
    +4
    Im in the same position now im 14 and im head over heels in love with him and no other guy comes close, we met over sc and bbm but he lives like 5 hours away he is 16 and my mum would kill me if she found out but he is willing to move here for me but i dont know how to tell my mum x
  • Lib-Alg... adelina... 2014/06/06 08:39:25
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    Message me for help!!!!!!!!!
  • mcqueen Lib-Alg... 2014/07/05 22:59:56
  • gemma.p... tianna 2014/05/19 22:58:38
    gemma.payne.5680
    +3
    Hey same..
  • mcqueen gemma.p... 2014/07/05 23:00:21
  • sarah 2013/07/19 13:24:50
  • sarah 2013/07/19 13:23:59
    sarah
    same
  • sarah 2013/07/19 13:23:08
    sarah
    +1
    im the same i like this guy in school grade 7 but im moving away next year his freinds said he liked me and since grade 2 i loved him but im moving away far away sad
  • Lib-Alg... sarah 2013/07/22 10:28:41
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    Need help? :)
  • samantha bland 2013/06/11 18:35:07
    samantha bland
    +4
    I like this guy we met on wizard 101 and we love each other but sad part he live in north carolina and i live in ga what do i do? I am afraid that my parents will find out plzhelp
  • Lib-Alg... samanth... 2013/06/11 18:40:38
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    +2
    Hey i could help you... My advice for you is if you 2 truly love each other you will make sacrifices, trust me... First thing you should do is tell your parents.. Not telling them will just make things worse..! At least till your mother if you can't tell both... Here read my story and how i solved it... I had the same situation as you only that i live in London and him Algeria.. Read my story and answer me plz! I would love to help you!!! :)) This was my advice to a girl just like you and even worse... Read it and answer me please.. :))

Hiya.. I had the same situation as you a while ago... I know someone in Algeria and we are family friends,, And before i went there in the summer holidays 2 years ago, we talked on Skype and i think i fell in love with him. But i didn't know my true feelings. When i went Algeria then, i actually realized i was in fact in love with him. But i was scared in case he was a player or just wanted me for something, then he will dump etc.. I didn't speak or anything, but my sister and his sister realized that i loved him,. Well had a crush on him and my sister told me to be careful, in case he was just a player.. I of course was like i am careful, leave alone and all that stuff... But i was scared and couldn't say anything... When we would meet, we woul...

Hiya.. I had the same situation as you a while ago... I know someone in Algeria and we are family friends,, And before i went there in the summer holidays 2 years ago, we talked on Skype and i think i fell in love with him. But i didn't know my true feelings. When i went Algeria then, i actually realized i was in fact in love with him. But i was scared in case he was a player or just wanted me for something, then he will dump etc.. I didn't speak or anything, but my sister and his sister realized that i loved him,. Well had a crush on him and my sister told me to be careful, in case he was just a player.. I of course was like i am careful, leave alone and all that stuff... But i was scared and couldn't say anything... When we would meet, we wouldn't actually talk that much but would blush whenever we spoke to each other etc... I soon realized he had a crush on me too, from my sister and his sister's investigation,. But even that i was still scared and feared he was playing with my feelings., Cause he is piff, OK, he is lovable and who knows he might have a million girls before, in the end we are talking about Arabs... (I am one 2).. So yeah we were normal to each other, sometimes we had hand contact, or he might hold it,.. And once kiss it 2.... So yeah, i came back to London, and finished my life as normal,.. And now realizing that i truly loved him, but i don't know about him.... I really hoped that he loves me but i didn't have a clue... One day, after i came with back from the holiday with a few months, my mom was talking to him and his mom on Skype and i over heard that he had a GF or thats what i heard... I was shocked and totes broken... Thats it my life was over! From that day on, i hated him and aimed to forget his love, but he didn't stop talking to me on Skype and me truly i couldn't stop loving him.. I had all those possibilities,. that i mightn't heard wrong or something, but at the end i was totes convinced he had a GF.. So life went on and stuff and i just couldn't forget him, so my sister talked to his sister and asked if had a GF, seeing as his sister knows him more than anything.. And she said "NO" that he doesn't have a GF.... He likes a girl, but his sister doesn't know..... And then after the GF incident with like 4 months or more, he started writing to me in Skype and started saying things like "I miss you" and stuff like that, then last week while talking he said "I love you" and i was like............ I was really taken aback,. So i also told him i love him 2 which i do.. But i was still scared that he might be playing... The next day, i was talking to my mom was talking to my Auntie, and as she knows his mom really well, she said that i told him that i love him and he loves me and he told his mom and that he is really excited and stuff.. I didn't know he was serious... So that proved 2 me that he truly loves me and the GF that he was talking about turned out 2 be me.... :))))
    And we still talk even though he is in Algeria and me England,.. And he is really serious and his love is true and mine 2,... After 2 years he confesses his love to me and me 2... Him stating that he was scared that i might not love him back and vice versa.. :DDD

My advice 2 you as you read my story, is give him a chance, you don't know he might be your dream guy, that your waiting for... After 2 years of sincere love me and H, are together even though from different countries, he is in Algeria, Africa and me in London, Europe...
    Just give it a chance and hope for the best and i hope you succeed,,.. Please message me if you succeeded i would love to hear what happened.. Hugs. Amina. xoxoxox (My name). :P
  • samanth... Lib-Alg... 2013/06/11 19:13:46 (edited)
    samantha bland
    +4
    Yeah i read your story and youe advise but my parents are kind of i guess over protective. And i guess i'm scared to tell them ok maybe not scared i am not ready to tell them i will as soon as i get enough courage
  • Lib-Alg... samanth... 2013/06/11 20:26:50
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    +1
    So yeah..... Yup, my parents are like that 2... You should tell them as fast a possible, and you don't want them knowing from someone else or something eh? I didn't have the courage to tell my mom, but she guessed but in the end i told her through a convo, and she took it easy... Good luck hon!
  • samanth... Lib-Alg... 2013/06/11 20:48:17
    samantha bland
    +3
    Im not sure my mom will take it as good as yours did
  • Lib-Alg... samanth... 2013/06/11 22:09:03
    Lib-Algerian.xo
    Oh lord..! You should see my mom, i was scared to tell her truly..,,, Even though i am close to my mom... But after i told her mom was just like OK,, And my sister was taking the mick cause i like him, and i so casually said "Yes i do, what are you gonna do!" And surprisingly my mom was just like "Mariam (My sister's name), leave her alone if she likes him, leave her!" And it was so caj,! Just try telling her... Or if your closer to your father..? :)))
  • samanth... Lib-Alg... 2013/06/11 22:10:53
    samantha bland
    +2
    No im closer to my mom but gosh its still so scary andi have no courage

2014/08/28 12:51:35