Does Lady Gaga Really Have 30 Million Twitter Followers?
SodaHead Celebs 2012/08/29 16:00:00
Lady Gaga has almost 30 million followers, making her the "most followed" celebrity ... or so they say. British company Status People has found that only 29 percent of her followers are "good." Meaning, legit. So, what about the other 71 percent?!
Rob Waller of Status People told The Guardian: "A fake account is set up to follow people or send out spam. They normally have no followers, but follow large numbers of people. An inactive account is one in which there has been no activity for a while. They could be real people, but we would describe them as consumers of information rather than sharers of information. A good account is everything that remains."
Why is this important? These days, the number of Twitter followers a celeb has is often used to determine his or her "worth." So Gaga might not be worth as much as you thought ... at least in the social media world, anyway!
See Votes by State
Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions