If your spouse confessed to a one-time affair, you would:

Let's Ask America 2012/09/19 19:00:00

• TasselLady 2012/09/19 21:47:22
    Forgive Him
    TasselLady
    +8
    But I would not remain with him. I've been cheated on before and could never go through that ever again.
    kick to the curb

• Venus Akers 2012/09/20 00:22:24
    Forgive Him
    Venus Akers
    +2
    It will probably take time rebuild that trust but never forget him.
  • edifyguy Venus A... 2012/09/20 03:24:02
    edifyguy
    +2
    YOU are a good woman indeed.
  • Venus A... edifyguy 2013/01/21 03:12:04
    Venus Akers
    +1
    Thanks
  • angel face 2012/09/20 00:20:54
    Forget Him
    angel face
    +1
    I don't condone cheating at all so it depends on the situation.
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/09/20 00:00:27
    Forget Him
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    +3
    Once a cheater always a cheater. The trust would be destroyed.
  • Anonymous Loner 2012/09/19 23:59:03
    Forget Him
    Anonymous Loner
    +4
    This is sexist. Are you saying only guys cheat? Where is the option for males?
  • Bob Anonymo... 2012/09/20 03:34:45
    Bob
    Agreed!
  • Anonymo... Bob 2012/09/20 03:39:15
    Anonymous Loner
    +1
    After browsing through comments in this section, it seems many other guys agree, as well as girls.
  • Unicorns vs Narwhals 2012/09/19 23:53:37
    Forgive Him
    Unicorns vs Narwhals
    Women can and do cheat l, I was in a relationship where the girl was cheating I. Her boyfriend (I thought they broke up). I decided after that that I would give everybody a second chance, but it wouldn't matter if they were cheating on me, if they cheated before that would be their second chance. Personally I would kill myself if I cheated on anyone.
  • Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~ 2012/09/19 23:40:45 (edited)
    Forget Him
    Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~
    +2
    First off, the answers here are sexist. Men are not the only ones who have affairs you know.
    Second, I couldn't stand being around a person who ever saw fit to stray. It's a violation of a contract between us, a breach of loyalty, I couldn't forgive such a grievous violation.

Though I would certainly be glad he was at the very least man enough to own up to it. So at least he can admit to it. You know as opposed to me catching him. So I might be willing to give him another chance based on that... but he'd be on such a short leash afterward that he might as well just divorce me because he isn't going to be getting within 2 feet of another woman unless totally necessary.

Really though if he wanted to get it out with other women he should just divorce me now, it would be much simpler than cheating. I'm not going to be a vindictive bitch if you divorce me for a good reason, but if you cheat on me then divorce me... well that's just stupid and I got screwed over so now I'm gonna have to screw you over. I don't want to have to do that, but I will. And when I do it it'll hurt you a lot more than it'll hurt me... and it might also involve that slut you got with getting hurt as well. I don't know, I'm unpredictable when I'm being vindictive and sadistic.

Either way though, if you have an a...

Either way though, if you have an affair on me you'll be paying for it dearly, even if I give you another chance. Punishment is necessary, but I would also need to understand why they felt like cheating on me. Because obviously the problem would be them, not me.
  • Aduro 2012/09/19 23:34:33
    Forget Him
    Aduro
    +2
    Forget him and make sure he saw me out on a date with either his best friend or his brother. :)
  • thє вluє wαndєrєr 2012/09/19 23:22:33
  • Steveth... thє вlu... 2012/09/20 03:21:43
    Stevethinks
    +1
    Relax my friend it's another poorly answered SH question. But I agree that even after 30-years of marriage the answer is still the same.
  • Scott (o)(o) 2012/09/19 23:16:05
    Forget Him
    Scott (o)(o)
    +2
    why are all the choices (him) my life experience has been every last single female I've ever cared about cheated on me !!!! women are sole-less heartless evil creatures
  • No One 2012/09/19 23:09:51
    Forgive Him
    No One
    Why are the answers gender specific when there are people who are married to women answering this poll. I don't really know for sure as I am not married and am currently single so I don't know how I would feel if I had a spouse. I think I would forgive her if she confessed as if she confessed that would show honesty. I might forget her though if she did not confess and I figured it out from other means such as seeing her with another guy or through others telling me about it.
  • Gooky 2012/09/19 23:06:31
    Forget Him
    Gooky
  • Sheree 2012/09/19 23:00:58
    Forgive Him
    Sheree
    If they confess out of guilt, I'd consider it. It all depends on the circumstances
  • chevyprincess 2012/09/19 22:52:11
    Forget Him
    chevyprincess
  • DianaXoGirl 2012/09/19 22:49:31
    Forgive Him
    DianaXoGirl
    At least he was honest with me.
  • kevracer 2012/09/19 22:36:42
    Forget Him
    kevracer
    +4
    I made that mistake once

there is no such thing as a a "onetime" affair
  • Finding... kevracer 2012/09/19 22:58:51
  • Diana 2012/09/19 22:34:05
    Forget Him
    Diana
    +2
    No,I would never be able to forgive him.
  • ♥Nicole A♥ 2012/09/19 22:25:12
    Forget Him
    ♥Nicole A♥
    +1
    I have been in relationships where I felt they did, lots of signs, but couldnt prove it so stayed. If they admitted to it I would have left, after I kicked his ass LOL
  • Elz 2012/09/19 22:05:26
    Forgive Him
    Elz
    +1
    i may forgive him one time but if it keeps happening then im letting him go.
  • Michelle 2012/09/19 22:05:07
    Forgive Him
    Michelle
    It would really depend on the circumstances; did I figure it out and prompt a confession, or did he do it on his own free will and honestly apologize for it?

If I didn't figure it out, that would mean he got away with it-- and if he got away with a one-time affair, he would have to chose between hiding it from me and confessing. The "once a cheater always a cheater"-type isn't going to come out an confess because it would hinder any future affairs. Confessing means that he has no plans to ever do something like that again and a sincere apology accompanying it means he's knows it was wrong.

Assuming he confessed to me, I would be able to forgive him and be able to try to salvage our relationship and, over time, build the trust back. It wouldn't be an instant process and would probably be very difficult emotionally, but if he had it in him to confess and apologize when it looked like he could hide it from me forever, it would be worth the effort.

If he confessed in face of my realization, or did not act like what he did was wrong, he'd be out the door. And I probably would never be able to forget in the scenario above, and if that man cheated again, he'd be gone faster than he could say, "Quidditch".
  • Amasaman 2012/09/19 22:04:34
    Forgive Him
    Amasaman
    +3
    Wait a minute....why the gender specific answer?

I did forgive my wife.
  • calvin236 Amasaman 2012/09/23 22:31:53
    calvin236
    It is because even though women cheat, men cheat and get caught more often.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/09/19 22:03:11
    Forgive Him
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    I've never been in that situation so I really don't know what I would do.
  • Jan 2012/09/19 22:02:16
    Forget Him
    Jan
    +2
    If he cheated however long ago and I found out I'd know our relationship has been a lie. We would have to go our seperate ways because I'd never be able to trust him again. Without trust we'd have nothing left to build on.
  • jc 2012/09/19 21:57:10
    Forget Him
    jc
    +2
    Once a cheater always a cheater.
  • TasselLady 2012/09/19 21:47:22
    Forgive Him
    TasselLady
    +8
    kick to the curb
  • Joe TasselLady 2012/09/19 22:11:36
    Joe
    +1
    Good for you!! jms
  • Bob TasselLady 2012/09/20 01:28:09 (edited)
    Bob
    +1
    Well deserved. My wife and I were married for 23 yrs, not once was I unfaithful. It's just not right etc etc.
  • TasselLady Bob 2012/09/20 20:32:55
    TasselLady
    +1
    I could never do that to someone I was married to. My ex-boyfriend years ago said it great. If you're going to be married, BE married, if you're going to screw around, don't marry or get divorced. Not that either of them are good, but in a marriage it's particularly bad.
  • Mark Mercer 2012/09/19 21:45:56
    Forget Him
    Mark Mercer
    To 'truly' be able to forgive, and not be hurtful to your self....Be Honest, You Deserve Better than that.
  • diana fuentes 2012/09/19 21:38:55
    Forget Him
    diana fuentes
    +2
    oh hell no i would kick him out of the house c;mom he did it once he will do it again!!!!
  • laydeelapis 2012/09/19 21:36:27
    Forgive Him
    laydeelapis
    +1
    The key word here for me is "one-time". Everyone makes mistakes. I can forgive him messing up. It would take a while to trust him again but if I loved him enough and I truly believed he wouldn't do it again, I'd forgive him.
  • Emily Barrington 2012/09/19 21:31:42
    Forget Him
    Emily Barrington
    +1
    Cuz once it happend, it will happen again, and again... Until you become a mess. Cheryl Cole and Kourtney Kardashian have proven that.
  • Elizabeth 2012/09/19 21:19:54
  • El Prez 2012/09/19 21:17:45
    Forgive Him
    El Prez
    +1
    Why just HIM? Why not her too? Women have affairs! Believe me, sometimes it is better to forgive and sometimes to forget.

2014/10/31 13:01:14