Do You Know What The Heartagram Stands For / What It's Meaning Is?

Brandi [Bang♥] 2008/01/25 07:56:57
Yes, I know what it means! [Leave a comment saying what you think it means] <3
No! I have no idea what it means!
I don't care!
Okay, i know not everyone is a fan of HIM or the Heartagram. But I sure as hell am ^_^
I have a tattoo of the heartagram on my left inner wrist, and i am sick of hearing people saying to others how stupid people are for getting tattoos of the symbol.
Nobody has said it to me personally, but i hear it all the time.
But what i've noticed is that people think those with the tattoo have gotten is only because of the band itself.
I love HIM, they are my favorite band in the whole entire world. But its the meaning behind the heartagram that made me want to get the tattoo.
A lot of people seem to not know what exactly it is the Heartagram stands for at all. So they just assume its a meaningless thing.

SO

My test for you:

Do you know what the meaning behind the heartagram is???

Lets see who knows...

• AngelwithBrokenWings 2008/01/26 08:09:13
    AngelwithBrokenWings
    +6
    Ville Valo, being the genius that he is, invented the symbol on his 20th birthday, if I am not mistaken. It's a juxtapose between love and hate, good and bad, life and death. It is his version of a yin yang symbol. And it is BRILLIANT.

• chips 2014/02/20 01:41:26
    chips
    Right lets start with the heart it is a symbol of love dun next the pentogram it is inverted thus meening masculen (male) not bad even tho most women would have you think that rofl and yes wika and satanism are diffarent but that dusenot mean we baleave in satan(thats devel worshop) but thats going way off tangent. please excuse the spelling. To sum up, love but in a manly way
  • Ai Yuki 2013/02/25 07:12:24
    Ai Yuki
    It is kinda a good(giving and loving) and evil(self empowering and "prideful") combined thing. working in harmony.. The reverse pentacle, with the earth and fire on the top, can be used as a satanic symbol(Used also by some modern day wiccans. Do not confuse the two. Though they use the same symbol, it is for totally different purposes. It is not evil to Wiccans.) The fire and earth elements represent will and passion. Very descriptive of Satanists, who basically worship themselves. The heart is just what it is..a heart, the symbol of love.
  • EndlessDark616 2012/03/06 05:53:26 (edited)
    EndlessDark616
    Okay everyone knows that the Heartagram is a fusion between a heart and Pentagram, the Pentagram is not pagan like some have stated, that would be the pentacle. "The Heartagram stands for HIM as a band, as an entity, and for love metal in general" - Ville Valo. The symbol was based upon the logo used by the Mehilainen private health care company (Google image it) "I'd been taking the tram from the rehearsal place to my home and passing this sign; I think it came from there. I was drawing, subliminally added the one line to that symbol and it turned into a Pentagram/Heart sort of thing, But it took me along time to understand there had to be a circle around it, like in the Pentagram or Peace symbol, we didn't add the circle until the Love Metal album" - Valo. Well its not my interpretation but just stated the information I've aquired from listen to and reading hours upon hours of HIM interviews, I hope my answer has been useful. Love. EndlessDark616
  • Kerrang-kid 2011/10/18 12:58:55
    No! I have no idea what it means!
    Kerrang-kid
    Ville said in an interview its just a "modern ying yang"
  • Jeff Spacollie 2011/07/27 06:44:45
    No! I have no idea what it means!
    Jeff Spacollie
    until death,,,life embrace.......is how i look at it
  • m4r1mb4 2011/04/03 02:47:39
    m4r1mb4
    I think it's the fusion between a pentagram, a symbol of evil, and a heart, a symbol of goodness and love.
  • darkangel m4r1mb4 2011/09/01 17:49:51
    darkangel
    +2
    the pentagram is not the symbol of evil unless its an inverted pentagram other wise the pentagram is to protect you from evil
  • Lucia m4r1mb4 2012/05/14 05:08:56 (edited)
  • Lildinosaw Lucia 2014/09/30 22:19:38
    Lildinosaw
    +2
    First of all, the pentagram does not mean satanists are evil. There's a huge difference between that as well. Do your research.
  • KathrynMarieVidal 2011/01/04 02:19:19
    KathrynMarieVidal
    It stands for the love of metal in general.
    but for me it stands for love, sacrafice, and trust.
    I tattooed my back with a heartagram as a mock of my husbands... thats what it means and what it means to me
  • himwiccan 2010/12/31 07:03:06
    himwiccan
    I might not know what Valos actual meaning behind it is or what he was thinking when he made the most beautiful modern symbol to date but here is what i get from the symbol and why I wear it on my right forearm (the heart on my sleeve).......I love H.I.M they are the best band ever to hit the airwave........The meaning for me is : Love is the most beautiful emotion you can feel for anyone who is wonderful enough to actually bring that emotion out of you. Love is also the most tormenting emotions you can feel. The heart-a-gram reminds me that love is wonderful and makes life so fun and interesting yet can hurt so bad it makes you depressed and puts you into so much emotional torment that it is true hell. I am 30 years old and have only been in love once in my life it was the most wonderful time of my life and i hope i will meet someone who can cherish me as much as i did him but death had another plan for him and we were parted 6 years ago when i found the band HIM and the symbol and heard what Valo had to say through his powerful lyrics he made me realize that no matter how loves end and how bad it hurts there is always a lighter side and love is worth fighting for
  • LunaLovemetal 2010/08/03 18:22:51
    LunaLovemetal
    +3
    a heartagram is the heart stands for love and the pentagram is used for metal also that love can have an evil side it has nothing to do with satan either or like death just that love has and evil heartbreaking pain
  • daisy 2010/04/10 00:34:00
    daisy
    +3
    yes !! do u no wat is a pentagram is?? i no u do wella pentagram looks alot like tha heartgram . a pentagram is used by satanics yes... him ...didnt wanted to seem evil but he did also so he said pentagram inverted into heartgram heart as if for LOVE and gram or PENTAGRAM as if for evil so think about it!!!
  • himwiccan daisy 2010/12/31 06:51:23
    himwiccan
    +5
    NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO!! The pentagram a pagen symbol for all 5 yes 5 elements of life each point of the star has a purpose and a meaning yea a pentacle is right side up and a pentagram has the point down yea it is the darker side of the craft but if you knew anything about the symbol you would know that the point on top (or bottom) is the point of Spirit, Ether, Soul the other 4 points ar fire,earth air and water yea one is light and one is dark but in these belief systoms there is NO SATAN he does NOT exsist in the religions so before you open your mouth try REAL hard to look up and research your arguement. And even though the pentagram is "evil" in your lil brain it is still no where on this earth related to that imaginary thing called Satan that cathlics and christians tell there kids about to scared them into behaving
  • Lucia himwiccan 2012/05/14 05:11:30 (edited)
    Lucia
    +3
    At least someone gets it!! Theres a huge difference between a Satanist and a Wiccan. I'm glad someone knows that!!!!
  • tankette 2010/01/08 10:34:56
    tankette
    +2
    it aint stupid i have a heartagram on my back. it stand for loave and hate or good and evil etc.
  • DarkSecretLove333 2010/01/05 18:25:21
    DarkSecretLove333
    +2
    love metal...love&hate
  • jack 2009/12/03 13:15:57
    jack
    it means we love satas.... yes we do
  • Fall3nAngel 2009/10/19 23:01:35
    I don't care!
    Fall3nAngel
    Love/Hate Good/Bad Life/Death
  • keri 2009/03/31 21:02:14
    keri
    the heart a gram was make by ville valo...it sands for love and hate....its a heart and a pentagrame..
  • VANESSA VANESSICA VALO 2009/01/25 04:17:23 (edited)
    VANESSA VANESSICA VALO
    HIM is widely recognisable by their heartagram logo. It consists of a heart and a pentagram, which symbolizes the contrast or perfect balance between life and death or love and hatred, or even love and death together. Valo has said that "the heartagram stands for HIM as a band, as an entity, and for 'love metal' in general," and claims the band is a "love metal band". Many fans of the band have gotten tattoos of heartagrams or other emblems associated with the band (such as the single heart on Valo's right wrist), and fan-submitted photos of such tattoos decorated the lyric booklet... band heart valos wrist fan-submitted photos tattoos decorated lyric booklet
  • Justii 2009/01/21 20:07:46
    Justii
    Heartagram is "a combination of a heart and an inverted pentagram (love & hate), created by Ville Valo the day of his twentieth birthday."
    It's like a modern Yin Yang.
    But it's all below my comment^^
  • himmaiden 2009/01/14 03:17:44
    himmaiden
    it represents the juxtaposition of love and hate/anger, or life and death
  • KRYS 2008/12/19 06:54:33
    KRYS
    IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THE YIN AND YANG, THE HEART REPRESENTS LOVE WHILE THE TRIANGLE HATE. TAKEN FROM THE PAGAN/WITCH CRAFT SYMBOLS.. THEY REPRESENT LIFE AND DEATH/ LOVE AND HATE!!!
  • joshua777 2008/12/18 15:11:39
    I don't care!
    joshua777
    if you didnt care you wouldnt have wasted your time posting that dumb ass. but ya the heartagram represents the balance of love and death
  • ..... 2008/12/16 22:38:17
  • Corwynn 2008/12/16 03:03:29
  • wonder_whatsnext 2008/12/08 18:58:25
    wonder_whatsnext
    I have a heartagram tattoo on my right wrist. While I love the band HIM I got the tatttoo for more personal reasons. It represents the struggles I went through when my dad passed away last year. I felt so many emotions..love & hate. Understanding the balance between life & death. I don't care if anyone thinks they symbol is stuipd. I love it.
  • Brandi ... wonder_... 2008/12/08 20:14:35
    Brandi [Bang♥]
    yah. i have it on my left wrist, for similar reasons. and some people just don't understand it, but that's fine. you can't please everyone, and i don't aim to. even one of my good friends said it was "stupid", but that's his opinion and it doesn't alter mine, so i just laughed it off.

sorry about your dad passing. <3
  • krashin 2008/11/10 16:45:03
    krashin
    it represents both love and death. The balance of good and bad in life.
  • monkey 2008/10/27 23:13:51
    monkey
    love
  • caz_7 2008/10/03 06:35:58
    caz_7
    It has a part meaning. Partly love (the heart) and partly pentagram, the sign of pagan religion.
  • mrs.valo 2008/09/12 23:47:59
    mrs.valo
    thank god someone else has a heartagram tattoo i have it on my chest but yes it hims own ying yang its love and hate life and death good and bad
  • Brandi ... mrs.valo 2008/11/22 00:33:32
    Brandi [Bang♥]
    :)
  • himfan1988 2008/08/31 12:23:08
    himfan1988
    It means the balance between love and death and good and bad
  • Michelle 2008/08/15 00:39:11
    Michelle
    It's a symbol for the cross between love and hate, life and death, good and bad. It's HIM's very own yin yang.
  • britt 2008/08/06 13:51:36
    britt
    The heartagram stands for love/hate, or "love metal", because it is the heart, and an inverted pentagram on it. From what I heard it is the yin-yang kind of balance. I might be a little wrong, but. that's the best way I can explain it.
  • Brandi ... britt 2008/11/22 00:33:04
    Brandi [Bang♥]
    :) No you're not wrong as far as I'm concerned.
  • random 2008/08/05 19:06:30
    random
    the meaning behind this symbol is a balance of good and bad, witch are the two main themes in life and the common theme in Valo's lyrics.
  • Jesse Valo 2008/07/19 04:15:39
    Jesse Valo
    its is symbol between love and hate/ life and death

2014/11/26 13:57:00