Do you like the band sentenced?

The heartless 2009/01/29 10:39:23
YEAH I LOVE THE BAND SENTENCED
NO I DON'T LIKE THE BAND SENTENCED
WHO ARE SENTENCED?
UNDECIDED
I love this finnish band there songs are well dark, but awesome... i will say they aren't for the fainthearted! if you don't like scary music you won't love sentenced.
SENTENCED sprung onto the metal scene during the early-to-mid-'90s as a brutal Finnish death metal band. Early albums, Shadows Of The Past and North From Here (an early classic of aggressive, melodic death metal, which some say even influenced the Gothenburg scene) showed the band's musical prowess and incited a rabid generation of followers. The band's death metal career culminated with SENTENCED's first Century Media album, 1995's landmark international release Amok, garnered them worldwide attention. The band followed up Amok with the stopgap Love and Death EP that served as vocalist Taneli Jarva's final SENTENCED record appearance. After Jarva's departure, newcomer Ville Laihiala took up the microphone and the band's musical direction changed on albums Down, Frozen, Crimson, and The Cold White Light to a more melodically driven rock-oriented, melancholic nature which became the template of many of the band's younger countrymen.

"Our wish was always to go out with style and at the peak of our so-called success. I think with The Funeral Album, we will do exactly that. There will not be a reunion, comeback or any other pathetic soap opera-esque circus. SENTENCED will rest in peace. It is with great honor that we invite you to listen to The Funeral Album the final release from metal's fading flower, for with the gift of life are we not all SENTENCED to death.

• Klaus Toivonen 2013/01/17 17:33:27
    YEAH I LOVE THE BAND SENTENCED
    Klaus Toivonen
    +1
    Grew up with them. If u are "undecided" I strongly suggest songs " noose, killing me killing you, nepenthe, cross my heart and hope to die, aika multaa muistot " on youtube u can find their last gig dvd "buried alive". At the beginning dark, last ones include more humor and melodies. senteced, thank you
  • SeloKuolema 2011/04/14 00:28:44
    YEAH I LOVE THE BAND SENTENCED
    SeloKuolema
    +1
    I love them, especially the song 'Neverlasting'.
  • A7X Fan 2009/01/30 01:41:00
    WHO ARE SENTENCED?
    A7X Fan
    +1
    who r they???
  • The hea... A7X Fan 2009/01/30 08:43:02
    The heartless
    SENTENCED sprung onto the metal scene during the early-to-mid-'90s as a brutal Finnish death metal band. Early albums, Shadows Of The Past and North From Here (an early classic of aggressive, melodic death metal, they are from finland....
  • Meat is Murder 2009/01/30 01:20:53
    YEAH I LOVE THE BAND SENTENCED
    Meat is Murder
    +1
    I f'ing LOVE SENTENCED!!!!!!! theyr one of my fav. finnish bands!!!!!!!!
  • Dus "Ruthless" Moore 2009/01/29 11:27:10
    UNDECIDED
    Dus "Ruthless" Moore
    +1
    well i hadnt heard of them so i just checked them out. they are pretty good though not my style of metal. they are more old and classic metal while im into the newer genres of metal like grindcore. but hey i appreciate good music no matter the genre and the modern metals couldnt have generated without the origials
  • Chris Dus "Ru... 2009/03/10 19:17:08
    Chris
    +2
    Grindcore sucks except Pig Destroyer, The Black Dahlia Murder, Cattle Decapitation, Misery Index, Dying Fetus, Aborted, Whitechapel, Job For A Cowboy, Cephalic Carnage, Soilent Green, Carcass, Napalm Death.
  • Dus "Ru... Chris 2009/03/11 04:23:12
    Dus "Ruthless" Moore
    +1
    bra, you gotta listen to your self lol if you like if you like that many grindcore bands i dont see how you can say it sucks
  • Chris Dus "Ru... 2009/03/11 13:39:43
    Chris
    +2
    Anal Cunt and Circle Of Dead Children suck. So does Waking The Cadaver. And the bands I mentioned are not pure grindcore.
  • Dus "Ru... Chris 2009/03/12 06:41:28
    Dus "Ruthless" Moore
    +1
    i apprecitate waking the cadaver's sound although they are fake grindcore, but yeah theres no such thing as a pure genre
  • i-love-pancakes!! 2009/01/29 11:17:54
    WHO ARE SENTENCED?
    i-love-pancakes!!
    +1
    never heard of them , but ill check them out :)

2014/10/21 07:20:04