How much of a germ-phobe are you? What are your rituals, standards, rules or techniques to fight off germs?

MoonDance 2009/04/17 05:09:16
A.  I'm not one of those weirdo-s. I wash my hands when I return home and that's about it.
B. I'm somewhere in the middle.  I wash my hands frequently and do this often....
C. I'm completely koo-koo about germs. Here are my crazy rituals....
I am a self-proclaimed germ-phobe. We wash hands often in my house, I carry anti-bacterial wipes in my car and make everyone strip their clothes when we return home from the movie theater. I'm wondering what other germ-phobes do to protect their families.

• Amanda 2009/04/17 05:16:02
    B. I'm somewhere in the middle. I wash my hands frequently and do this often...
    Amanda
    +6
    i carry anti-bacterial soap in my purse =)

• MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/18 01:37:11
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    I was thinking hair up or down?! Hmm - decisions ,decisions...
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/18 02:03:32
    MoonDance
    Hmm...you look like a man who might like the hair down and tousled. Am I right? The hair up might be too pretentious.

Although for a future president....maybe....; )

hmm hair tousled hair pretentious future president

Although...this might work for both!
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/18 02:18:27
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    Well if I have a choice... how about
    choice
    xoxo
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/18 02:27:41
    MoonDance
    LOL!!! Ahhh...I see Mr. Dazzling is attracted to the hot, Italian women after all.

This woman is exquisite....isn't she? I'm straight and I get bothered looking at her.... ; )
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/18 02:41:20
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    LOL - I am biting my lip on grounds I would incriminate myself. She reminds me of Sofia in her younger days... hot!
    lol biting lip grounds incriminate reminds sofia younger days hot
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/18 02:57:34 (edited)
    MoonDance
    LOL... "Biting your lip"...love that!

Yes, Sofia...ahhh....Sofia....her younger pictures are just breathtaking.

But us Italian women...hmm...sometimes...you have to pay the price for us by having to put up with our "passionate" side.... ; ) sofia younger pictures breathtaking italian women hmm pay price passionate

It takes a very strong man.....
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/18 04:27:18 (edited)
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    Really, hope this clears up any doubt... here's my sign ; )
    hope clear doubt
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/18 05:20:04 (edited)
    MoonDance
    LOL...No way! That's MY sign too! Oh uh...trouble! Two Scorpios.....(What's your bday?)

Although...the last applicant who applied for the position was also a Scorpio...and I hate to say it...but he fell short. He just didn't have what it took to make the cut.

uh trouble scorpios bday applicant applied position scorpio hate cut

Many will apply... ; )
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/18 05:36:55
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    I am a man of my word...and last of a dying breed. ; )
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/18 05:43:14
    MoonDance
    +1
    Ohh...very enticing.....; )
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/18 15:56:35
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    And worth every moment... ; )
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/18 16:01:10
    MoonDance
    Yikes, Mr. D....you're putting thoughts in my head....
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/18 16:50:57
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    The spell is working.... look into my eyes.... = )
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/18 17:23:18
    MoonDance
    I would...if you took off your sunglasses....hee hee....
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/18 23:17:19
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    Hows this...
    hows
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/19 00:26:25
    MoonDance
    Ohhhh....that is very nnniiiccceee....Mr. D.

Biting my lip now.....; )
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/19 01:08:30
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    It the Irish in me... ; )
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/19 01:11:47
    MoonDance
    Very good.....

I don't have any Irish in my heritage but I love the color green. (LOL....silly, silly...where's my Saturday night cocktail already?!)

irish heritage love color green lol silly silly saturday cocktail
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/04/19 01:25:32
    MrDazzling~
    +1
    Your cocktail Madam, will be coming right up... in a moment...
    cocktail madam
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/04/19 02:29:47
    MoonDance
    OOHHH...Mr. D...how ever did you know that brunettes with muscles make me swoon?

Somebody catch me.....(fanning oneself passionately....)
  • Tsisquaya Differe... 2009/04/17 12:57:31
    Tsisquaya
    +3
    :-) You sound like me!!! That's awesome! I clean behind and under the fridge and stove weekly. And I've got this thing about cleaning my walls and baseboards a few times daily with clorox with bleach. lol
    I feel good knowing I am not alone because my friends and family think I'm completely out of it!
  • Differe... Tsisquaya 2009/04/17 13:49:04
    Different  ♥
    +3
    lol... my family thinks I am a little overboard, too. I put the stove burner bowls in the dishwasher at least once a week as well. It's easy and quick.
  • Tsisquaya Differe... 2009/04/17 14:21:35
    Tsisquaya
    +2
    lmao My whole family is like that so I don't really get labeled as the "clean freak". But my husband thinks I'm in need of therapy. lol
    I do the same, stack them in the dishwasher!!!
    When I take the oven door off, I put it in a huge plastic container with hot water and bleach. It works really well!!!! Gets off all the gunk and stuff in a few hours!
  • Differe... Tsisquaya 2009/04/17 14:25:29
    Different  ♥
    +2
    That does work well. The only problem I have had with removing the oven door was not being able to put it back together (I didn't pay close enough attention when taking it apart) and having to wait for my husband to do it.

I carry scrapers and razor scrapers in my cleaning bucket for tough spots in the oven.

One of my pet peeves is when it gets so cold that I can't go outside to clean the windows (or I just won't).
  • Tsisquaya Differe... 2009/04/17 14:33:46
    Tsisquaya
    +2
    Yeah, I made sure I paid close attention to when working with the oven door. lol

Oh man!!! I LOVE the little razor scrapers!!! That's like one of the best inventions ever! lol

When it comes to windows, I never clean the outside in cold weather either. lol Fingers freeze and fall off and for what? For some clean windows? I don't think so. ;-)

Another thing I have to do along with my baseboards and walls is the door frames. I'm so scared of dirt and dust and it's a pain in the butt right now because we got a house out in the country. Dirt and gravel roads...which means dusting on a daily basis. Yeah, I wasn't thinking of that when I decided to live in a rural area. I was just thinking of kids running through tall grass (Iike in Little House on the Prairie), flowers everywhere, birds chirping. lol The only things I've experienced so far is the cat bringing dead or live mice, wind drafting in the smell of cow manure, ticks, copperheads and the such. ROFLMAO
  • Differe... Tsisquaya 2009/04/17 14:42:52 (edited)
    Different  ♥
    +2
    I do above the door frames, too. I don't think many people realize how much dust and dirt accumulates up there even via the duct work in the home.

I lived in an area with dirt and gravel roads about 10 years ago in Central Florida and it made doing housework a nightmare.

I have cats and a dog and keep stocked up on lint rollers from Costco and also have the Bissell Little Green Machine just in case of a hairball or something... eww... lol. The dog doesn't get on the furniture. I bought him a couple of beds but try and keep cats off of furniture... you know what that's like.

So, other than the unexpected gifts from the cat and dust and dirt from the roads in addition to the insects and smell... how do you like your location? Have you lived there long?

The Little House on the Prairie... gotta love it... they didn't have the lighting we have so they couldn't see the dirt everywhere!!

I live in the suburbs and eh... I still think we get a lot of dust and stuff. We have a branch of water off of a nearby river in our backyard and sometimes that smells funny. I think it is when the water gets low.... yuk.
  • Tsisquaya Differe... 2009/04/17 14:49:40
    Tsisquaya
    +2
    LOL I have two dogs and one cat...the cat normally stays upstairs in his bed and the dogs aren't allowed to touch anything!!! They shed more than anything I've ever seen! lol And they are labs, so it's not like they have long hair. Bleh! Drives me insane!

Umm, I just bought the house in March so haven't been here long at all. Aside from the surprises, I LOVE it!!! My nearest neighbor is a few miles away so if someone does decide to visit, I know they must really like me to make a trip out here. lol The other thing I am trying to adjust to is that everything is sooo far away. :-) I drive almost an hour one way to work or to pick up groceries. So I try to make sure we have what we need because I'm not keen on making a drive like that for an extra notebook or milk. lol

Maybe it's the algae that is coming from your river? I don't know. I'm completely clueless when it comes to this stuff. lol I've grown up in cities my whole life.

I know the pond we have here...when it gets really warm, it smells funny. But no one else thinks that but me so maybe it's just my nose. lol
  • Differe... Tsisquaya 2009/04/17 14:58:55 (edited)
    Different  ♥
    +2
    I have an APBT and he has the shortest hair of any dog I have ever owned. He sheds like crazy, too. I have had many APBTs and he sheds the worst by far.

I guess it will take some getting used to living so far from everything but I bet you will come to really love it. I have never been that far out. It is definitely different than having everything right around the corner.

The smell... maybe people that obsessively clean have a keen sense of smell because everyone tells me that I smell things that aren't there.
  • Tsisquaya Differe... 2009/04/17 15:04:05
    Tsisquaya
    +2
    Isn't that strange? I honestly thought for some insane reason that short haired dogs shed less than long haired ones. LOL They all shed but I guess I wasn't thinking. Maybe it's because the short-haired dogs hair is so much more coarser than long haired so it's more noticeable? Hmm...things that need to be pondered later. lol

Yes, I will get use to it. There are more positives than negatives so I will just suck it up and carry on. lol

I think you are right about the smelling thing. I never thought of that! My whole house smells like bleach and maybe that does something to your nose because your always around it. Hmm...good thinking Different!!!! :-)
  • Differe... Tsisquaya 2009/04/17 15:14:05
    Different  ♥
    +2
    I used to think that dogs with short hair shed less, too. His hair is soft and smooth to the touch but when it comes out it feels totally different and is so difficult to get out of fabric.
  • Tsisquaya Differe... 2009/04/17 15:14:54
    Tsisquaya
    +2
    Vacuuming doesn't do any good either. lol Bring out the lint rollers and go crazy on 'em.
  • Differe... Tsisquaya 2009/04/17 15:16:17
    Different  ♥
    +1
    lol... yep, the only for sure picker upper. :D
  • MoonDance Tsisquaya 2009/04/17 15:48:31
    MoonDance
    I can attest to the short hair dog thing. My Jack Russell sheds all over the place! It makes me crazy. She is inside all day but never on the furniture or beds. (unless I accidentally leave her inside and leave then she rebels and does it.) I am always vacuming and swifting her hair.
  • MoonDance Tsisquaya 2009/04/17 15:45:02
    MoonDance
    +1
    That is so funny...I love Little House growing up! But your description gave me a new vision of it!
  • Differe... MoonDance 2009/04/17 15:47:23
    Different  ♥
    lol
  • MoonDance Tsisquaya 2009/04/17 15:43:39
    MoonDance
    +1
    Wow...I am learning lots from you guys!
  • MoonDance Differe... 2009/04/17 15:43:11
    MoonDance
    +1
    Another good tip...
  • Differe... MoonDance 2009/04/17 15:47:41
    Different  ♥
    which one? :)
  • homeschool mom-extremist 2009/04/17 05:19:47
    homeschool mom-extremist
    +4
    Honestly, with eight kids, you've got to be somewhat exposed to germs. They need to be able to fight them off. Look what happened to the Native Americans when the Europeans arrived.
  • MoonDance homesch... 2009/04/17 05:53:58
    MoonDance
    +2
    You are right about that. But those darn germs find their way in anyway, don't they?

2014/10/23 16:31:47