DWTS freak fest. Is Dancing With The Stars getting desperate for talent?

Daryl 2011/08/30 06:53:17

SLIDESHOW: DWTS freak fest

Chaz Bono
1 of 12

Chaz Bono

1. Chaz Bono

Chaz Bono

2. Ron Artest booking photo

Ron Artest booking photo

3. Hope Solo (OK at least she's hot)

Hope Solo (OK at least she's hot)

4. Robert Kardashian (Isn't he famous because his sister did sex tapes?)

Robert Kardashian (Isn't he famous because his sister did sex tapes?)

5. Kristin Cavallari (OK at least she is hot)

Kristin Cavallari (OK at least she is hot)

6. Nancy Grace (you are kidding, right?)

Nancy Grace (you are kidding, right?)

7. Carson Kressley (insert mincing joke, here)

Carson Kressley (insert mincing joke, here)

8. Ricki Lake (hasn't she off TV for like 18 years?)

Ricki Lake (hasn't she off TV for like 18 years?)

9. Chynna Phillips (OK at least she is hot)

Chynna Phillips (OK at least she is hot)

10. David Arquette

David Arquette

11. J.R. Martinez

J.R. Martinez

12. Elisabetta Canalis (I am very OK with this choice)

Elisabetta Canalis (I am very OK with this choice)

Yes, DWTS is getting desperate for talent
No, shut up and dance
Dancing With The Stars is wildly popular because they get (moderately) famous people to dance.

dancing stars wildly popular moderately famous people dance

This is the beginning of the 13th season and it looks like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as celebrity guests go.

"ABC says the 13th season of the hit show will feature a mix of actors, athletes and TV personalities. Set to tango and quickstep with professional dance partners will be basketball star Ron Artest; World Cup soccer player Hope Solo; reality stars Robert Kardashian, Kristin Cavallari and Chaz Bono; TV personalities Nancy Grace, Carson Kressley and Ricki Lake; singer-actress Chynna Phillips; actors David Arquette and J.R. Martinez; and Italian actress Elisabetta Canalis, who may be better known in the United States for being George Clooney's ex-girlfriend."

George Clooney's ex-girlfriend and a tranny?

Is Dancing With The Stars getting desperate for talent?

Read More: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TV_DANCI...

• RawRsaurus 2013/02/21 19:28:10
    No, shut up and dance
    RawRsaurus
    Just admit you don't know anything about being transgender and are unwilling to educate yourself (Jerry Springer doesn't count). This isn't even ignorance--ignorant people are at least willing to learn. This is good old stupidity.
  • dlsofsetx 2011/09/23 00:52:20
    dlsofsetx
    +1
    I suspect many women refused to dance with that Bono thing.
  • PEGGY C dlsofsetx 2011/10/06 05:28:16
    PEGGY C
    +4
    I thought the same thing when I heard that Chaz Bono was going to dance, I thought what woman would want to dance with her/him, or it.
  • dlsofsetx PEGGY C 2012/05/30 21:13:44
    dlsofsetx
    I call Chaz it.chaz Bono is not a man,but is actually a woman surgically altered to look like a man.
  • RawRsaurus dlsofsetx 2013/02/21 19:37:22
    RawRsaurus
    +1
    Physical anatomy isn't the sole definition of gender. If you're going to paint with that broad a brush, what of those who have physical deformities to genitalia? What of those who experience a traumatic accident and no longer have definitive genitalia? Does that make them any less a man or woman?

Chaz is a man and has identified as a man since a small child. You are making posts filled with assumptions on a topic you obviously don't understand. You have the internet at your disposal--have you ever thought of using Google?

http://www.transgenderexplore...
  • studiobrat PWCM AFCL 2011/09/07 15:54:20
    studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
    +1
    I think that DWTS purposely chooses some of the dance contestants who are controversial, has-beens, wannabes, or who may look foolish on the dance floor in order to spice up the show for ratings. It's also a good way for has-been actors or celebrities to revive their careers like Mario Lopez who became host of Access Hollywood after he appeared on DWTS. I'm glad because I always liked him and he makes a great host. mario lopez host access hollywood appeared dwts glad host Mario Lopez
  • katlin 2011/09/01 21:18:47
    katlin
    +2
    yah I wouldn't call chaz a "star" by any stretch of the imagination...he/she is only famous for being related to someone famous--that's scraping the bottom...
  • PEGGY C katlin 2011/10/06 05:29:50
    PEGGY C
    +4
    I thought the same thing when I heard that he/she was going to be on DWTS, I thought he/she's not a star, her mother is.
  • HappiestGirl 2011/08/31 05:12:03
    HappiestGirl
    +1
    WHO watches this show? Even my grandparents think it's dumb! Stupid show! I've never watched an episode and I'm proud as hell of that!
  • PEGGY C Happies... 2011/10/06 05:32:02
    PEGGY C
    +4
    I never did, either until I was visiting relatives who had it on. I mainly wanted to see how badly Chaz danced. Surprisingly he/she did better than I thought. I also agree it's a stupid show, haven't seen it since. There are betters things to watch.
    No, shut up and dance
    +4
    Dancing with the stars, yawn.
  • 11 Phenomenon - eNews 2011/08/31 01:45:45
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    +2
    They have some nice looking girls; not counting Nancy Graceless and Cher's son/daughter.
  • hasher 2011/08/31 01:37:57
    No, shut up and dance
    hasher
    +1
    you know what i could care less. i never watch the show this or american idol i hate reality shows.
  • Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^ 2011/08/30 22:13:47
    No, shut up and dance
    Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^
    +4
    Why do you have an issue with transgendered people? I would venture a guess that most women over the age of 18 could be classified as someone's ex-girlfriend, as most men over the same age could be classified as someone's ex-boyfriend.

Personally, I don't understand why so-called 'reality' programmes are so bloody popular. I think the entire genre of television programming is basically scraping the bottom of the barrel, since obviously they cater to the lowest common denominator. That shows that those who decide on programming aren't terribly creative or talented, since they can't think of anything better to put on telly than 'reality' shows.

Rather than question why they put people on various ends of the sexuality spectrum or dating spectrum, I would question why this sort of show is on telly at all. As for the so-called stars, I won'der why some actor who hasn't acted since I was a child is considered a 'star' or why someone with the name Kardashian, regardless of which first name (I thought they were all interchangeable, and didn't know there were even any boys in the family) is a 'star'. Of what? What have they ever done other than ride the coattails of a tennis 'star' from the '70s? It seems to me, from what I've read, that the main reason to be on the show at all is to use it as a weight-reduction method, a glam version of biggest loser.
  • RawRsaurus Nick~be... 2013/02/21 19:40:57 (edited)
    RawRsaurus
    The problem is they aren't smart enough to research the definition of transgender. Their beliefs are formed from garbage reality TV shows and talk shows which portray transgender individuals in a highly negative light. They probably think cross dressers, drag queens, transsexuals, and transvestites are all the same. LOL!
  • KSolove 2011/08/30 20:45:30 (edited)
    KSolove
    +2
    I picked yes because there isn't a third choice. I don't watch any of these shows. I find all reality TV shows boring and stupid. I find something else to do with my time, like playing with my kids and reading a book or have sex with my hubby. :-) LOL
  • Jason 2011/08/30 20:37:20 (edited)
    No, shut up and dance
    Jason
    +6
    No, 'getting desperate' implies at one point they were not desperate for talent. They've pretty well always been desperate for talent.

desperate implies desperate talent pretty desperate talent dancing with the stars cho
  • gidianedwards97 2011/08/30 20:16:13
    gidianedwards97
    +2
    everyone thinks that is a joke.
  • Begum Zebunisah Hamidullah 2011/08/30 19:43:14
    No, shut up and dance
    Begum Zebunisah Hamidullah
    +4
    What give you the right to call Chaz Bono a freak?
  • Sofahead Begum Z... 2011/08/30 22:07:25 (edited)
    Sofahead
    +2
    You limited your answer, why? Because he used Chaz Bono as the lead off photo?
    He called everyone this season, if not the whole history of the show, freaks.

limited answer season history freaks freaks
  • Daryl Begum Z... 2011/08/31 06:57:34
    Daryl
    +1
    God.

My God given right to free speech is documented in the constitution.

The same right you have to argue with me...truly ironic if you think about it.

Yes, Chaz Bono is a freak.
  • PEGGY C Daryl 2011/10/06 05:36:54
  • RawRsaurus Daryl 2013/02/21 19:43:35
    RawRsaurus
    Why do you care so much about other people's body parts? THAT is freaky....
  • PEGGY C Begum Z... 2011/10/06 05:36:06
    PEGGY C
    +3
    He/she became a freak when he/she mutilated his/her body. He has/had a mental illness and rather than get help, he had his breasts removed, to further add to the illusion that he/she isc a man. Rather than dealing with the mental illness, thinking he's, /she's a man, it was easier to chop off his breasts than get help. And that is freaky.
  • RawRsaurus PEGGY C 2013/02/21 19:47:43
    RawRsaurus
    ..............This is one of the the most nonsensical posts I have ever come across. It isn't a mental illness according to the DSM. Do you even know what being transsexual entails? Obviously not. You seek out a gender therapist. They diagnose you as gender dysphoric. THE COURSE OF TREATMENT IS HORMONE THERAPY AND SURGERY. That is the ONLY solution to minimizing the dysphoria. It's like having a really bad birth defect. He merely underwent SRS and hormones to have his sex match the gender with which he identifies. Really isn't that hard of a concept to grasp....

I could say having a bunch of stupid people running around is freaky, but it's actually pretty normal (sadly).
  • Boo 2011/08/30 19:42:48 (edited)
    No, shut up and dance
    Boo
    +2
    Art, you dirty old man! What else can I say?

Well, maybe at least some of them can actually dance.
  • Daryl Boo 2011/08/31 06:58:11
    Daryl
    +1
    Yes, I am a dirty old man...I admit it.

dirty admit dirty old man
  • Boo Daryl 2011/08/31 16:24:29
    Boo
    +2
    I was teasing you, but since you admit it... You're just like every "honest" red-blooded American male (who isn't of the gay persuasion). :-)
  • Daryl Boo 2011/09/01 22:19:03
    Daryl
    +1
    If being attracted to large breasts is wrong, I don't want to be right.
  • Guru Casper BN-ZERO 2011/08/30 19:42:40 (edited)
    No, shut up and dance
    Guru Casper BN-ZERO
    +2
    never was a fan of the show,they always get faded glories and or B LISTERS,the only "celebrity " that turns me off is Nancy Grace
    fan showthey faded glories listersthe celebrity turns nancy grace nancy grace
  • Biki~pwcm/potl~ 2011/08/30 19:24:24
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +2
    Never watched it, never will, don't even have that channel on my TV.
  • Begum Z... Biki~pw... 2011/08/30 19:42:24
    Begum Zebunisah Hamidullah
    +1
    Well aren't you highly suspicious of where your living....all the houses around you dont' have that channel on your TV's & yet all the occupants have the same last name?
  • Biki~pw... Begum Z... 2011/08/30 19:46:53
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +1
    I mean, I've removed it from the programming list on my tv. Other people have that channel on their tv if they want it.
  • Begum Z... Biki~pw... 2011/08/30 19:50:26
    Begum Zebunisah Hamidullah
    +2
    I think you missed the joke - please read my post again
  • Biki~pw... Begum Z... 2011/08/30 20:09:55
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +2
    Sorry.....I was in a bad ATV accident 5 weeks ago and I hit my head and it's been recovering since then. My bad, missed it.
  • Chukroast 2011/08/30 18:49:16
    Chukroast
    +4
    Yes, desperate but not enough to ask me to dance. desperate dance
  • mrscas 2011/08/30 18:36:59
    mrscas
    +1
    I will not be watching. Freak show?
  • Irish little 2011/08/30 18:28:03
    Irish little
    +1
    Let's see how well they can be traned
  • dredogg 2011/08/30 17:32:33
    dredogg
    +3
    most of these people have not been in the public eye for a while. they should get people like. this.

people public eye people colen powell http://iamatvjunkie.typepad.c... people public eye people httpiamatvjunkie typepad cinton people public eye people httpiamatvjunkie typepad gore people public eye people httpiamatvjunkie typepad bush
  • Gregaj7 dredogg 2011/09/01 21:36:54
    +2
    They had Tom Delay a couple of seasons back.

2014/10/26 08:35:36