Does Rob Gronkowski Need to Grow Up?

Sports 2012/06/12 20:00:00
New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is an awesome NFL player, but recent headlines have made people question his character. Just a few months back, following the Patriots' Super Bowl loss to the New York Giants, Gronkowski was spotted at a club partying, leading to widespread criticism among NFL veterans. But there's nothing wrong with partying right? Well, that is unless partying can go wrong.

Around that time, there were also rumors floating around Gronkowski hooked up with an underage girl at a club, which was never confirmed. Still, many have associated partying and slight irresponsibility with the young talent. Now Gronkowski is back in the news for his antics, only this time it involves a charity -- but it does also still involve him shirtless. According to a Deadspin report, Gronkowski didn't behave so well at a charity event Saturday night in Boston.

The report claims Gronkowski not only danced sweaty and shirtless, but may or may not have purposely poured a drink on a woman. Gronkowski was also there to raise money for a children's hospital. A video has surfaced, showing “Gronk being Gronk” on stage, in his rumored and perhaps true off-the-field form. Security escorts him off the stage, but not before he embarrasses himself at what allegedly was a charity event. Awkward. After getting the richest deal for a tight end ever, does Rob Gronkowski need to grow up already?

• GeorgeTSLC . 2013/12/15 22:12:47
    GeorgeTSLC .
    Man seems to be behaving appropriately for his age and station in life.

He's not senator, a pastor, or even a parent.
  • Molls44 2012/10/02 06:56:25
    Molls44
    He's what, 22? He will grow out of it. and as far as I'm concerned he's not doing anything illegal.
    I'd rather have a player doing silly things than say killing people, drinking and driving, fighting dogs.
    With a league that has some thugs I'll take him.
  • im right ur wrong 2012/06/20 17:21:23
    im right ur wrong
    hes fine doing what he does.
  • fried.sushi.007 2012/06/14 01:44:18
    fried.sushi.007
    I think he needs to learn that there is a time and place for partying, A charity for a children's hospital is not the time nor the place. I think he has a lot of growing up to do if he can't act like an adult for a couple of hours.
  • jacktown kid 2012/06/13 15:14:41
    jacktown kid
    just having fun
  • ..::localeye::.. 2012/06/13 00:20:34
    ..::localeye::..
    +2
    As long as he is not driving afterwards who cares. The dude is 22 and rich. Let him have some fun.
  • Your Favorite Nerd 2012/06/12 23:48:11
    Your Favorite Nerd
    He'll mature eventually...
  • Cal 2012/06/12 23:19:54
    Cal
    Gronk is 22. That's younger than I am and I still party and I know people older than me that still parties. Let him be a 22 year old already.
  • pederu 2012/06/12 22:40:58
    pederu
    hes a good tight end
  • Z-Wolf 2012/06/12 22:05:24
    Z-Wolf
    It's working for him. Why change it?
  • Lisa 2012/06/12 21:21:41
    Lisa
  • Freeranger Lisa 2012/06/12 23:21:45
    Freeranger
    +3
    Sweetie, stick with Emo, Twilight, and other adolescent stuff. I don't think you even know what a football is shaped like.
    idiotic opinion
  • moleman Freeranger 2012/06/12 23:45:14
    moleman
    +1
    sounds just like your political opinions
  • Lisa Freeranger 2012/06/13 00:07:57
    Lisa
    excuse me? why would you say that? It's very stupid of you to just assume that I like twilight and being emo. I hate twilight and I'm nothing like the normal adolescent in my opinion. I don't even understand why you would say such a thing about me, please tell me what I said to make you think I'm stupid enough to not know the shape of a football? I am truly interested
  • Freeranger Lisa 2012/06/13 00:37:39
    Freeranger
    You're unexcused.

Actually, it's more stupid for me to assume you know anything about football. You call one of the best Tight End's in the NFL an 'effin' a-hole and you think you don't deserve criticism or to be called on it?
    Forget what your teachers drummed in to your mind in high school. You're not exceptional----and more importantly, "most" don't think he's any of those things actually, just those who hate what he does when he plays against them.
    Find another hobby or become a student of the game.
  • Zuggi Freeranger 2012/06/13 00:46:35
    Zuggi
    +1
    His skill at the game has nothing to do with his moral character. Tyson was a great boxer.
  • Lisa Freeranger 2012/06/13 00:52:13
    Lisa
    +1
    I don't care about how he plays football, I care about his concept of common courtesy. He can play the best football in the world but that does not give him the excuse to act the way he did.What kind of a decent person dances sweaty and shirtless at a fundraiser for a children's hospital?Just because I don't follow a sport that encourages a bunch of men in tights to throw a football and tackle each other doesn't mean I'm stupid. Besides, who are you to tell me what most people think anyway?And who are you to tell me that I'm not an exceptional person? You barely know me yet you immediately label me as a stupid, indifferent person.
  • Freeranger Lisa 2012/06/13 01:33:43
    Freeranger
    The "most" spotlight actually falls on you since it's written on your poster??, or did someone else pencil that in when you were busy crudely disparaging Gronk?

Quote: ["But MOST (my emphasis) just think you're an effin' a-hole"]

That's point one. Point two is to question why you couldn't have said what you just wrote rather than leading off with your crude little poster. You've judged on your content here, which says to me there's nothing exceptional about you.....or you'd have had the intelligence to choose your point more carefully.
    Third point is that YOU are the one calling yourself stupid. I'll wait here while you find me referencing that.

Thought so.

Lastly, no one cares that you don't like that he's not the type of guy you want to take home to Daddy. He's a professional football player period. I'm not excusing how he conducts himself off the field, but clearly, reading your opening statement, you'd be better served to go find some other pie in the sky recreational outlet and it's participants to criticize, because someone who would describe pro football as a bunch of men in tights throwing footballs around clearly doesn't belong in the discussion.
  • Lisa Freeranger 2012/06/13 01:43:56
    Lisa
    You don't reference that I'm stupid, you implied it...it doesn't take a genius to find that out. I just put a crude little poster because I thought it was funny, if I felt like elaborating on my point I would have put more, but I simply did not feel the need to. Also, I don't think I need to prove to you that I am exceptional, I have proved to my teachers, elders, and all who know me that I am an exceptional person so if you don't think that I am exceptional then I don't care because frankly I don't care what you think about me. It's actually kind of funny that you care so much about a stupid poster I put up, you must have a lot of time on your hands if you're just going to sit here fighting with (as you have IMPLIED and REFERENCED, truly sorry I didn't elaborate on that) a stupid adolescent who cares about twilight and being emo
  • Freeranger Lisa 2012/06/13 02:03:22
    Freeranger
    You referenced that you're exceptional, however if I were to gather all those teachers, elders, and all who know you, and display for them your (crudely) hilarious poster as you term it, I would suggest that perhaps you wouldn't be found as exceptional as you think you are.
    In conclusion, that you find it so funny clearly indicates that you share the same commonalities with the very one whom you criticize, without the thought having dawned on you. And THAT is what is so poetic. Youth is indeed wasted on the young.

You've been fun.
  • Lisa Freeranger 2012/06/13 06:23:19
  • lauren 2012/06/12 21:12:50
  • Red Pixy 2012/06/12 21:12:26
    Red Pixy
    maybe..
  • wes 2012/06/12 21:07:39
    wes
    How much does growing up pay.....
  • BoardinOK 2012/06/12 16:18:49
    BoardinOK
    +1

Obviously he's not fat, but the rest certainly applies.

2014/10/23 01:44:10