I'm a Folksinger..NOT A ROCKER..But Even I think GREEN DAY got a Raw Deal

Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/09/23 22:37:56
ok an 'over-the-hill' Rock band got cut.boo hoo..time to make way , you dinosaurs
Billie Joe was RIGHT..Green Day was screwed !!!!!
OTHER
As the title says..I'm a folksinger, not a big fan of Rock..but I AM a big fan for a square deal. Frankly at the IheartRadio Festival..Green day's performance was cut 20 minutes leaving ONE MINUTE to do a last song this was to favor Rianna and make up for the fact that USHER went 25 minutes over time . The frontman of Green Day blew up, and frankly I don't blame him...i would have done the same....one minute is one quarter to half a song....One minute. Someone at Iheart screwed up and if Green Day has a manager on their toes they are talking to a lawyer even as we speak.

Some of you might be saying 'well they got paid didn't they?' Probably but to a performer that's nice BUT a performer LIVES to perform...and the IheartRadio GOT the performance they deserve.

I am not posting the video due to language...BUT I am posting the link below..you look and you tell me

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKaaXBUTRZw

• debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2012/09/24 13:56:13
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +2
    I was disgusted with Usher. And he's not even that good!
  • shadow76 2012/09/24 08:07:25
    shadow76
    +1
    That is outrageous! Glad he did blow up!
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/09/24 03:05:29
    ok an 'over-the-hill' Rock band got cut.boo hoo..time to make way , you dinos...
    ✞Knight of Honor
    Who cares about a third rate band that has lost significant popularity over time as people realize how bad of musicians they are?
  • Ballade... ✞Knight... 2012/09/24 03:22:23
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    because it's still a case of fair play...Usher went over tome...let the rest of the bands get 4 minutes shaved off...green Day took the whole brunt
  • ✞Knight... Ballade... 2012/09/24 15:27:24 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    They still got paid. If they don't like it, they don't have to return to that festival next time. Frankly, they were just lucky to get a spot.
  • beavith1 2012/09/24 02:20:12
    OTHER
    beavith1
    +1
    ever hear American Idiot? for me, seeing Green Day is a lot like going to a James Taylor concert.

you might like the music, but you hate the inevitable political screed(s).
  • KCurtis 2012/09/24 01:35:52
    KCurtis
    +1
    what is this... that is not the selection I made. SH is just a bit screwed up for me lately. I wonder why?
  • Ballade... KCurtis 2012/09/24 02:33:57
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    It's ok
  • V~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/24 01:29:40 (edited)
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I agree, Green Day got screwed. When this happens in business, the goal is to shine a bright light on the problem, acting as a professional but illuminating the stupidity as brightly as possible. Make sure the people who made the decision are left with egg on their face.

The tirade showed a lack of imagination; they should have been thinking about what to do when the Usher set was running over.

Some possibilities:

1. Fake audio malfunction. Kill 60 seconds pretending the microphone doesn't work.
    2. Dead air, later explained as "What did you expect us to play in 1 minute, anyway?"
    3. The truth. "We just got cut from the show. Hope we get better stage management next time. Our next concert is at [whatever venue], hope to see you there! Good night!"
    4. 60 seconds of apologies to the audience; sarcastically thanking the management for dropping their set to make room for Rianna and Usher.
    5. Play a song that fits the allotted time. (Happy Birthday or a TV show theme)
    6. Same as Usher, play their entire set for the live audience, completely ignoring the teleprompter. Let the producer figure out what to do about it.
  • Ballade... V~POTL~... 2012/09/24 02:34:56
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    something doesn't track about this whole thing
  • V~POTL~... Ballade... 2012/09/24 03:21:42
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    One possibility is that the other acts were told to run long. Maybe there was a legitimate reason to scratch Green Day. More than a few musicians have been known to show up for a gig, unfit to play. All it really takes is one band member to be loaded up on booze, pot, coke, or heroin. This happens in the music biz all the time.

If Green Day are mysteriously quiet over the next few weeks, there was probably a legitimate reason to scratch them. But if they keep complaining about how poorly they were treated, maybe the producer decided "on the fly" to disregard the schedule in favor Rianna and Usher -- possibly based on crowd response.
  • Ballade... V~POTL~... 2012/09/24 03:24:05
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    perhaps I still suspect some skullduggery...the frontman suddenly being treated and therefor not available for comment..., to me, is a suspicious coincidence
  • V~POTL~... Ballade... 2012/09/24 03:30:29
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    On that basis, maybe they got scratched for a legitimate reason.

Nobody wants a fiasco like this one:
  • Ballade... V~POTL~... 2012/09/24 03:34:30
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    so far the only reason given was that 'Rhianna needed the time' after doing Battleship; rhianna shouldn't be in the position to demand anything
  • V~POTL~... Ballade... 2012/09/24 03:40:34
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Sounds like a cover story to me. Rhianna is not one of those artists who has enough material to play all day. Same for Usher. I find it hard to believe that either of them could unilaterally override the management and keep on playing -- unless they were told to do exactly that.
  • Ballade... V~POTL~... 2012/09/24 03:47:12
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    PRECISELY see why my suspicious mind is saying 'something ain't kosher'
  • Red Branch 2012/09/24 01:16:54
    Red Branch
    +1
    nuff saaid
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/09/24 01:05:59
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    I would agree Balladeer.
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/09/24 00:40:39
    OTHER
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    And Billie Joe landed his arse in Rehab for that little temper tantrum. No wonder they chose to cut them short. Some professional.
    billie joe landed arse rehab temper tantrum chose cut professional
  • Ballade... bags th... 2012/09/24 00:43:26
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    I still can understand their anger.....to placate some eye candy like Rhianna?...and due to hacks like USHER??
  • bags th... Ballade... 2012/09/24 00:45:16
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    Hey, they're today's A-listers, and Billie Joe (when not gorked) knows it. NONE of them rip my trigger.
  • Ballade... bags th... 2012/09/24 02:36:04
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    and bugger any other group?....you should have voted differently
  • bags th... Ballade... 2012/09/24 11:47:53
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    HE, not his BAND, acted like a drug fueled freak. His partners acted like professionals. HE acted like....well...no need in repeating.
  • Ballade... bags th... 2012/09/24 17:18:06
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    he was angry justifiably so....oh and yeah the other guy smashed HIS guitar as well or didn't you notice?
  • bags th... Ballade... 2012/09/24 17:55:15
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    No I hadn't, to be honest. This isn't something new to them, or anyone else in performance. We've all had to deal with it at one time or another.
    http://www.examiner.com/artic...
    "We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas," the band said. iHeartRadio is a division of Clear Channel Broadcasting.

It wasn't clear how the development would affect Green Day's upcoming tour, which is set to kick off in earnest November 26 in Seattle, though the band did say it "regretfully must postpone our upcoming promotional appearances."
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/23...
    C'mon Balladeer, he's 40 years old........
  • Ballade... bags th... 2012/09/24 17:58:42
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    true BUT everyone has a breaking point....plan on a 45 minute set and then SUDDENLY after 30 minutes they see a 'ONE MINUTE' left...no warning...no nothing..ANYONE would get p*ssed in that situation..Rock, Country...and yeah...even a folk singer like myself
  • bags th... Ballade... 2012/09/24 18:02:28
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    LOL...Balladeer.....read the two articles I cited. And I sang folk, too. And Hubby is a sound engineer...I really do have some experience with this. BJ has substance abuse issues, and if this is what it takes for him to address them....so be it!
  • Ballade... bags th... 2012/09/24 19:05:43
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    and you don't think he or his band got screwed?
  • bags th... Ballade... 2012/09/24 19:08:58
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    Apparently, from what the articles and suchlike have said, they really weren't cut that short.....
  • Ballade... bags th... 2012/09/24 19:09:54
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    promised 45...allowed 30....yeah they got cut short
  • bags th... Ballade... 2012/09/24 19:19:44
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    Wish I had a nickle for every time I've seen it happen.........
  • Ballade... bags th... 2012/09/24 19:30:03
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    yeah it's been done to me several times....and there were many times i wanted to explode....i got blacklisted by the Michigan Festivals and Events Assoc... because at their convention...some damn black vocal group MONOPOLIZED...all the sound check time TWO FRACKIN hours...leaving NOTHING ZERO ZIP NADA for everyone else

when i did my show i said the following:

"folks thank you but if you have another set of applause PLEASE give them to this tech crew...we had some problems setting up and they are doing most of these acts on the fly and they are doing a fantastic job!'

after THAT my persona was definitely non grata after that
  • bags th... Ballade... 2012/09/24 19:43:13
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    Except with that sound crew....LOL!
  • Ballade... bags th... 2012/09/24 19:47:44
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    i guess
    +3
    I'm not a rocker, either. But show biz is show biz. And there are certain things you do not do.
  • Ballade... Temlako... 2012/09/24 00:33:32
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +3
    Usher should have been gigged for going 25 minutes overtime
  • templer003 2012/09/24 00:25:48
    templer003
    +1
    I am ever so glad that i do not have iheart radio...fuc'em if the people were to respond by dropping them that would shake up their bottom line now wouldn't it..
  • Ballade... templer003 2012/09/24 00:31:30
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    it should...still if Rhianna got shortchanged someone would scream 'racism' so Green Day had to be sacrificed on the Altar of Political Correctness
  • templer003 Ballade... 2012/09/24 01:31:37

2014/11/01 13:29:33