Heavy metal, rocks or sucks??

Johnny 2012/09/13 01:47:28
METAL FOR LIFE
Related Topics: Music
Rocks
Sucks
Hi, there its me again, lol. Well, you know, I think this is the best place around where I should talk about this..anyways, I used to listen to some heavy metal bands when I was like fourten-sixteen, like System of a Down, Slipkntot, Deftones, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer, Disturbed..but as I started listening to heavier bands like As I lay Dying, The Black Dahlia Murder, Lamb of God, Carnifex, Motionless in White, Suicide Silence, Canibal Corpse, Devourment; I started to dislike the music..so what do u metalheads think about heavy metal??

• *♥jazwiet* 2012/12/01 18:25:34
    Rocks
    *♥jazwiet*
    +3
    asking metalheads if metal rocks? no-brainer: it's all in the name! :P

but yes, i can sorta understand what you mean, as there are some pretty annoying things under the 'metal' umbrella, too

• Naveese 2014/06/27 14:39:33
    Rocks
    Naveese
    How could anyone say heavy metal sucks?
  • ken 2013/08/04 18:19:00
    Rocks
    ken
    i like it to a certain point it needs to have structure not just alot of fast rifs
  • *♥jazwiet* 2012/12/01 18:25:34
    Rocks
    *♥jazwiet*
    +3

• BlackwinterG36C 2012/11/26 17:32:11
    Rocks
    BlackwinterG36C
    DUH!!! From Black Sabbath to Linkin Park!!! Heaby Metal RULES BITCHES!!!!
  • AK 2012/09/14 03:49:31
    Rocks
    AK
    +2
    There should be a both answer, cause it does rock, but a lot of it also sucks heh
  • Loop 2012/09/13 20:29:56
    Rocks
    Loop
    +1
    Slipknot's actually pretty damn heavy. But I can understand where you're coming from: that stuff is deathcore and metalcore, which clearly isn't to your taste. That's fair enough.
    But the metalcore you've been listening to isn't the best. Try hatebreed, killswitch engage and bring me the horizon for that..
  • Johnny Loop 2012/09/16 15:55:12
    Johnny
    I like bring me the Horizon..and Asking Alexandria I supose (gonna try with Hatebreed and killswitch), but Im more of a darker metal fan, you know, like Carnifex, Suicide Silence and Motionless in White, and..and if you like Slipknot, then you should try Cannibal Corpse, I think they are alike..
  • Loop Johnny 2012/09/16 19:14:41
    Loop
    +1
    Asking Alexandria! Thought I missed one out! :L but..you said you disliked those bands above. I'm confused :/ but I have tried cannibal corpse, and it's too repetitive. Whitechapel forever when it comes to death metal

• KeithL 2012/09/13 15:17:46
  • Red_Horse 2012/09/13 03:24:36
  • Howard 2012/09/13 02:59:36
    Rocks
    Howard
    +1
    Generally, the 80's stuff rocks. Megadeth and Iron Maiden are two of the few that have endured the 90's and 2000's with their edge, power and sound intact. Perhaps no band epitomizes the heavy metal sound better than Armored Saint. Dream Theater is another standout -- but they're not metal in the strictest sense. Modern metal bands don't pay homage to classical pieces -- as Maiden and Yngwie Malmsteen do -- nor do they produce uplifting offerings, like Gamma Ray and Helloween -- the vast majority is ultra-negative, dark, dreary drudgemops of despair. Many of the metal 'vocalists' don't even sing ... they just spew forth a bunch of growling, demon-scream unintelligible garbedlygook. Thanks but no thanks.
  • ✞Knight... Howard 2012/09/16 17:23:33
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "Modern metal bands don't pay homage to classical pieces -- as Maiden and Yngwie Malmsteen do -- nor do they produce uplifting offerings, like Gamma Ray and Helloween -- the vast majority is ultra-negative, dark, dreary drudgemops of despair. Many of the metal 'vocalists' don't even sing ... they just spew forth a bunch of growling, demon-scream unintelligible garbedlygook. Thanks but no thanks."
    That is an amazing analysis. It encompasses the great difference between Heavy Metal and modern Metal.
  • Rust 2012/09/13 02:58:55
  • Sean McDonald 2012/09/13 02:33:22
    Rocks
    Sean McDonald
    +2
    I love Heavy Metal some of favorite bands are Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead,Black Sabbath,Testament and Exodus
    dio sign
  • Farnsworth 2012/09/13 02:23:26
    Rocks
    Farnsworth
    +1
    up until they bark into the mic or the "death" metal BS, thats my line.
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/09/13 02:21:25
    Rocks
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +3
    Of your bands, my favorites are Iron Maiden and Megadeth. Both of those are great.
    Iron Maiden 1984
    Megadeth 2011

2014/08/29 20:54:37