Greenday is Going Broadway: Is Greenday the ultimate punk sell out?

SodaHead Music 2009/04/02 20:47:54
Yes. Greenday are the ultimate punk sellouts.
No. Greenday are not sellouts.
Green Day and the director of Broadway’s Spring Awakening are set to make a debut musical on 2004 punk "American Idiot" this Fall. The American Idiot musical will premiere September 4th at California’s Berkeley Repertory Theatre and run through October 11th. I can’t imagine too many Green Day fans, buying Broadway theater tickets.

• flx 2009/07/18 17:57:09
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    flx
    +3
    green day never was and never will be sellout

• ilovillevalo 2009/07/18 19:35:05
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    ilovillevalo
    I just went to a Green Day Concert the other day! I LOVE GREEN DAY!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the Broadway show!And No! Their not sellouts! Their Amazing! Deal with it!
  • flx 2009/07/18 17:57:09
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    flx
    +3
  • xXxNinjaSpaceRaiderxXx 2009/07/12 03:59:40
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    xXxNinjaSpaceRaiderxXx
    no way green day kicks ass they r in their late fourtys and still r awesome
  • ::Mish:: 2009/07/12 03:32:11
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    ::Mish::
    Green Day is awesome nd theyr r gods nd legends!!!! They r NOT sell-outs nd i think it will b awesome!
  • Andrea 2009/06/28 13:41:51 (edited)
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    Andrea
    P.S I THOUGHT THAT THE MEANING "SELL-OUT" meant that they were, like out-dated. But yea, i think that their concert will rock and definatly sell out. Im saying this 8 minutes after I posted this message, but im not deleteing it. WHOEVER THINKS GD ARE OUT-DATED LOSER BECAUSE OF THIER NEW ALBUM, NOT BEING VERY PUNK AND HAVING A OPERA....PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE. I want to get the point across (especially to you 21-century-breakdown haters!!! =P) But wait, no im confused, what is this question??

Are Green day sellouts, outdated losers, and the most dissapointing thing to Punk-Rock?

Or...

Is the concert going to be sold out?

PLZ ANSWER!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

Its a rock-opera. They are the first punk band to preform a OPERA. and its a cool opera, not one of those spanish soap operas you see in early afternoon!!

Micheal Jackson wasnt a sellout when Thriller came out- and did you see the Thriller music video? It told a story, same with Beat It. I think he made the fact of singing stories famous to MTV.

And Bon Jovi? Thier stories about Tommy and Jeana...."Livin on a Prayer" gained them popularity...and they arent sellouts. theyre older than GD and still rockin.

To all you Dookie- fans, GREEN DAY ISNT GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER "DOOKIE" They grew out of the topic of PD, ...""""

Or...

Is the concert going to be sold out?

PLZ ANSWER!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

To all you Dookie- fans, GREEN DAY ISNT GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER "DOOKIE" They grew out of the topic of PD, masturbation, sex, and using code-names for drugs like "Geek Stink breath" and "green day"
    (AKA cyrstal meth sink breath and marrijuana!). The clostest thing to dookie that will be realesed is a re-issue of that album.

And its not like, a cheesy opera. Its not like general hospital, or a soap opera like that. Its not like an italian opera with a fat lady singing. Its a COOL ROCK OPERA with st jimmy, whatsername, jesus of suburbia, and feat. christian and gloria!!
  • kerplunk 2009/06/27 03:00:55
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    kerplunk
    just because they were smart enough to bring punk to the masses who otherwise would have never known it existed doesn't make them sellouts i believe them when they say they're not in it for the money they just wanted people to hear what they had to say if they would bring the musical to pittsburgh or even to my hometown of Uniontown, Pa (we have an amazing theater that no rock bands ever consider called the State Theater) I would def go and I know a lot of people who would as well
  • !Gráinne! 2009/06/17 19:36:32
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    !Gráinne!
    +1
    They wrote a rock opera, and they want to put it on stage!!
    Why is everything this band does make them "sell-outs"?!
    If I lived in California I would most definitely go!!
    I don't see how this makes them sell-outs
    or how anything in the past made them sell-outs!!
  • FundicRegion 2009/06/08 03:58:48
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    FundicRegion
    I don't think that they are sellouts. Maybe they might be more famous, but that doesn't mean that they are sellouts.
  • Blade 2009/05/31 01:30:08 (edited)
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    Blade
    Beyond PUNK ROCK greenday sellouts punk rockThey SellOut Arena$
  • Music's Soul 2009/05/25 03:32:38
    Music's Soul
    Not a chance. They r so punk, and still rockin out!
  • Becky 2009/05/20 18:43:09
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    Becky
    +1
    Of course they're not, they're just stretching their wings with their music now that they have more of a following.

American Idiot was a great album that hit big time, so it's only natural that they'd want to open up other venues with it.
  • alley 2009/05/04 22:38:08
    alley
    hell yeah green day rocks i am going to every show they have even if they go over seas
  • awesomeness 2009/04/30 01:08:55 (edited)
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    awesomeness
    no way their sellouts....obviously enough. its not like their changing their own music to make money. as a fan of theater myself and as a musician in a band i would LOVE this opportunity...AND from the director of spring awakening!! love tht musical!

i would also like to mention tht the beatles music were also used for a musical.and as mentioned a little b4 me the who as well...this question is just ignorant
  • hxcgrunger 2009/04/23 13:48:16
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    hxcgrunger
    Lol how many punk/rock bands have made a broadway musical?? This IS punk.
  • ♫♥Viva Ła MaryHammie♥♫ 2009/04/21 21:57:25 (edited)
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    ♫♥Viva Ła MaryHammie♥♫
    OMG DONT MAKE ME CRY. They're JUST trying to make things more interesting and more fun!!! What the hell is wrong with u people??? Other bands r just jealous... other people just dont have a good taste in music... well, OTHER PEOPLE R JERKS. Green Day ROCKS! people just cant face the truth.
  • sc 2009/04/16 20:54:28
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    sc
    +2
    NO! The Who did a musicle and they are one of rocks big influences. They did Tommy the blind deaf dumb kid whoplayed pinball. Green Day is following in great footsteeps considering The Who is one of their influences. Remember even idols have idols.
  • ALEXIA 2009/04/10 13:26:27
    ALEXIA
    <3ly thiz 's so fab
  • Sodahead's Boring. 2009/04/02 22:13:04
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    Sodahead's Boring.
    +1
    I would love to go to a Green Day musical. XD

But they're just trying to get their message out to more people, get more fans. They're being diverse, and people can't handle it.
  • nicole 2009/04/02 21:31:07 (edited)
  • XXinlovewithmusicXX 2009/04/02 20:55:34
    No. Greenday are not sellouts.
    XXinlovewithmusicXX
    +2
    Maybe they aren't small time anymore. But they still care about the music and the message. Sell out is a term thrown around far too much when a band changes or gets more success. Personally, I love American Idiot, and I love musicals. I most likely wouldn't be able to go, but I would love to if I got the chance.

2014/04/18 18:21:10