Have you ever gotten in an argument over a parking space?

L.A. Times 2013/06/17 18:16:28
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" actor and comedian Jeff Garlin was arrested over the weekend in the alleged smashing of another motorist’s windows during a fight over a parking space, LAPD officials said.

weekend alleged smashing motorists windows fight parking space lapd officials

The 51-year-old actor was booked on suspicion of felony vandalism Saturday afternoon after the parking-space spat allegedly turned violent in Studio City. Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department records show Garlin is out on $20,000 bail. He has an initial court appearance scheduled for July 11.

Garlin plays the manager of "Seinfeld" co-creator Larry David on the successful HBO show. He also appeared in several episodes of “Arrested Development.”

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-arrest...

• Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2013/06/17 23:55:17
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +15
    We had odd/even parking for snow removal. So after an evening's blizzard, I got off of third shift and looked forward to digging out a space to park in front of my house. After clearing a spot I went to park my car and some guy that works a block over, parked his pick up in the spot I'd just cleared out. I yelled at him and he just laughed about it and left.

Meanwhile, I hooked up a garden hose to the water heater in my basement and proceeded to spray his truck down. Cold as it was, a thick coating of ice had developed rather quickly.

Meanwhile my neighbor lady was going to work, so I took a break and dug her car out, and to park my car in her space when she left.

I went back to the Mister Misty pick-up and finished laying on the ice. I made it so the doors, hood, windows, topper and tailgate, couldn't be opened. The grill on this new '76 Ford was completely solid. Then I sprayed the heck out of the tires and wheels and welded it to the street with ice. The truck was a lot lower to the ground when I finished, there was at least an inch of ice covering the beast.

I put my water hose away and went inside to shower and go to bed.

I didn't wake until it was dark again. The guy's truck was gone, and I was a little bummed about not getting to see the mope's react...

I didn't wake until it was dark again. The guy's truck was gone, and I was a little bummed about not getting to see the mope's reaction. Next day when I got home there was a big vacant, ice coated spot in front of my house, and no sight of the Ford. My neighbor across the street, was this elderly gent, he hollered at me and invited me in for a coffee. He said he'd watched me dig out the parking space and saw how the guy stole my spot. He thought I'd at least bash his truck with my shovel, but really enjoyed the ice escapade instead. He watched the whole ordeal from his breakfast table with his wife.

Later, the truck owner became really upset after hoping to go home for lunch, yet found his truck icebound. He called the cops and tried to get me arrested, but the old gent told the cops how he'd witnessed the whole ordeal, and by the time they were done making a report they were laughing pretty hard. They weren't about to charge me for washing his truck. The tow driver couldn't break the truck loose without thawing the tires first. I bet that wasn't a cheap tow.

I never saw that driver again.

• MisterOriginal 2013/07/13 08:20:31
    MisterOriginal
    Walking is healthy.
  • Claybern 2013/06/20 22:55:13 (edited)
    Claybern
    Life is way to short to argue over a parking space.
  • pamela 2013/06/20 19:59:01
    pamela
    And never will. In fact I won't even try to compete with anyone over a parking place. I will let them have it and drive on. No need in getting in over my head, when you just don't know if the person is crazy enough to come at you.
  • Thor American EXPAT n New G... 2013/06/20 05:11:20
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +2
    All the more reason to drive one of these

half track
  • pigs fly 2013/06/19 23:30:50
    pigs fly
    can't he just walk for heavens sake
  • mzemma 2013/06/19 16:11:56
    mzemma
    +1
    No, do not argue over a parking space.... just drive off and find another... it is much safer... when risking running into a nut job.... so suck it up.. and forget ... even though you think it was unfair.. at least you're still alive and not making the evening news.
  • Ace 2013/06/19 12:01:05
    Ace
    +1
    It's not something I'd ever do. It's trivial.
  • foxy 2013/06/19 10:47:12
    foxy
    +1
    My ex supposed to be disabled drove into a space inches in front of another person. A big row ensued, the supermarket threatened to call the police. Finally it all calmed down, it was scary for me though.
  • Catnip "Guru" ∞ 2013/06/19 08:14:42
    Catnip "Guru" ∞
    +2
    Roosevelt Field Mall parking lot. Some trouser stain in a mini van attempts to jack my space I already half way in. He clips the side of my truck. And he had the balls to jump out of his car and start screaming at me. Telling me I had to pay for his damaged headlight. I told precisely what he should go do with himself. That's when he becomes extremely truculant, challanging me to a fist fight and all that. I'm 6'1" and stocky. He's 4'11" and scrawny. I just laugh right in his face. It wasn't until mall security arrive to prevent a potential physical altercation. They summoned the Nassau County PD. They took a report. And video survellance proved that he was in the wrong.
  • Adam 2013/06/19 07:14:49
    Adam
    +2
    I honestly don't care where I park. If you want a spot that bad then go for it. Im not fighting over 70 square feet of asphalt.
  • wendy420 2013/06/19 06:23:57
    wendy420
    +1
    Not worth my time and effort.
  • nicesteve 2013/06/19 03:57:33
    nicesteve
    +3
    At an apartment where I lived at one time, we had assigned spaces, and I
    would get pretty irate when somebody else parked in my space without at
    least clearing it with me ahead of time.
  • Richard 2013/06/19 03:55:21
    Richard
    +1
    I just move on and be the bigger man.
  • dlsofsetx 2013/06/19 03:42:07
    dlsofsetx
    +1
    It happened when I was going to college.
  • Cat 2013/06/19 02:37:15
    Cat
    +1
    not worth arguing over
  • Cookie Monster 2013/06/19 02:31:39
    Cookie Monster
    +1
    I'm not Madea.
  • Marcus Clark 2013/06/19 01:16:16
    Marcus Clark
    +1
    There have been people who wanted to argue about it. I wouldn't give them the time.
  • Shawn 2013/06/19 01:01:18 (edited)
    Shawn
    +1
    Yes a parking spot for my bike when I was 12, I felt it was mine. I'm 20 now but still can't drive.
  • rr lyrae 2013/06/19 00:34:29
    rr lyrae
    +1
    All the time, Pal
  • yume' 2013/06/19 00:27:38
    yume'
    +1
    Someone has to be the adult besides I like to walk,maybe their legs will fall off.
  • Divided States of America 2013/06/19 00:26:11
    Divided States of America
    +1
    I live in a small city though, not many issues to have over parking.
    +1
    Not me but my dad has, it was back in 2004 and this really obnoxious family stole our parking space at Old Town San Diego.
  • teigan 2013/06/18 21:43:47
    teigan
    +5
    Not really an argument. I was meeting a friend for a drink after work, we had had a great deal of snow, so parking was limited because of all the snow that had been banked up by the plows. Anyway I drove around for a half hour waiting for someone to leave. Finally an older couple approached their car to leave, they were a bit slow but I waited patiently with my blinker on. Just as they were backing up two guys in a truck came around the corner, they saw my blinker but instead of driving on they slithered into the spot that I had been waiting for. Not only did they steal my spot but they were laughing their asses off about it. So I drove around for another 10 minutes and finally got another spot. Instead of going right in to meet my friend I went to their truck unscrewed the caps on two of their tires and used my pen to let all of the air out of both. My only regret is that I wasn't able to see their faces when they realized the error of their ways.
  • pamela teigan 2013/06/20 20:04:16
    pamela
    +1
    At least letting the air isn't as bad as someone keying the side of their vehicle, might do. It would have been funny to see the faces on these 2 dudes, when they were ready to leave.
  • teigan pamela 2013/06/20 20:50:29
    teigan
    +1
    Yeah I didn't want to do anything to damage the car. Just wanted to make their lives miserable for a while. LOL Dealing with one flat in the cold is bad enough, but two.
  • John Walker II 2013/06/18 20:32:14
    John Walker II
    +1
    Though it was one of the /strangest/ arguements ever... we were arguing for the other guy to take the spot. I don't remember all the details now, but it was just weird.
  • William 2013/06/18 20:16:48
  • teigan William 2013/06/18 21:35:21
  • KW William 2013/06/18 22:11:39
    KW
    +2
    Thanks for the laugh! I miss that show, that scene is a classic!!!
  • William KW 2013/06/18 23:32:59
  • pamela KW 2013/06/20 20:11:20
    pamela
    I knew it was staged, but from what show was this on.? I don't watch a lot of TV.
  • KW pamela 2013/06/20 20:15:13
    KW
    +1
    Malcolm in The Middle. Very funny. No longer on, but you can catch reruns.
  • pamela William 2013/06/20 20:10:12
    pamela
    +1
    And to think one of these car had the bumper sticker " War is not the answer". Pretty lame, all because one person parked too close to the other. I am the type of person who would crawl into my car on the passenger side, if the car on the driver's side was too close.
  • William pamela 2013/06/21 00:18:02 (edited)
    William
    +1
    Yeah-ha! Like the army billboard in Dr. Strangelove, "Peace is our profession."

peace is our profession
  • blumunofky 2013/06/18 19:51:30
    blumunofky
    +2
    I never started anything but once a woman screamed at me because I tried to keep her out of control kiddies from smashing their door into my car and making a ding; another time I parked in a spot some young man had been eying and I had to go hide in a store the shopping center because he started cursing at me and stalking me. Over PARKING spaces. Civilization's swirling down the drain.
  • skowcog 2013/06/18 19:46:09
    skowcog
    +4
    No, but I always think of Kathy Bates in green friend tomatoes when it happens! Great scene.... speaks volumes.
  • pamela skowcog 2013/06/20 20:14:23
    pamela
    +1
    LMAO. good one.
  • skowcog pamela 2013/06/20 21:48:24
    skowcog
    +1
    No kidding! When someone does something like that to me I immediately fantasize doing a similar thing. She is fabulous in this scene.
  • pamela skowcog 2013/06/20 22:10:44
    pamela
    +1
    I love Kathy Baker as an actress. she is good in anything. I'm definitely going to have to check this movie out. I have never seen it.
  • skowcog pamela 2013/06/20 23:05:45
    skowcog
    +1
    Excellent movie! She is great in it but so are the rest of the actresses. It is a good movie and I agree about Kathy Bates. HOw bout her in Misery? She was demented scary.

2014/12/20 11:27:48