Does Listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction Make You a Better Person?

Music 2013/01/23 01:00:00
Related Topics: Music
A scientific study out of the Netherlands has revealed that listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction will actually make you a better person. 300 students (ages 12-16) were studied, and the researchers were able to correlate unconventional music with delinquent behavior, and mainstream music (specifically Bieber) with academic and moral excellence.

For those of you wondering how many times you should listen to "Baby" to see some results, consider that this may be a classic case of "chicken or the egg." Does listening to Bieber and One Direction actually make students more moral? Or do "delinquents" feel like they are too cool for conventional music? You decide.

NME.COM reports:
According to the research, listing to hip-hop, punk and trance makes kids 'delinquent.'

Read More: http://www.nme.com/news/justin-bieber/68297

• katie 2013/01/23 02:03:25
    katie
    +20
    Music doesn't determine that. In fact, some of the most horrible girls I've ever met are One Direction/Justin Bieber fans. I mean look at the One Direction fans who told Mitch Lucker's five year old daughter to kill herself. They're obviously not the best people.

• dUdEcOoLkIdz 2013/02/28 23:23:52
  • Omaima Biebl 2013/02/18 23:53:17
    Omaima Biebl
    +1
    YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeS A LOoOoOoOoT
  • Winry 2013/02/02 08:41:39
    Winry
    +1
    no..not only to them though.. I don't listen to Justin Bieber's songs though.. and 1Direction too.... I listen to japanese anime songs... so I don't think so....
  • CatPerson Winry 2013/02/07 21:03:47
    CatPerson
    Me too.
  • vicky 2013/01/30 10:00:57
    vicky
    +1
    cuz it is just music
  • Vic F 2013/01/29 19:40:53
    Vic F
    I think you should listen to Justin Bieber 24 hours a day for the rest of your life.

You will be the best person on the planet. Infact you will be GOD!

Justin Bieber has all the answers as to how to become great! How could he not? He's the BIEBS!!!

Justin Bieber knows everything. Justin Bieber is GOD! - and the only way to become better than his is to play his music over and over and over and over - all day and night till the end of your days.
  • Winry Vic F 2013/02/02 08:42:35
    Winry
    +1
    GOD is GOD and he's not Justin Bieber please....
  • dUdEcOo... Vic F 2013/02/28 23:14:42
    dUdEcOoLkIdz
    There's only one GOD n justin bieber is GOD's creation not GOD
    So Bitch Please!!!!!
  • Serenity Guru of lurve *wink* 2013/01/28 05:42:28 (edited)
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    No it makes you completely devoid of all decent taste in music and most likely tone deaf because that whiney little sod with his helium filled vocal chords like a smurf on acid ( which btw if I was on I would probably love him) assaults my eardrums......and please dont tell me don't listen to him because I have an 11 year old girl ( you get my drift)
    So in sum total I would have to be on hard core psychedelic drugs to listen to either
    Lmao

Now if you are teenagers then I understand, I assaulted my mums eardrums when I was a teen ( you won't know them ) but if your an adult tut tut tut hop on to my Page and I will show you what good taste in music really is ...In all genres. ( styles. ) ..........

Peace out Serenity.......
  • shat 2013/01/26 22:46:35
    shat
    +1
    What kind of self-respecting researcher would actually consider this a valid study? The problem with studies like this is obvious. The type of people that listen to Justin Bieber are inherently different people than the kind of people that listen to something like death metal. Their disposition dictates their actions. Of course people that enjoy this type of music are soft, sentimental individuals. I can't imagine a hard-a** dude on a motorcycle going home to listen to Bieber while making some cookies. You might as well just create a study that states "New findings reveal that people who listen to Christian rock are more likely to be Christian than people who listen Jewish folk music."
  • fallnhope 2013/01/26 01:35:56
    fallnhope
    +2
    X_x the page moved when I clicked... it does NOT make you a better person. I've always listened to hard rock and different electronic music. I've never been a bad person, or in trouble at school, or even had a ticket. It all comes down to the parents. Place blame where it belongs - if you don't teach your kids right from wrong, don't blame other people/things for being there.
  • davey b 2013/01/26 01:27:28
    davey b
    +1
    No it means you have no taste in music, but more to address the nature of this study, finding a correlation is not the same as causality. There is a correlation with water consumption and murder too. Doesn't mean drinking water will make you murde someone. This is a stupid study, and very poorly reported, the researchers should be stripped of their titles, especially if they are PhD's.
  • Serenit... davey b 2013/01/28 05:58:49
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    No it means they are teenagers, did your mum respect your taste in music because I am damn sure my mum did not appreciate Adam and the Ants among other loud in yer face popstars that were best heard at full volume 4'5'6'7'8'9......" TURN THAT NOISE DOWN NOW!" ......lmao. Every night, my poor mum....
  • The Tree of Life 2013/01/25 16:34:53
    The Tree of Life
    +2
    First, I have to say that the results are the most hilarious thing I've heard all day. Second, everyone knows the correlation does not equal causation...Even if there is a strong correlation of even close to +1.00, there is no real way of putting this to repeatable, scientific experimentation. If I took this study seriously, which I am honestly having a hard time doing, I would say that there are *way* too many factors that come into play to honestly pin-point it down to listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction. Personally, since I listen to so-called "unconventional music", that would make me someone who would express "delinquent behaviour", right? Wrong. I'm a nerd that listens to Valdy and Supertramp. So sue me. ;)
  • Lorenz0... The Tre... 2013/01/26 15:31:12
    Lorenz0 W. ElMenzo
    +1
    spoken by a true Liberal Arts major (jk) ! :) M

liberal
  • The Tre... Lorenz0... 2013/01/26 18:52:48
    The Tree of Life
    +1
    hahaha Right. ;)
  • Lorenz0... The Tre... 2013/01/27 01:47:28
    Lorenz0 W. ElMenzo
    +1
    Yea, I am on a toll; That's 2 rights in a row! :)
  • The Tre... Lorenz0... 2013/01/27 02:46:58
    The Tree of Life
    It's almost like you know a few things about me or something....Hmmm. :P
  • Serenit... The Tre... 2013/01/28 06:12:10 (edited)
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    Can I just say TOL my friend I can't believe you took this so seriously, everyone knows that the stuff kids listen to today especially when it is manufactured by Simon Cowell is complete and utter tuneless brain washing noise of mostly teenagers who sing for the teens of today .....but then again you can teach them something about good taste in sounds.....the adults that is lol
    Also I love Super Tramp lol does this mean I am a nerd lmao
    How are you I don't think we have caught up since your unusual literature tree, I hope you had a great Xmas and new year. Hope the year so far has brought you many successes, many laughs and of course many great sounds my friend
    Have a great week XXXSERENITY
  • The Tre... Serenit... 2013/01/28 12:19:24
    The Tree of Life
    Hey there! :) Well, I thought I might as well give an educated, serious answer rather than what I was thinking of saying, which likely would have sounded a bit flippant and rude. haha! And yup, you must be a nerd too - which, believe me, is a compliment! ;)

I'm great, thanks Serenity. My new year is going well, I'm having an awesome second semester of first year college, and making plans to go on a travel abroad field trip for a month to Greece and Turkey with three of favourite profs! Cool, huh? Hope the new year has treated you well too! Best, ---- Tree.
  • Serenit... The Tre... 2013/01/28 16:18:58
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    Excellent, this field trip will add to your grades if I am correct in my thinking. What are you studying in
  • The Tre... Serenit... 2013/01/28 18:17:23
    The Tree of Life
    It will. The trip gives me nine credits in all for three courses: Anthropology, History, and English together. :) As for my program, I am in Liberal Studies. I am loving it so far!
  • Serenit... The Tre... 2013/01/28 18:38:53 (edited)
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    Yes I. Can definitely see why you chose anthropology and history comes with it
    understanding humans and how they have lived through the ages and different cultures in so many countries.......
    No surprise your enjoying learning this, fascinating subject that I don't think you'll ever stop learning new things because man is constantly evolving and changing to the environment it lives in . Also this is a broad subject so really the possibilities for expanding your mind are endless.
  • The Tre... Serenit... 2013/01/29 03:00:35
    The Tree of Life
    I know! :) It IS absolutely fascinating, and there is an endless world of knowledge out there...It's crazy, really, how much I don't know - simple things in genetics or taxonomy, for example. It's amazing, and I love it! <3
  • codie.paul 2013/01/25 16:03:40 (edited)
    codie.paul
    +1
    Alright domination. But seriously why would someone ask such a stupid question? And just to reply i had to say i dont see how. Seriously. And wth is up with his get up? Hahaha. Looks like a gay clown. Wheres the nose and make up? Haha. Wow good answer above, really good. I knew they're fans were nuts but wow. And In that case they arent fans. I like the one post there with Jimmy Fallon. Haha. Hilarious. And Mate, are you for real? Sounds cool. Really nice to see someone posted actual music on here. And seems like we have a girl teenager in here telling people the right things to do. Well thats good and all but a lot of adults already know that and dont need to hear that. Funny but good though.
  • Isabella 2013/01/25 15:17:52
  • Serenit... Isabella 2013/01/28 06:22:33
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    Very true some kids follow their parents taste in music, so really my daughter pretty much has every genre covered when it comes to us.
    Classical to Pink Floyd.....indie to old skool.....electric 80's to disco....motown to Bob Marley

Yeah we certainly aren't allowing our girl to be saturated in this garbage they call music but she still has them in her collection because after all she is still a kid....
    XXXSERENITY
  • Badgerbumface 2013/01/25 14:50:29
  • The Tre... Badgerb... 2013/01/25 16:36:06
    The Tree of Life
    +2
    I think you might be right.
  • Badgerb... The Tre... 2013/01/25 17:32:25
  • The Tre... Badgerb... 2013/01/25 17:54:25
  • Badgerb... The Tre... 2013/01/25 17:57:18
  • The Tre... Badgerb... 2013/01/25 18:00:39
    The Tree of Life
    +2
    I know! More scientific `fluff``, haha. Oh well, at least I don`t listen to Mr. Beaver and No Direction. ;)
  • Badgerb... The Tre... 2013/01/25 18:04:22
  • The Tre... Badgerb... 2013/01/25 18:11:08
    The Tree of Life
    +1
    You, my friend, are a smart coconut! :) What sort of music do you listen to when you aren`t blocking out the cacophony of auto-tuned techno commodities?
  • Badgerb... The Tre... 2013/01/25 18:16:41
  • The Tre... Badgerb... 2013/01/25 18:29:42
    The Tree of Life
    +2
    Yep, a coconut. :) It's a compliment, I promise, haha!

Odd is good. Oddness is what makes the world halfway interesting, don't you think? (And if you want to know my taste in music, check my profile)
  • Badgerb... The Tre... 2013/01/25 18:41:11
  • Mel 2013/01/25 10:50:58
    Mel
    +1
    I cant believe that question really needs an answer just be cause someone listens to gospel music doesnt make them a christian or good thats like saying poop should still be tasty and smell good because thats the way it was when you ate it
  • Roberto 2013/01/25 10:46:45
    Roberto
    +1
    Ladies and gentlemen, the only good thing they did was unlock my closet door physically but singing-wise..... THEY ARE SO TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2014/09/02 12:24:58