Favourite Warcarft III Faction

Lord Claremorris 2012/04/08 17:18:32
Human Alliance
Orc Horde
Undead Scourge
Night Elf Sentinel
Warcraft III is my all time favourite game, and of course is divided into 4 playable races which I referred to as factions. Anyhow, for any Warcraft III fans, what's your favourite faction and why?

• Kookieless The Sexy Nihilis... 2013/02/16 18:23:37
  • Ray 2012/08/20 03:50:05
    Orc Horde
    Ray
    The horde, their just a group of outcasts looking for a new home. But my favorite person lore wise has got to be Jaina, so power to her and hoping she tears big G a new one on mist.
  • Cedric 2012/04/09 21:10:41
    Orc Horde
    Cedric
    +1
    FOR THE HOOOOOOOOOORDE!!!!!!! Oh and I also like the Sentinel ;)
  • Lord Claremorris 2012/04/08 17:29:25 (edited)
    Human Alliance
    Lord Claremorris
    It was a tough one for me. Ever since Warcraft Orcs and Humans I've played Humans. In Warcraft I they had Clerics, and in Warcraft II they had Paladins, so for the entire series Humans have had healers where the Orcs did not. My play style is built around micromanaging to keep my units alive, which I could do very well in Warcraft I and II. My favourite faction in Starcraft and Starcraft II was also the Humans (Terran) for the same reason. Medics. So when Warcraft III came out I was by default already Human oriented. I usually go AM, then Pally. But it's a toss up between Pally and BM, since Banish is useful as all hell and Priests heal pretty solidly anyway, plus I can buy Scrolls of Healing. But Holy Light is nice as an extra heal, and Devotion Aura, Divine Shield, and Resurrection fits my playing style perfectly. Keeping my units alive. That being said, I really like the Orcs as a literary subject. The story of Warcraft is just brilliant, the Orcs being corrupted by Demons then manipulated into invading the Human world. In Warcraft III they are finally redeemed and break free from their demonic corruption. I also like the Undead because they're just dark and evil. But when it comes down to it I always have faith in my own people, as they always suit my playing style. By lat...
    It was a tough one for me. Ever since Warcraft Orcs and Humans I've played Humans. In Warcraft I they had Clerics, and in Warcraft II they had Paladins, so for the entire series Humans have had healers where the Orcs did not. My play style is built around micromanaging to keep my units alive, which I could do very well in Warcraft I and II. My favourite faction in Starcraft and Starcraft II was also the Humans (Terran) for the same reason. Medics. So when Warcraft III came out I was by default already Human oriented. I usually go AM, then Pally. But it's a toss up between Pally and BM, since Banish is useful as all hell and Priests heal pretty solidly anyway, plus I can buy Scrolls of Healing. But Holy Light is nice as an extra heal, and Devotion Aura, Divine Shield, and Resurrection fits my playing style perfectly. Keeping my units alive. That being said, I really like the Orcs as a literary subject. The story of Warcraft is just brilliant, the Orcs being corrupted by Demons then manipulated into invading the Human world. In Warcraft III they are finally redeemed and break free from their demonic corruption. I also like the Undead because they're just dark and evil. But when it comes down to it I always have faith in my own people, as they always suit my playing style. By late game depending on the situation I usually have Breakers with an AM and BM, with a lot of Priests and Sorcs. Sorcs of course for casting Slow and Polymorph, and if a unit gets close to dying I'll throw Invisibility on it to save it. Priests pretty much for heal and for inner fire, don't need to dispel much with them because the Breakers will take care of that. The AM of course is there for Elementals and for Mana with the Brilliance Aura, and what's beautiful about using Breakers for melee instead of knights or footies is I can cast blizzard ran on them and it won't do anything. So in battle I'll just cast blizzard and if I have a BM I'll cast pillar of fire too, all over the place because the Breakers aren't hurt by either. With the BM too I can cast Banish to keep units from dying at the last second. With Dragonhawks that completes the army by adding some anti-air. Aerial shackles will ruin some fools. This strategy of course can be countered, but it's extremely powerful and if the enemy doesn't have the right units I'll polymorph them all and destroy them with AoE while nullifying all their casters. I especially love fighting the Orcs with it. I'll polymorph all their Tauren and blizzard/pillar of fire all their Shaman.
  • Rimvydas_M 2012/04/08 17:26:35
    Night Elf Sentinel
    Rimvydas_M
    +1
    Night Elf and Human Aliance

2014/11/25 22:08:27