Do you think the MTV show "Teen Mom" promotes promiscuity in teenage girls?

Rebecca 2011/03/07 21:53:45
Related Topics: Mtv, Family

• ♥Hannah♥~GSA 2011/04/28 00:49:09
    No, it really shows the heartache and pain that these girls and their familie...
    ♥Hannah♥~GSA
    I think both, but I think it shows most how much it sucks.
  • *~Amelie~* 2011/03/30 06:52:43
    Yes, they think that getting pregnant will help them become famous.
    *~Amelie~*
    +1
    i don't think it's a good idea - it doesn't really show a lot of things realistically. i'm a teenage parent and i didn't get a TV show and a $280,000 paycheck. it just shows the girls who are on the show that having a child can make them money- not cost them a bundle like in reality. once these girls are finished with the show, they won't know what's hit them
  • retrograve 2011/03/07 23:01:42
    retrograve
    Just shows getting pregnant sucks. Didn't need mtv to know that.
  • FunkyMunky 2011/03/07 22:14:36 (edited)
    FunkyMunky
    I thought that it discourages it. Look at all the bad decisions these kids make. Why would anyone want to copy that?

If they think getting pregnant will help them get famous they have bigger problems. Getting pregnant at a young age doesn't make them unique, it just makes them another sad statistic.
  • dman278 2011/03/07 21:58:24
    dman278
    God, I despise "reality" TV. The minute you turn on a camera, there's no longer anything real about it. WTF is a Snookie, anyway?
  • Panloker 2011/03/07 21:56:09
    Panloker
    I never watched it but I would hardly think that a teenage girl with a brain in her head will think "wow, I'm so inspired by this, I totally want to throw my future away to be like her"

2014/10/26 08:44:42