How do you discipline a 6 year old?

OmfgNoWay 2009/07/10 18:27:19
Im on the kid's side. your a bad babysitter thats why he hates you.
All you have to do is...
Ignore the brat and just get on with it.
do it for the money, they pay you good enough!!
Well, he is out of control!! I don't know what to do. I babysit for 10 dollars a night but they should pay me 60 dollars a night! He is the worst kid ever, and his parents never say anything against him. Sometimes i just feel like beating the straight sh!t out of him but i can't even touch him or he'll yell bloody murder. For example:
Im drinking a coke and he is sitting down watching t.v
"Hey giselle, what are you drinking?"
"soda, why you want some?"
"NOT ANYMORE!! HAHAHAHA!!"
and then he knocks the can on the floor and spills it all over the rug...
Oh and then once i was vacuuming and he went outside and brought mud in the palm of his hands and smeared it all over the rug! Oh my god! can someone help me? I tell his parents but they insist jacob is an angel. -_- and this is what they say!
"oh giselle, you over-react! Jacob just likes you!!"
"umm i think it's the opposite of that."
"Oh well i'm sorry but i have to go! heres for tonight" *hands me ten dollars*
And then jacob just stands their smiling...

• The Sane One 2009/07/10 18:31:51
    All you have to do is...
    The Sane One
    +5
    Bring in a videocamera and record his behavior-- then show it to his parents and explain why you won't babysit anymore.

• OmfgNoWay 2009/08/29 18:41:00
    All you have to do is...
    OmfgNoWay
    well thnx guys, im babysitting this new kid, andy i get paid 30 bucks at night so im rlly happy :]
  • Will 2009/07/10 20:30:21
    All you have to do is...
    Will
  • panda in bandanna 2009/07/10 19:26:02
    panda in bandanna
    lock the kid in the bathroom...:)...i had babysat before and 10 dollars a night is NOT a good pay... ignore brat lock kid bathroom babysat 10 dollars pay
  • mxmamma774 2009/07/10 18:51:27 (edited)
    All you have to do is...
    mxmamma774
    Tell them that you have been very tolerant of his behavior and he refuses to behave and if they cannot aknowlege that he isn't behaving correctly when watched, they will have to find someone else. Being a mom of 5 , I know that not just others but my kids aren't exactly angels. The parents don't want to deal so they have pawned him on you. if you decide to give it one last shot, if he acts out, make him stand up against the wall with his hands above his head, leaning foward and legs slightly spread and make him stay thre for 5 minutes and see how he likes it. Let him tell and if they say something say he needed a time out,or disciplin! Little kids feed on fear ( not of him but what his parents might say) and intimidation. show him you aren't gona take it and his tune will change a little bit.
  • kelly 2009/07/10 18:48:30
    kelly
    why were you vacuuming... it's not your house... no need. and if it REALLY bothers you that he is like that you can by all means quit.
  • OmfgNoWay kelly 2009/07/11 18:32:08
    OmfgNoWay
    They are my neighbors and they are really good friends of the family. Ive known them since i was like 9 years old....And i really liked Mary, until she popped that abomination out of her vageygey....
  • kelly OmfgNoWay 2009/07/23 19:31:34
    kelly
    ha ha... hmmm then i d k mayun.
  • namealwaystaken 2009/07/10 18:40:52
    All you have to do is...
    namealwaystaken
    +1
    FIRST of all how many hours a night do you spend babysitting this kid? Ten dollars seems like a total rip off.

SECOND you need to figure out a way to get some sense into the parents. If that means not cleaning up the kid's messes so the parents have to deal with it directly, they are more likely to fix the situation.

THIRD you have to fight back with the kid in a language he'll understand. Don't react to something when he does it (he's most likely doing it purely to get you to react to him). Keep him busy, find something for him to do preferably outside or some place where he is least likely to ruin things.
  • OmfgNoWay namealw... 2009/07/10 18:50:53
    OmfgNoWay
    I actually do it for like 3-4 hours, depending on where his parents go do. They are my next door neighbors, that kid has recked all of my mom's garden. She worked really hard on it too, man i hate this kid,
  • namealw... OmfgNoWay 2009/07/10 19:02:12
    namealwaystaken
    You are actually only making $2.50 - $3.33 per hour, which is extremely underpaid. You should absolutely ask for more money (there's no way they're going to be able to find anyone else to work for 3-4 hours and only pay them ten dollars). It's kind of insane, you may not be old enough to work so you arent used to regular/standard pay, but these adults are and I'm sure they know how much they should be paying a person. It is quite obvious they are taking advantage of you (probably because you're their neighbor and know them personally).
  • OmfgNoWay namealw... 2009/07/11 18:34:59
    OmfgNoWay
    I'm just not that kind of a person... lol i hate asking people for stuff. it makes me looks greedy. Ive known thesse guys since i was nine and they are technacly my aunt and uncle, so you can kinda see why im not greeedy with them.
  • The Sane One 2009/07/10 18:31:51
    All you have to do is...
    The Sane One
    +5
  • Will The San... 2009/07/10 20:31:12
    Will
    +1
    A more stable response than mine, but I still like mine as a backup.
  • dc100 2009/07/10 18:29:17
    dc100
    Throw a wet cat on him.

2014/09/21 04:08:00