Favorite Breakfast Club quote or scene?

doodlebug 2009/08/06 23:27:27
John Hughes, the beloved director of many 80s teen movies, passed away at the age of 59. One of John Hughes' best known movies is "The Breakfast Club" which tells the story of five high school students from different social subcultures who spend detention together and walk away from it with their lives changed. Let's keep John Hughes' memory alive and talk about our favorite quotes or scenes from "The Breakfast Club"

• Artemis ~PHAET 2009/08/06 23:32:57
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +5
    I love the entire movie, but I think one of my favorite quotes was from Bender when he said, "Don't you wanna hear my excuse?" For some reason that just amused me. And of course you have to love that final monologue at the end:
    "Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us...In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...an athlete...a basket case...a princess...and a criminal...Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club."

• sydney 2009/08/13 17:39:15 (edited)
    sydney
    i love the whole movie, but one of my favorite parts is when they break out of the room and the principle dude locks bender up in that closet, know what im talking about?...and then i love that part where theyre all sitting around talking and saying why theyre there there and brian talked about bringing the gun and stuff....and i love the end when they all get picked up..iits awesome...and then when bender walks through the field at the end?good stuff....and of course the note thingy brian wrote....the whole movie is my favorite.........i always felt bad for bran though..it was liek he was the 5th wheel
  • Katharina 2009/08/10 05:31:17
    Katharina
    Do not know, must work.
  • howlowcanugo 2009/08/09 16:24:05
    howlowcanugo
    I'm not exactly sure how all of it goes, so feel free to correct me ;)

Bender: What the hell is that?
    Claire: Sushi.
    Bender: (disgusted) Sushi? What is sushi?
    Claire: Raw fish, seaweed, ginger.
    Bender: (just stares)
    Claire: Can I eat?
    Bender: I dunno, but you can try.

It's something like that XD

Love that movie!!!!
  • Ophelia Violet [clock girl ... 2009/08/08 01:46:09
    Ophelia Violet [clock girl <3]~In Time We Trust
    Andrew Clark: So... what's your poison?
    [no answer]
    Andrew Clark: ...Ok, forget I asked.
    Allison Reynolds: Vodka.
    Andrew Clark: Vodka? When do you drink vodka.
    Allison Reynolds: Whenever.
    Andrew Clark: How much?
    Allison Reynolds: Tons.

vodka drink vodka allison reynolds andrew clark allison reynolds tons
    best part
  • Coach 2009/08/07 17:45:28
    Coach
    Thinking about trying out for a Schawlorship!

• Illinois 2009/08/07 17:23:04
    Illinois
    +1
    Cap'n Crunch and Pixie Stick Sandwich from The Breakfast Club.

Ever seen The Breakfast Club? During the lunchtime scene, Ally Sheedy's character makes a delicious-looking sandwich consisting of white bread, Cap'n Crunch Cereal and pixie stick dust sprinkled on top. To this day, the sound of her mashing down on the crunch makes me very very hungry.

And now here is the ultimate in lunchtime sugar high!!
    Ingredients
    - 2 slices white bread
    - About two handfulls of Ca'n Crunch Cereal
    - 1 or 2 pixie sticks
    - 1 Coca-Cola

Open your Coca-Cola.

If you have a sandwich already, toss out the meat like Allison did. If it sticks on the granite sculpture behind you, consider yourself totally awesome. You ain't no NeomaxiZoonDweebie.

Lay your bread out side by side. Open the pixie sticks and even sprinkle the pixie dust on both slice of bread. Put the empty pixie sticks into your coke as straws.

Distribute the Cap'n Crunch evenly over both slices of bread. Mash down hard to ensure proper crunch embedding. Carefully fold together your sandwich, bite down, and enjoy!
    mash ensure proper crunch embedding carefully fold sandwich bite enjoy
  • reignfyr 2009/08/07 05:31:44 (edited)
    reignfyr
    +3
    "SHUT UP B*#@*, go fix me a turkey pot pie". shut fix turkey pot pie
  • Rosalie 2009/08/07 03:54:56
    Rosalie
    +3
    when Bender was going through Johnson's lunch and pointing out what he had. "Well Brian, this is a very nutritious lunch. All the food groups are represented. Who'd your Mom marry...Mr. Rogers?" and Johnson replied "uhh..no..Mr. Johnson."

great film. too many good quotes to name. that one was the first to pop into my head.
  • smedley 2009/08/07 01:31:02
    smedley
    +2
    I like the opening scene where we can see the kids with their parents and how dysfunctional they are. Allison gets out of the car and it just drives away. John Bender just walks in with no parents.
  • Lizard 2009/08/07 01:14:33
  • Richard the Lionheart 2009/08/07 00:51:31 (edited)
    Richard the Lionheart
    +2
    When they're getting stoned. Great movie, I miss the early/mid eighties.
  • Shonny 2009/08/07 00:19:13 (edited)
    Shonny
    +2
    My favorite part was when Allison / the outcast, put the black eyeliner between her breast and applied it to her eyes with no hands. One of the others called her a whore for it, and she freaked out. Classic scene; I'll never forget it. I loved the 80s i was pre-teen
  • Casper 2009/08/06 23:54:42
    Casper
    +2
    "You are a neo-maxi-zoom-dweebie"
  • wolf sloan 2009/08/06 23:37:22
    wolf sloan
    +4
    "No chance of that. It's in Johnson's underwear"
  • sc 2009/08/06 23:33:53
    sc
    +2
    When the geek guy tells about bringing a flare gune to school b/c he failed.
    And the pott induced dance scene
  • Shonny sc 2009/08/07 00:20:31
    Shonny
    +2
    yeah :-)
  • Artemis ~PHAET 2009/08/06 23:32:57
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +5
  • sc Artemis... 2009/08/06 23:35:19
    sc
    +3
    Wow you remembered that? Im impressed
  • Artemis... sc 2009/08/06 23:36:08
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +4
    I've only seen it about a million times. lol
  • sc Artemis... 2009/08/06 23:38:16
    sc
    +3
    Ive seen it a few times I own it and make my friends watch
  • Shonny sc 2009/08/07 00:22:14
    Shonny
    +1
    I want it too (whinning). I want my son to grow up watching it like i did.
  • sc Shonny 2009/08/07 14:12:17
    sc
    +1
    Try walmart and blockbuster
  • reignfyr Artemis... 2009/08/07 05:37:34
    reignfyr
    +1
    lol...impressive.
  • Artemis... reignfyr 2009/08/07 06:00:44
    Artemis ~PHAET
    Thank you. ^_^
  • The Gov-Here to help BN362 2009/08/06 23:31:37
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +5
    If I remember correctly it was " Claire, why are you such a bitch" or something to that effect...

2014/07/29 13:53:30