Heisman Trophy 2011: who will win it?

Daryl 2011/11/27 13:01:32

SLIDESHOW: Heisman Trophy 2011: Who will win it?

Matt Barkley:  USC
1 of 5

Matt Barkley: USC

1. Matt Barkley:  USC

Matt Barkley: USC

2. Case Keenum:  Houston

Case Keenum: Houston

3. Robert Griffin III:  Baylor

Robert Griffin III: Baylor

4. Andrew Luck:  Stanford

Andrew Luck: Stanford

5. Trent Richardson:  Alabama

Trent Richardson: Alabama

Heisman Trophy 2011: who will win it?
Matt Barkley:  USC
Case Keenum:  Houston
Robert Griffin III:  Baylor
Andrew Luck:  Stanford
Trent Richardson:  Alabama
The Heisman Memorial Trophy is the NCAA College Football individual holy grail.

The Heisman is awarded annual to 'the most outstanding player in collegiate football.'

Heisman competition is keen this year.

ESPN 'Heisman Watch' ranks the candidates here.

Heisman Trophy 2011: who will win it?

Read More: http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman11/

• SK-pro impeachment 2011/11/27 16:55:52
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    SK-pro impeachment
    +3
    His performance against Auburn yesterday probably sealed the deal for him. many cases could be made for a few others like Luck, Keenum, and Griffin but i think it's a done deal.

• LeAnn 2011/12/10 18:57:54
    Robert Griffin III: Baylor
    LeAnn
    +1
    I'd feel like a traitor to my town if I didn't go for the player from Baylor! That's been my dream school since I was a child...just can't afford it! ha. Pass by the college all the time though. As for the player, he helped Baylor get the best record for them since I think 1986. Hope he wins it!
  • redneck 2011/11/30 02:54:10
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    redneck
    +1
    Trent has proven himself ,tough runner played tough teams and has earned it .
  • BAMACRUSADER 2011/11/30 01:46:19
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    BAMACRUSADER
    +1
    Trent is freaking superman.
  • texasred 2011/11/28 22:40:40
    Andrew Luck: Stanford
    texasred
  • stephen zapoticky 2011/11/28 21:36:10
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    stephen zapoticky
    +2
    Best running back hands down. He's fast, strong,can catch, and an open field nightmare. Luck is garbage and can't even be compared to Peyton manning, keenum plays against highschool teams, and RG doesn't play anyone either.
  • freakoutnow... cuz mom's here 2011/11/28 10:38:27
    freakoutnow... cuz mom's here
    +1
    Barkley is unfortunately in the NCAA's Heismen blender because he's playing for a team that is being scrutized and penalized for breaking rules in the past. So he's out of the running. Keenum is playing for a high wire act that isn't taken seriously by the experts a la' the Boise State Syndrome so he's out. Griffin is overshadowed by better knowns so he's only in the race as a dark horse canidate that has little chance of actually winning. Richardson is hurt by being on a good team. Luck is the winner of the Heismen if you only go on those listed here. Let's face it, the talking heads aka ''experts'' love Luck.
    +1
    undecided.
  • Irish little 2011/11/28 04:20:49
    Irish little
    +1
    My vote goes to :: Monty Bell , Wisconsin.
  • Mrs. V 2011/11/28 02:26:18
    Robert Griffin III: Baylor
    Mrs. V
    +2
    It certainly won't be Landry Jones.
  • carlton999 2011/11/28 02:14:26
    carlton999
    +1
    I dont know but if I were a QB with a chance to win the Heisman and planning a career in the NFL I'd tell them not to pick me. That thing is a curse on NFL QB's.
    +1
    Haven't kept up.
  • Bob S 2011/11/27 22:45:06
    Andrew Luck: Stanford
    Bob S
    +2
    Simply one of the top players this year.
  • wildcat 2011/11/27 21:38:57
    Andrew Luck: Stanford
    wildcat
  • Astro-Boy PHAET 2011/11/27 21:00:19
    Matt Barkley: USC
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +2
    He should.
  • RS 2011/11/27 18:55:37
    Andrew Luck: Stanford
    RS
  • Tommy Trend 2011/11/27 18:11:42
    Matt Barkley: USC
    Tommy Trend
    +2
    39 TD passses
  • gary ® 2011/11/27 18:10:23
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    gary ®
    +2
    He is a consistent runner, but comes up big in the big games, accounting for most of the offense in total yards and scoring when it counts. Don't know how well he'll do in the NFL draft. Good receiver out of the backfield.
  • oldcavpilot 2011/11/27 17:14:47
    Andrew Luck: Stanford
    oldcavpilot
    +2
    I don't think he'll do well in the NFL though.
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    SK-pro impeachment
    +3
  • Liberta... SK-pro ... 2011/11/28 05:54:09
    Libertarian
    +2
    I think if Houston finishes the season with a perfect record, Keenum should win. Richardson is just another running back. If u seen one seen them all. There are no Earl Campbells any more. At least a quarterback, has to have presence of mind to make quick decisions. If ur quarterback sucks so does ur team.
  • stephen... Liberta... 2011/11/28 21:23:40 (edited)
    stephen zapoticky
    +2
    The best team Houston played was ranked 57th. Alabama and LSU are the best teams in the nation. They play the best competition and have the best athletes. Trent Richardson is the best running back by far in the past 4 years of college football. He has more yards after contact than any running back. He is the closest comparison to Earl Campbell you'll ever see.
  • stephen... Liberta... 2011/11/28 21:29:36
    stephen zapoticky
    +4
    Also, this is a bold statement, but Trent Richardson is more of an impact player than luck. Aj mcaaron is terrible and if it weren't for Richardson Alabama would be a .500 team with the schedule they play. That's what the heisman comes down too best stats against the best competition. And Keemun and RG don't play teams like Alabama and lsu and Arkansas and Georgia and auburn and Florida.
  • Liberta... stephen... 2011/11/29 01:12:55
    Libertarian
    +1
    This is the smae thing they said about Boise St when they took it to Oklahoma. Who knows what might happen if they some kind of play off system. Instead of having some elite know it all decide who is the best team. Just look at the big east conference. just cause they are a BCS conference they get a bowl bid. Hell, Boise st. would beat any team the big east has.
  • stephen... Liberta... 2011/11/29 04:36:36
    stephen zapoticky
    +2
    I agree, the polls are unfair and there needs to be a playoff system
  • Callaway 2011/11/27 16:47:38 (edited)
    Andrew Luck: Stanford
    Callaway
    +2
    Is the question who will win it or who should win it? The way the media has hyped Luck all year long I don't know why they didn't just give him the damn thing in August and save the plane fare and hoopla to NYC. The kid from Houston Keenun had just an unreal year but because of conference biased they would like you to believe he played for some junior college in the sticks that also could be said about RG3 from Baylor a high quality kid who did nothing except carry his team all year and create a human high light reel. Barkley had equally as good a year as Luck but because it was SC's year in the barrel he is paying that price playing with fewer blue chippers, no bowl game and national media scorn. Richardson had the "poor" luck of playing for a great team and for these beauty pageant style voters that cost him in some weird kind of way which still makes no sense being penalized for playing great. So let's just give Luck the trophy aka the pro football albatross it seems to mean little at the next level anyway kind of college football equivalent of Miss America and let all the wise media "sages" pat themselves on the backs have their day in the sun and move on.
  • RobertRowe 2011/11/27 16:43:52
    RobertRowe
    +2
    if i were on the list and won i wouldn't accept the award since it's cursed. the majority end up bench warmers at best or worse a towel boy for the nba's knicks.
  • Bob S RobertRowe 2011/11/27 23:04:13
    Bob S
    +1
    You have nothing to worry about..your on the wrong list.
  • Libertarian 2011/11/27 15:44:53
    Case Keenum: Houston
    Libertarian
    +2
    Case Keenum and Kellen Moore have both been consistent through their college days as quarter back. One of these guys should get the votes cause it's high time we stop with the BCS bull and have some play offs. Why do u think most of these teams refuse to play Boise St. they are afraid of loosing to a team that plays in a weaker conference. As far as Trent Richardson he is really just another running back, so what. Most of them running backs don't do much in pro ball and become a disappointment, anyway.
  • stephen... Liberta... 2011/11/28 22:25:12
    stephen zapoticky
    +3
    It's quarterbacks that become the disappointment. I came name 10 running backs drafted in the past 3 years that are better than most veterans: demarco Murry, Blount, Ingram, Mathews, spiller, Tate, Moreno, Greene, McCoy, and chris wells.
  • Liberta... stephen... 2011/11/29 01:16:16
    Libertarian
    +1
    I noticed that u left out Bush. lol I thought we were talking about Heisman winners here. I didn't mean all running backs i was referring to Heisman winners. If they are good enough to win the heisman award then they should dominate the NFL. just like Earl ( the franchise) Campbell
  • stephen... Liberta... 2011/11/29 04:38:01
    stephen zapoticky
    +5
    I'm telling you Trent Richardson will surprise you. He reminds me of Steven Jackson. He is a specimen.
  • Doug King 2011/11/27 15:09:42
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    Doug King
    +2
    Tougher schedule I think.
  • Jeb Roberts 1 %'er - POTL -... 2011/11/27 14:45:42
  • Bob DiN 2011/11/27 14:06:42
    Andrew Luck: Stanford
    Bob DiN
    +2
    Andrew Luck and the Colt's will pick him in the draft.
  • Rod 2011/11/27 14:05:06
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    Rod
    +2
    Not impossible just very difficult for a white guy to win it. No question that Richardson's an excellent player. He does have an advantage though. Look at the players that he has around him. I'm a fat old white guy and I could gain yards through some of the holes that are created for him. How would he do if played for a team like New Mexico? He wouldn't even be considered.
  • EWH53~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2011/11/27 13:59:44
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    EWH53~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Richardson has played against the stonger teams and proven he's a player based on his stats!
  • Mad irishman 2011/11/27 13:49:10
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    Mad irishman
    +2
    Alabama and Trent Richardson deserve another shot at LSU, the top three temas are from the SEC.....Bama lost in over time by 3, all the rest lost to LSU in regulation and by more than three points.
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2011/11/27 13:49:05
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    +3
    He has the best stats.
  • clasact 2011/11/27 13:40:33
    Trent Richardson: Alabama
    clasact
    +3
    Richardson would get my vote
  • Trent Richardson: Alabama
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +3
    And he deserves it with the competetion he faces!

2014/07/29 23:09:27