Finish this sentence: Twilight is...

♥Peace♥Love♥Twilight♥ 2009/04/23 19:54:25
...the BEST book EVER!!
...the BEST movie EVER!!
...a pretty good book!
...a pretty good movie!
...the WORST THING EVER!!!
...totally AWESOME!!!

• Stelliferous 2009/09/27 13:19:17
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    Stelliferous
    +7
    Boring & pointless.
  • Mrs.Cullen 2009/09/27 13:18:01
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    Mrs.Cullen
    +3
    the best, the bible, the life - twilight
  • ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    ƙʊɱɪ ɧɒɲɑβʋʂɑ →ρᴊατσ←
    Actually,

A Insult to literature!!!!
  • Eden 2009/07/13 01:11:07
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    Eden
    To me, it's really horrible. Please inform me if you can prove me wrong otherwise but I really can't find any meaningful theme or message to the story. Also, I can't stand Edward. He's bland and unrealistic, (yes, I know it's a vampire book, but even so Meyer could find a way to make Edward a little believable, as Rowling did with the characters in Harry Potter) not to mention a wuss. I think the only well-structured characters are Jacob and Alice, but otherwise the characters aren't well spoken for. Possibly Meyer did this purposely for the fangirls to picture themselves in Bella's place, being loved by this so called "perfect" boyfriend (as well they have) but it really doesn't seem a good message to send to a young woman to act selfish and shallow and expect a knight in shining armor to romance and protect them, while the girl lusts after him. Twilight reminds me of an old princess movie, teaching the girls to just worry about their own needs and desires and expect a man to treat them with respect when they have none for themselves. It's meaningless and shallow, and it deeply surprises me that its popularity has lasted so long. I must admit, I have read all the books, and at first i did enjoy them, but as one would enjoy a children's puzzle, mildly interested at first but while ...
    To me, it's really horrible. Please inform me if you can prove me wrong otherwise but I really can't find any meaningful theme or message to the story. Also, I can't stand Edward. He's bland and unrealistic, (yes, I know it's a vampire book, but even so Meyer could find a way to make Edward a little believable, as Rowling did with the characters in Harry Potter) not to mention a wuss. I think the only well-structured characters are Jacob and Alice, but otherwise the characters aren't well spoken for. Possibly Meyer did this purposely for the fangirls to picture themselves in Bella's place, being loved by this so called "perfect" boyfriend (as well they have) but it really doesn't seem a good message to send to a young woman to act selfish and shallow and expect a knight in shining armor to romance and protect them, while the girl lusts after him. Twilight reminds me of an old princess movie, teaching the girls to just worry about their own needs and desires and expect a man to treat them with respect when they have none for themselves. It's meaningless and shallow, and it deeply surprises me that its popularity has lasted so long. I must admit, I have read all the books, and at first i did enjoy them, but as one would enjoy a children's puzzle, mildly interested at first but while looking back realizing it was a complete waste of time. And by the way, it was a bad movie too, the actors giving a performance even less believable than the actual characters were. All in all, and this is just my opinion, but speaking from my perspective, Twilight is the epitome of bad taste.
    P.S. Harry Potter is WAY better!
  • 16 2009/07/12 22:51:23
    ...the BEST book EVER!!
    16
    Amazing book. People just go to crazy about it. The movie was okay,but nothing compares to the book.
  • Loctia 2009/07/12 22:03:09
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    Loctia
    I've written an article about this. Go check it out, it's on my page somewhere.

Twilight is an overrated, overhyped, unoriginal and unprovoking piece of garbage in my opinion. It's a fan fiction created only to make little girls feel good about themselves by trying to pass Bella off as "plain" when really she's self centered, shallow and obnoxious. It does not deserve the fanbase it has gotten.
  • 16 Loctia 2009/07/12 22:59:16
    16
    She wasn't trying to make Bella look plain. In the book it self Bella says that she's selfish and some other things I don't really remember. The only reason its overrated is because of the movie. Everyone thinks Robert Pattinson is the best thing thats ever happened. No one ever really talked about twilight before the movie. When you say Twilight is unoriginal I would take that as a good thing. I wouldn't want to be reading something thats similar to the same book I just read. Why would the book provoke you. It's good thats its not provoking. Its not just for little girls. I know a 42 year old Yale graduate who read all the Twilight books An much preferred them.
  • Loctia 16 2009/07/13 05:39:39
    Loctia
    No my dear it was overrated LONG before the movie. Before the movie was when people were obsessive almost to a state of violence. Robert Pattinson had nothing to do with it, especially since he downed the book. But there were more people talking about Twilight before than after the movie. If you don't believe me, you should've been on the internet.

Also, I don't think you understand what unoriginal means. ORIGINAL means it's fresh, it's something that hasn't been done before. UNORIGINAL is what you just described, something similar to the book you just read.

Books are meant to be provoking. The point of books is they make you think, even when you don't think you're thinking. They give you characters going through dilemmas and make you predict and apply what you're reading. And there is nothing surprising about Twilight. In fact, as if to add INSULT that there's no surprise, she throws in something completely uninhibited and something with absolutely no foreshadowing. And even THAT wasn't a surprise so much as it was stupid (I'm talking about the Jacob and Edward/Bella hell child thing. And about the Edward/Bella hell child thing in general.)

And you just said it wasn't provoking? See, if it were just for a younger crowd (which I'd say it was if it weren't for Breaking Dawn) then I wouldn't expec...'''

''''

'

And you just said it wasn't provoking? See, if it were just for a younger crowd (which I'd say it was if it weren't for Breaking Dawn) then I wouldn't expect much. But if you say it's also for an older crowd, then yes it's supposed to be provoking. And just because you graduate from college, doesn't mean you know good fiction.

Stephen King, a fantastic writer who's published and sold many many books, has said that Stephanie Meyer isn't a good writer and that Twilight isn't a good series. Stephen King knows something about books. He has elements of originality, surprise, and always provokes his reader. That's why his books sell.

Twilight is a book for people who don't actually like to read, is my opinion.
  • Faariha 2009/07/12 21:18:24
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    Faariha
    The book is really good, but they cut the amazing scenes that are in the book. It sucks. But I still love it though.
  • nottiswim 2009/07/12 19:56:08
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    nottiswim
    more like "i want to DIE-light! (when reading it)"
  • B l a c k R o s e <3 2009/07/12 19:27:02
    ...the BEST book EVER!!
    B l a c k R o s e <3
    The Books are Amazing, I Have read them Over And Over Again. Thats The Same With The Movie..Absolutly Amazing!!! Cant Wait Until The New Ones Are Released! :) In Love With Edward Cullen And Emmett And Jacobb...HOT!!! :P movie absolutly wait released love edward cullen emmett jacobb hot
  • KittyBug! 2009/07/12 19:09:25
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    KittyBug!
    a lame movie.
  • 16 KittyBug! 2009/07/12 22:59:44
    16
    Is it a lame book?
  • KittyBug! 16 2009/07/12 23:33:47
    KittyBug!
    never read it. never will.
  • 16 KittyBug! 2009/07/13 00:01:49
    16
    Then how would you know if it's lame or not. The movie sucks,but the book was very entertaining.
  • KittyBug! 16 2009/07/13 00:19:57
    KittyBug!
    if the book was entertaining then they should have made the movie exactly like it.
  • 16 KittyBug! 2009/07/13 02:52:41
    16
    The movie would have been a little too long and I don't think every part would be necessary. Books are always better than movies because it makes it feel like your there. They have such great descriptions which then you can picture it your own way.
  • KittyBug! 16 2009/07/13 03:02:16
    KittyBug!
    probably. they just should have done a way better job on the movie lol.
  • 16 KittyBug! 2009/07/13 03:38:52
    16
    Yeah they could have.
  • Celeste 2009/07/12 19:08:44
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    Celeste
    I love Twilight oh my gosh i looove it. It is the best movie and the best book ever.
  • evceleb 2009/07/12 18:21:04
    ...a pretty good book!
    evceleb
    i actually had something else in mind...
    twilight is just like sex, u either think it was good, or it was bad.
  • Granger` 2009/05/13 22:32:00
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    Granger`
    The book was really really annoying, the movie was a little bit better, but still Twilight is...ugh.
  • Sidney Valentine 2009/05/09 12:54:57
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    Sidney Valentine
    +2
    *puke*
  • logical... Sidney ... 2009/05/09 13:02:47
    logical thinker
    +1
    twilight is GAY and probably smells too.
  • 16 Sidney ... 2009/07/13 03:39:40
    16
    What! Omg I am shocked!
  • AllWeKnowIsLost 2009/04/28 00:36:28 (edited)
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    AllWeKnowIsLost
    love twilight!!!!!!!!!!!!! the guys r hot n da movie and the book is awsome!!!!!!!!!! love twilight guys hot da movie book awsome love twilight guys hot da movie book awsome
  • [Stevens.Wifey] 2009/04/24 03:46:27
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    [Stevens.Wifey]
    i love the movie and the books!:)
  • im.awesome 2009/04/24 01:07:23
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    im.awesome
    +1
    LOVED iT FROM BEGGiNiNG TO END! ♥
  • gatorv19 2009/04/24 00:32:35
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    gatorv19
    best books ever are Twilight and Harry Potter
  • g!anna 2009/04/24 00:09:29
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    g!anna
    it's completely over-talked about.
    the obsession is getting extremely old.
    get over it.
  • mrz_sloan 2009/04/24 00:06:00
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    mrz_sloan
    +1
    love it but i guess thats cuz i love EMMETT haha....naww i love the books too
  • gatorv19 mrz_sloan 2009/04/24 00:33:03
    gatorv19
    +1
    I love Emmett too!... he is the BEST!... for sure
  • AllWeKn... mrz_sloan 2009/04/28 00:40:08
    AllWeKnowIsLost
    lol......... well he is your monkey man isnt he? lol
  • nicksgurl1600 2009/04/23 23:16:31
    ...the BEST book EVER!!
    nicksgurl1600
    it s really good 4 a book i said i wld nvr read then picked it up now i have 2 read the rest of the series and see the movis the movie twilight is good too
  • Simply Cara 2009/04/23 22:35:01
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    Simply Cara
    annoying.
  • tina 2009/04/23 22:19:51
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    tina
    pretty cool!!
  • Katy 2009/04/23 22:13:09
    ...the BEST book EVER!!
    Katy
    My favorite Book.
  • sc 2009/04/23 22:07:21
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    sc
    +1
    Not even fit to be TP
  • MON 2009/04/23 21:48:36 (edited)
    ...totally AWESOME!!!
    MON
    i wouldnt say the best book or movie in the world because there soooo many good books and movie in this world..but i can say twilight is really awesome!!!!..hehe 8)
  • Sahar 2009/04/23 21:48:10
    ...the WORST THING EVER!!!
    Sahar
    +1
    its completely retarded

2014/04/18 16:04:12