Do you subscribe to Publishers Clearing house ?

Tudie BN 2011/03/24 20:42:03
Related Topics: Friends, House
Yes I do !
No I don't
Other
Welcome Friends, to Tudies Quesations ! Thanks for your reply ! : )

• Nonpartisan 2011/03/27 18:00:10
    Other
    Nonpartisan
    I would not actually use the word subscribe, they sell Magazine subscriptions, more recently they also sell a hodgepodge of other things. In the past I have purchased a number of Magazine subscriptions from them, since their prices were the most reasonable for those that I wanted at the time. I have purchased a few other things from them which I did not find anywhere else. I purchased one of the items that PCH sells for $12 +S&H; at Office Depot for $10 + Tax.

I play their daily Sweepstakes Entries at their site on the Internet, and play some of their free games on the Internet. They actually do give away the money prizes, and as long as you understand that you do not have to buy anything to get the money prizes it is ok. Their prizes are just how they spend their advertising money and keep themselves visible to the public. as far as I know, all of the really big prizes are paid either by the PCH buying an annuity which pays the total prize over 30 years, or at the winners option taking the money which PCH would have spent on the annuity, as a lump sum. The odds are probably about as good as some of the lotteries which people pay for, the difference being that you do not have to pay PCH to enter.

The one caution that I would give anyone who wins this or any other big pri...

The one caution that I would give anyone who wins this or any other big prize is that if the prize is not fully paid out at the time of your death, the IRS rules, the last time that I heard, said that your heirs must pay taxes on the entire amount of the prize payments that are still scheduled to be paid for how many ever years it would take, and those total taxes are not due when they get the money, the total taxes on the full sum are due upon the prize winners death. This usually leaves some very surprised heirs with no money to pay the taxes on the prize and they are forced to sell their inherited prize to con-artists for pennies on the dollar so that they can pay the taxes. It is simpler for everyone when the prizes are paid as a lump sum.
  • Dawn 2011/03/27 04:15:20
    No I don't
    Dawn
    NO never.....
  • Wren77 2011/03/25 17:59:00
    No I don't
    Wren77
    Overpriced. Even magazines cost less if you subscribe directly. Do people really think they are going to win, look at the odds.
    No I don't
    +1
    URRGH ..

Just glad I don't get so much REAL Junk Mail anymore in my Mailbox ...
  • Chris Motionless Girl 2011/03/25 02:09:37
    No I don't
    Chris Motionless Girl
  • themadhare ~IJM 2011/03/25 02:08:24
    No I don't
    themadhare ~IJM
    +2
    never did
  • °andrew° 2011/03/25 00:31:30
    No I don't
    °andrew°
    +3
    I don't even know what they publish! Lol
  • somekindofgurl 2011/03/24 20:49:21
    No I don't
    somekindofgurl
    +3
    Cheese!
    cheese smiley face
  • micheleT BN-O 2011/03/24 20:46:41
    Other
    micheleT BN-O
    +3
    I used to, but never won, so I stopped, lol
  • Gooky 2011/03/24 20:45:47
    No I don't
    Gooky
  • kitkat42 2011/03/24 20:45:22
    No I don't
    kitkat42
    +3
    I admit I used to send it in.
  • Minarchist 2011/03/24 20:43:39
    No I don't
    Minarchist
    +3
    All it is, is a advertisement ploy.

2014/04/18 03:39:06