Do you agree? Are conservatives using twisted logic to explain the election results?

L.A. Times 2012/11/12 15:31:00
President Obama’s reelection has caused right-wingers to become completely unhinged. They are purple-faced and apoplectic, convinced that an ignorant horde of government-dependent social leeches has destroyed traditional America and banished God from the country.

obama

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/topoftheticke...

• zbacku 2012/11/12 20:47:11
    zbacku
    +51
    Facts are facts. The country has been stolen by those that would rather get freebies and take from the productive citizens, thus destroying America as we know it.

• Bob P. Clarkson 2013/01/31 06:33:42
    Bob P. Clarkson
    I am neither unhinged, purple-faced or apoplectic.

There is more than enough evidence to support the claim of social leeches, dependent on the federal government for housing, food and phones destroying America's tradition of learning in order to become a productive member of society and being responsible for the actions they take or don't take.

As for the comment about banishing God from our country, you are trying to claim he and a long line of liberals before him aren't attempting to do exactly that. That is unless you are talking about the god worshiped by the Muslims. The god that allows marital rape. The god that allows it's followers to lie to advance the cause of Islam. The god that claims even the bushes and rocks will give up unbelievers to be killed. The god that says if a woman is physically attacked, her family should stone her to death for disgracing her family but there is no sin on the attacker(s). The god who says that he can change his mind and that whatever he said last if the real truth.

Oh? Right
  • Les P. PhD 2012/12/26 21:10:09
    Les P. PhD
    "horde of government-dependent social leeches has destroyed traditional America and banished God from the country." The Horde WOULD, of course, disagree...
    Welcome to the USSA -- the dictatorship of the 53%
  • J L 2012/11/20 04:04:59 (edited)
    J L
    Is that cartoon supposed to be funny? It feels all too real to me. Does that make me apoplectic or unhinged? No. Hardly. Obama barely won over 50% of the popular vote (by a fraction of a percent), which means very nearly 50% of voting Americans do NOT agree with his policy or direction for Our Country. Hardly a majority. When HALF of us don't feel heard, and like our half's interests don't seem to be of a concern to the president or the senate at all, what would you expect? When HALF of us don't like the direction we feel he (and the senate) are stampeding us in, what would you expect? When HALF of us want something entirely different, you would think that there would be some concessions to that. But we haven't seen it in 4 years, and I don't see it now. The democrats seem to think they won and that's what American's want... but only 50.xx% want that. When will they address what the other 50% of us want?? The one's I've observed as purple-faced and apoplectic over the past couple of years, and even now defending the election results are not the so-called right-wingers--far more often it is the left-wingers. What really gets me are the folks who want us to just "get over it"... they won, we lost... done. Yeah, but only because of the electoral college. So while you are asking u...
    Is that cartoon supposed to be funny? It feels all too real to me. Does that make me apoplectic or unhinged? No. Hardly. Obama barely won over 50% of the popular vote (by a fraction of a percent), which means very nearly 50% of voting Americans do NOT agree with his policy or direction for Our Country. Hardly a majority. When HALF of us don't feel heard, and like our half's interests don't seem to be of a concern to the president or the senate at all, what would you expect? When HALF of us don't like the direction we feel he (and the senate) are stampeding us in, what would you expect? When HALF of us want something entirely different, you would think that there would be some concessions to that. But we haven't seen it in 4 years, and I don't see it now. The democrats seem to think they won and that's what American's want... but only 50.xx% want that. When will they address what the other 50% of us want?? The one's I've observed as purple-faced and apoplectic over the past couple of years, and even now defending the election results are not the so-called right-wingers--far more often it is the left-wingers. What really gets me are the folks who want us to just "get over it"... they won, we lost... done. Yeah, but only because of the electoral college. So while you are asking us to "get over it"... remember you are talking to 50% of Americans.... asking them to get over it and go along with a direction they simply don't believe in. Why is your 50% more important than my 50%? I think "our" president and "our" senate have an obligation to represent more than 50% of Americans!! And I just don't see that happening.
  • jammer J L 2014/07/31 01:19:46
    jammer
    2012 election results were 62,615,406 votes (51%) for President Obama, with 332 electoral votes; and 59,142,004 (48%) votes for Mitt Romney, with 206 electoral votes.

Good old boy George Bush lost the popular vote to Al Gore in 2000. 62,615,406 votes (51%) for President Obama, with 332 electoral votes; and 59,142,004 (48%) votes for Mitt Romney, with 206 electoral votes.
  • Sordido 2012/11/18 17:02:56
    Sordido
    Sadly, their logic actually makes sense to them.
  • J L Sordido 2012/11/20 04:12:30
    J L
    +7
    Yes it does. But not sadly. Logically.
  • Bilingual required sucks 2012/11/18 03:05:55 (edited)
    Bilingual required sucks
    "Twisted Logic" is far too kind.....conservatives have no logic to begin with, so they cannot twist what does not exist.
  • J L Bilingu... 2012/11/20 04:13:48
    J L
    +8
    You are discussing liberals, correct?
  • Bilingu... J L 2012/11/20 11:20:54
    Bilingual required sucks
    Think again
  • JT For Political Reform 2012/11/17 20:38:06
    JT For Political Reform
    +2
    To the libs, truth is twisted logic.
  • 81sp 2012/11/17 13:56:38
    81sp
    there behavoir after words suggest that they are poor losers, like they were in 2008.
    nothing has changed.
  • J L 81sp 2012/11/20 04:17:32
    J L
    +10
    Did you mean "their behavior?" Oh, please. And how did the libs sound in 2010? Own up to your own behavior. And if you want to throw stones at poor losers, how about throwing a few at ungracious winners? Especially when only half the country is in a like mindset. To hear the liberals talk, you'd think the win meant we all felt the same. 50% of us DO NOT. That is HALF of us. That should be enough for a little bit of graciousness. Because HALF of us are STUCK with the choice of the other HALF. And we don't like it. WOULD YOU?
  • 81sp J L 2012/11/21 15:02:44
    81sp
    i would be gracious if you folks could lose with dignity. i do understand that losing is not easy, but lets not get carried away. as far as 50% goes. this is a very divided and polararized country, i think he wound up at 51.9% and won by 3.4 million votes.
    that to me is a mandate. it is not mandate to get carried away i grant you that.
    but a mandate none the less. if you remember back to 2000 bush won the electoral vote by 4 votes and lost the popular vote and claimed a mandate. so i would say looking at history that a mandate is what you make of it.
  • jon 2012/11/16 20:32:03
    jon
    +3
    This whole thread is ignorant. "right-wingers to become completely unhinged" not likely. "They are purple-faced and apoplectic", again no way that is a liberals deportment. "Convinced that an ignorant horde of government-dependent social leeches has destroyed traditional America", again not even close we know how ever that the left have nurtured and deceived a large and growing group of welfare types (many not very bright) as voting block to gain their socialism based power structure for their own ends, and that THEY the left yes wish to "banish God from the country" because no god fearing (or maybe they fear god the most) Person could enslave or eliminate, as they will find to be required, when they can no longer support them with so few producers left to support it all. The sad part is that so few of the deceived (and free lunch believers) can or will see it coming. they just cannot figure out why the FCC and the National Weather Service has bought so much small arms ammunition, most (if they even know or think)probably think it is for target practice, but what is the target? Purple-faced and apoplectic, not at all, many like myself expected this outcome wished otherwise but being realistic, especially with the electronic voting that is so secure and reliable..................
    This whole thread is ignorant. "right-wingers to become completely unhinged" not likely. "They are purple-faced and apoplectic", again no way that is a liberals deportment. "Convinced that an ignorant horde of government-dependent social leeches has destroyed traditional America", again not even close we know how ever that the left have nurtured and deceived a large and growing group of welfare types (many not very bright) as voting block to gain their socialism based power structure for their own ends, and that THEY the left yes wish to "banish God from the country" because no god fearing (or maybe they fear god the most) Person could enslave or eliminate, as they will find to be required, when they can no longer support them with so few producers left to support it all. The sad part is that so few of the deceived (and free lunch believers) can or will see it coming. they just cannot figure out why the FCC and the National Weather Service has bought so much small arms ammunition, most (if they even know or think)probably think it is for target practice, but what is the target? Purple-faced and apoplectic, not at all, many like myself expected this outcome wished otherwise but being realistic, especially with the electronic voting that is so secure and reliable........................ hey whats the problem with having a few hundred or thousand votes more than registered voters (and not one of the votes in the district for Romney, naw that does not stretch credibility not for liberal). Just think not one mistake in voting by several thousand democrats, that has to be a history making event. Actually for a liberal the history making part is that the republicans did not tamper with even one vote.......fantastic.....REAL...
  • Dennis 2012/11/16 14:36:34
    Dennis
    +2
    Keep in mind many conservative people do not necessarily believe in god - it is just the ridiculous overspending and the socialist crap that we don't believe in - less government - not big brother.
  • J L Dennis 2012/11/20 04:28:43
    J L
    +6
    That's absolutely correct. Although I don't see what's wrong with believing in God. Why are liberals so afraid of letting people believe in God? Most people who believe in God are better for it. (Sure there are lunatics in every religion, and in many other parts of society, including POLITICS!). In this country, historically, people have had a right to believe in God if they want to and to worship as they wanted to. I don't think the government has a right to tell people to believe in God or NOT to believe in God. Sometimes I get the sense that liberals are very threatened by anyone who does believe. Yet while they preach tolerance and diversity, they do not tolerate people who believe in God. Tolerance doesn't necessarily mean mutual tolerance. And tolerance doesn't mean agreement. Tolerance means it's OK to say "I don't agree with you, but I accept your right to believe something different than I do." I'd like to see Liberals be as "tolerant" of Conservatives, as they want Conservatives to be of all them and their beliefs.
  • shydreamguy 2012/11/16 14:34:11 (edited)
    shydreamguy
    +1
    Robert who voted No to this Question has Blocked me and he will Block anyone who doesnt agree with him from expessing thier Opinion on any subject How Un-American of him.
    Sore Loosers. if People like Mitt Romney want to, they can give up thier US Citizenship In Writting and move Overseas were they send thier money to hide it to keep from paying Taxes on it. were they sent our jobs Overseas i think they will be happyer .
  • jon shydrea... 2012/11/16 19:51:04
  • remy jon 2012/11/17 19:49:39
    remy
    +2
    NO...the "left" didn't do that. A few idiots on twitter did that. And there were also a LOT of right wingers threatening violence if Obama won. There are idiots on both sides.
  • jon remy 2012/11/17 20:10:42
    jon
    +3
    I will give you the "There are idiots on both sides." that cannot be argued.
  • shydrea... jon 2012/11/17 20:37:14
    shydreamguy
    well , Unlike Robert, i will say 1 thing for you, you didnt block anyone to keep them from speaking thier mind Even if they dont agree with you.I respect that. You dont Know me Yet You make all these Judgments. that is kind of anoying but at least you allowed me to respond unlike Robert.
  • jon shydrea... 2012/11/17 21:50:05
    jon
    +1
    You did make a lot of blanket statements most commensurate with the election supper-packs splash pages it does not bespeak of one who is studied and thoughtful in their opinion, Romney played no part to this ti-raid, and the so called "unhinged" I know few conservatives that are reacting in any near leaving the country. I think most are as I am dismayed by the direction of the country the loss of moral compass, me first gimme mentality I have lived in the other world and see more and more rote following of the freebee cradle to grave accept any thing mentality, and it does make me angry, it is my world that you want to change, and the change is too more not less corruption , more deification and blind allegiance not less, and though the liberal speak of "green" and sustainability they follow a path that is falling completely apart. dieing in a flurry of debt. Romney is not the rich that is destroying us he is not even really rich, George Sorous is the low end of rich (he purports to be socialist / very left). but they are not the real problem we are , and our vote buying politicians, or do you NOT get that OBAMA-PHONES are buying votes of the ignorant and yes the stupid? WE as Americans have lost it big time they call it "there is no free lunch" , it is a law of physics you ca...
    You did make a lot of blanket statements most commensurate with the election supper-packs splash pages it does not bespeak of one who is studied and thoughtful in their opinion, Romney played no part to this ti-raid, and the so called "unhinged" I know few conservatives that are reacting in any near leaving the country. I think most are as I am dismayed by the direction of the country the loss of moral compass, me first gimme mentality I have lived in the other world and see more and more rote following of the freebee cradle to grave accept any thing mentality, and it does make me angry, it is my world that you want to change, and the change is too more not less corruption , more deification and blind allegiance not less, and though the liberal speak of "green" and sustainability they follow a path that is falling completely apart. dieing in a flurry of debt. Romney is not the rich that is destroying us he is not even really rich, George Sorous is the low end of rich (he purports to be socialist / very left). but they are not the real problem we are , and our vote buying politicians, or do you NOT get that OBAMA-PHONES are buying votes of the ignorant and yes the stupid? WE as Americans have lost it big time they call it "there is no free lunch" , it is a law of physics you cannot create something from nothing, you can alter it for better or worse or change its location (but even that requires addition of something else) but something cannot come from nothing. No I do not and cannot respect the post or you and it made me angry to see the blatant broad brush stupidity contained there in. Both Parties have paved this path to hell and there is plenty of stupidity on both sides, and I do not like ether brand thank you very much.
  • J L shydrea... 2012/11/20 04:39:47
    J L
    +11
    "You don't know me yet you make all these judgments"... you say that, but don't you do that, too?
  • J L shydrea... 2012/11/20 04:36:26
    J L
    +11
    Sore loser (not looser)? What about poor winners? When HALF of us don't agree with the results, it's hardly gracious to call us "sore losers"... you only have HALF the American people in the same camp. HALF of us disagree with you. Should we be happy that we are now stuck with a president and senate that have fundamentally different fiscal and social beliefs than we do? You cannot expect that. On the other hand, I could suggest that perhaps half of Americans would be happier in Europe (Greece, France, etc.) where things are already as socialistic as they would like. Then the other half of us could happily live here in a more capitalistic, free market environment, with small government... I don't know that there is another place in the world like this. I'd rather not see America changing to be more like Europe. Mitt Romney is a good man who pays taxes according to the tax code. You can't blame him for the tax code. He didn't write it.
  • shydrea... J L 2012/11/21 07:25:03
    shydreamguy
    Im a Progressive Conservative. I dont have anything against You Both parties need to work Together to make things better. Im Dont beleave this nation is turning Socialist and i wouldnt want it to .
    To me Mitt Romney is a Bigoted Lier as a buisnessman He sent American jobs Overseas and sends his money Overseas to Keep From Paying Taxes On It.
    Oh and Since im a Legal American Citizen I should have Equal Rights and he would have taken my rights away because im Gay.
    I see that as a Hate Crime !!
    I dont care what anyones Religon is but trying to Use Thier Religion to keep Any American from having Equal Rights is Wrong and i wont sit back and let it happen.
  • Delete 2012/11/16 05:16:49
  • J L Delete 2012/11/20 04:52:34
    J L
    +12
    That seems flawed logic to me... who's blaming anyone for their failure? People try to analyze it and explain it. That isn't blame. And, frankly, I don't know why anyone would have been "pushed away" at all (other than based on the "class" arguments put forth by the obama camp). Even if I didn't want the Republican candidate (such as in 2008), I wouldn't have voted for a third party and risk my vote not counting, or "counting" in its absence. I was far more concerned about NOT having the "big government" contention in office, so if necessary, I would vote AGAINST the least desirable candidate as much as I would vote FOR the most desirable candidate to me. People who chose to vote for a third party or not at all because they didn't like either, just shot themselves in the foot, in my opinion. Of course, if forced to choose between only Obama and Romney, maybe they would have chosen Obama and then Obama would have had a better than a 50% vote of the people. I doubt it though, because by NOT voting for him in the first place means they don't agree with his policies... they just also didn't agree with Romney's. I hope they are happy with their decision, but the fact is that they did not vote for obama, so obama only has HALF of Americans on his side. The other half are not in agreement with him or his policies. It's too bad he doesn't seem to realize that.
  • Pm 2012/11/15 19:00:13
    Pm
    +2
    what's twisted
  • gatelime 2012/11/15 18:28:02
    gatelime
    I meant maybe...
  • the spoiler 2012/11/15 18:20:30
    the spoiler
    +1
    They are using twisted logic but they'er not explaining anything
  • BULLDOG... the spo... 2012/11/16 01:04:47
    BULLDOGBlacksmith
    +1
    you're not paying attention
  • the spo... BULLDOG... 2012/11/16 13:44:04
    the spoiler
    I think I am
  • J L the spo... 2012/11/20 04:54:37
    J L
    +1
    You only perceive it as twisted because you don't agree with it. There is plenty of analyzing and explaining going on. Quit listening to left wing stuff only. Get a balanced view...
  • the spo... J L 2012/11/20 15:13:47
    the spoiler
    " Lowing taxes will save $5 trillion, " come on man. I watch FOX news more than I watch ANY news station so I do know twisted logic when I see it.
  • CT NEOCON 2012/11/15 17:33:34
    CT NEOCON
    +3
    It's not unhinged to love your country and lament its passing from a superpower into the also ran category. Thank you Imam Obama
  • 81sp CT NEOCON 2012/11/17 14:06:08
    81sp
    no you are correct on that, but being poor losers is quite childish. this is the second cycle in a row that the right has acted like poor losers and it gets rather old. one must embrace democracy when you win and when you lose. i agree it is far tougher weh you lose but
    losing is a part of life. in 2004 i was on the losing side, i tried to convince people that two wars
    and mindless tax cuts and run away spending on any thing and every thing would severly hurt this country, that far back i understood the economy was being left to its own devoces
    and was heating up beyond control, but people did not listen and they went in a different direction. i wass not happy but i did not pout and i did not phony excuses about voter fraud
    and what have you. democracy went in a different direction and i lost, happens.
    lose with dignaty and do not make excuses, there is a difference between arguments of what should have been done and blaming every excuse that comes down the road.
  • J L 81sp 2012/11/20 05:01:12
    J L
    +1
    Where were you in 2010? Might I add, being a poor, ungracious winner is also quite childish, and there seem to be a lot of them typing away out there. Most of them were speaking a different tune before the election (more angry, less arrogant). Also, when you barely win (like by a fraction of a percent), it's hardly a time to gloat. When 50% of the American people do not agree with obama/senate policy and direction for the country, I don't think you can expect them to roll over and take it. If we were closer to a minority %, that would be one thing, but when only half the people agree with you, it's time to compromise, not cram it down their throats and tell them to like it. I'm not into being a "battered spouse", not even figuratively.
  • Big Battles 2012/11/15 15:31:26
    Big Battles
    dammit... clicked wrong... yes there using stupid logic!

You voted Obama, get over it.
  • J L Big Bat... 2012/11/20 05:12:13
    J L
    +1
    No one here voted Obama. And 50% of Americans DID NOT. So don't ask 50% of us to roll over for the other 50%. Or expect us to like it.. so you can get over that idea! If it was 20% or 30% (maybe even 40%).... but 50%?? NO. That's 50% who don't like his ideas, and do NOT WANT THEM. I'm not going to just "go along" with something I don't believe in. You clicked right.
  • Big Bat... J L 2012/11/22 04:23:31
    Big Battles
    "Are conservatives using twisted logic to explain election results?"
    No I clicked wrong...

anyway, I may only be 15 but I'm smart enough to know - if hes still president... the majority must have voted for him. No need to rage.

2014/12/21 04:05:05