Do citizens have a right to know the governor’s whereabouts?

L.A. Times 2012/12/04 18:51:33
The secretary of State is the acting governor of Arizona, his spokesman said Tuesday morning -- and, like most in the state Capitol, he has no idea where the actual governor is.

A bit of a mystery is unfolding this week in Phoenix. Gov. Jan Brewer’s office sent Secretary of State Ken Bennett a customary notification that she would be out of the state for a week. But her office has declined to disclose where she has gone. Her spokesman did not return emails or phone calls but told the Associated Press that he could not respond to questions about the governor’s whereabouts.

governor

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na...

• Todd Parsons 2012/12/05 01:14:19
    Todd Parsons
    +8
    People have a right to privacy...UNLESS it's job related. Like when 4 americans are being killed in Benghazi while people are watching real time..... people should know where the president was

• wildcat 2012/12/08 04:55:12
    wildcat
    We know where Jan is. She is hiding from all those California farmers who couldn't get their crops harvested because of the lack of migrant workers.
  • the fuze 2012/12/07 20:10:46
    the fuze
    I'm sure it will be disclosed at some point.
  • mm61675 2012/12/07 19:53:28
    mm61675
  • jere.chievres 2012/12/07 18:23:28 (edited)
    jere.chievres
    Of course. See below!
  • jere.ch... jere.ch... 2012/12/07 18:30:29
    jere.chievres
    Article
    Comments (0)

News » Politics » Article
    Transcript of Brewer’s Afghanistan trip

SHARE URL EMAIL
    FONT: A A A
    By Yvonne Wingett Sanchez The Republic | azcentral.com Thu Dec 6, 2012 6:57 AM

Gov. Jan Brewer this week traveled to Afghanistan to visit the troops. Here is a transcript of part of her phone interview with media Wednesday morning. While the entire conversation is not included in the transcript, the included portions have not been edited for content. Phrases in which the audio was unclear were eliminated.

Question: Tell us a little bit about your trip.

Answer: Good evening to all of you. It has been an absolutely, a most fascinating trip that I think I’ve ever been on. We just landed now by helicopter, but we started out this morning out of Kuwait and flew up to, up to Kandahar and visited people up there. And then we moved on to some other bases. We have just been traveling all day long, meeting and greeting with all the military people here, including our National Guard, and visiting with them, and I had lunch and dinner with them at two different camps – and that was the Apache helicopter unit. And it has just been unimaginable as we sit over there, on the mainland, if you will, and see and hear everything that’s going on. It’s just really different to be ov...
    Article
    Comments (0)

News » Politics » Article
    Transcript of Brewer’s Afghanistan trip

SHARE URL EMAIL
    FONT: A A A

Answer: Good evening to all of you. It has been an absolutely, a most fascinating trip that I think I’ve ever been on. We just landed now by helicopter, but we started out this morning out of Kuwait and flew up to, up to Kandahar and visited people up there. And then we moved on to some other bases. We have just been traveling all day long, meeting and greeting with all the military people here, including our National Guard, and visiting with them, and I had lunch and dinner with them at two different camps – and that was the Apache helicopter unit. And it has just been unimaginable as we sit over there, on the mainland, if you will, and see and hear everything that’s going on. It’s just really different to be over here and see the kinds of people that are serving our country. Only America’s finest young and women, fathers and daughters and mothers. And they are very disciplined and they are very courageous and they are very proud of what they’re doing. And what a splendid job they’re doing—it’s just absolutely amazing. And it is a thing that I wish everybody could experience, but I hope when I get back I have the opportunity certainly to share everything that I gleaned from this trip with them.
  • David 2012/12/07 18:18:31
    David
    +1
    24x7x365. Citizens ought to be able to watch their elected officials take a dump if they want to. I DGARA about ANY "privacy" for elected officials (or bureaucraps, for that matter). Their entire lives should be an open book, scrutinized in every detail. Put 'em in a fish bowl and hit 'em with (metaphorical *sigh* There is that pesky Eighth Amendment... ) cattle prods when they get out of line.
  • DavidK 2012/12/07 18:13:15
    DavidK
    +1
    We all know where Obama and his family will be on their 20 day 40 million dollar christmas vacation. Where are you going on your 20 day vacation and who's paying for you to go?
  • Todd The Libertarian 2012/12/07 16:52:51
    Todd The Libertarian
    Jan Brewer probably is in a straight jacket somewhere.Or a Klan meeting.
  • jere.ch... Todd Th... 2012/12/07 18:25:40
    jere.chievres
    You are an @$$hat.
  • Todd Th... jere.ch... 2012/12/10 16:16:08
    Todd The Libertarian
    You are inbred n homeschooled.
  • jere.ch... Todd Th... 2012/12/10 16:26:45
    jere.chievres
    Your Ignorance is showing.
  • Todd Th... jere.ch... 2012/12/10 23:19:14
    Todd The Libertarian
    You are Ignorant enough to follow a bunch of tea wackers.You are a stooge of Grover n Billo the luffa.
  • jere.ch... Todd Th... 2012/12/11 01:23:31
    jere.chievres
    And you are too stupid to read the facts of the case! I am done with you.

News » Politics » Article
    Transcript of Brewer’s Afghanistan trip

SHARE URL EMAIL
    FONT: A A A

• Todd Th... jere.ch... 2012/12/11 15:41:14
    Todd The Libertarian
    Brewer is tea wacko from out of space.They should lock her up in a padded cell.
    +1
    Damn thing voted no and I wanted YES!

You bet we have a right to know when the Governor is out of the state.

And you bet your bippy I want to know if she spent state money on this little trip of hers. If she did I'm going to sue to make her pay it all back.
  • wtxwoman 2012/12/07 05:25:13
    wtxwoman
    All the time, I don't think so. I don't care because she's not my governor. I don't know where Rick Perry is, I don't want to know, I don't want to think about him, period!
  • Mel 2012/12/07 05:19:13
    Mel
    +1
    Unless this is an emergency situation
  • legalamericanwoman 2012/12/07 04:09:44 (edited)
    legalamericanwoman
    +3
    she agreed to be the governor of the state of Arizona. She is an employee of the state of Arizona, and is to be available 24/7. She has zero rights to incommunicado status. She is just an elected employee who agreed to be governor 24/7... NOT a ruler or queen or owner of state tax payers.

PEOPLE JUST HAVE TO GET THIS " GOVERNMENT PEOPLE CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT " mentality stupidity OUT of their frickin minds.

If she does not want to BE Az governor 24/7 then she needs to get out. AND she had better tell everyone where she is.

I personally would love to know if she is in Hawaii this minute.

Current Az .gov website http://www.azgovernor.gov/dms...
  • jere.ch... legalam... 2012/12/11 01:24:45
    jere.chievres
    Read the facts before you spout your stupid crap.

News » Politics » Article
    Transcript of Brewer’s Afghanistan trip

SHARE URL EMAIL
    FONT: A A A

• legalam... jere.ch... 2012/12/17 01:53:35
    legalamericanwoman
    uh huh. Saw that , but also saw many many other reports .
  • legalam... legalam... 2012/12/17 01:54:30
    legalamericanwoman
    Things like Benghazi ring any bells?
  • Alex Goldsmith 2012/12/07 03:13:19
    Alex Goldsmith
    +3
    once you become governor, you need to live up to a higher standard. then, you don't need to hide anything
  • jere.ch... Alex Go... 2012/12/11 01:25:26
    jere.chievres
    Read and learn somthing.

News » Politics » Article
    Transcript of Brewer’s Afghanistan trip

SHARE URL EMAIL
    FONT: A A A

• Alex Go... jere.ch... 2012/12/11 20:38:48
    Alex Goldsmith
    thanks, but I am usually contradicted whenever I post anything. I don't see anything contradictory, so please inform me if this was intended to be a hostile reply.
  • jere.ch... Alex Go... 2012/12/11 21:25:05
    jere.chievres
    No it was not but, I think you are just complaining too much,
  • Alex Go... jere.ch... 2012/12/11 21:44:49
    Alex Goldsmith
    +1
    true. discontent is of nature, but I will try to be a bit more optimistic.
  • Mary Mary 2012/12/06 22:36:20
    Mary Mary
    +1
    Might be like the series Boss, he may be hiding in a Canadian hospital getting treatment.
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/12/06 22:31:48
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +4
    Governors are Public servants, not private citizens. Tax payers want to know that their money isn't being squandered. And if President Obama up and went missing, Jan Brewer would be front in line demanding an explanation where he was, what he was doing, and how much it cost the taxpayer. That's before all the conspiracy theories started rolling out.
  • legalam... The Eli... 2012/12/07 04:44:28
    legalamericanwoman
    +2
    Az taxpayers are not allowed to know her whereabouts no matter what you see her supporters stating .

http://www.azgovernor.gov/dms...
  • jere.ch... legalam... 2012/12/11 01:27:41
    jere.chievres
    Read the facts then you would not appear stupid.
    Article
    Comments (0)

News » Politics » Article
    Transcript of Brewer’s Afghanistan trip

SHARE URL EMAIL
    FONT: A A A

• jere.ch... The Eli... 2012/12/11 01:26:28
    jere.chievres
    If you could read you would know where she was and what she did.
  • kobidobidog 2012/12/06 21:30:00
    kobidobidog
    +1
    It is his business where he is and where he is not. To say otherwise is being a dictator to the governor. Mind your own business.
  • Lanikai 2012/12/06 18:58:55 (edited)
    +5
    But only to the point of safety and continuity of government. If Jan Brewer is having a breast cancer surgery, no one really needs to know that.

If she is in rehab, they do need to know.

Like with Rep Jackson from Illinois disappearing for MONTHS then admitting he was at rehab. Sometimes, people need to know/ Of course, even knowing they reelected his dog sorry, 2 timing scumsucking, bottom feeding rump.
  • legalam... Lanikai 2012/12/07 04:12:12 (edited)
    legalamericanwoman
    +2
    She agreed to be gov 24/7, even surgery or rehab has no hiding from the tax payer. Everything is the tax payers business when they are paying for it. That IS the price an elected official pays for choosing to be elected and paid by the tax payers. It is not a forever price. Just for the elected time .

I kind of suspect she is in Hawaii, Lanikai.

CURRENT Az website. http://www.azgovernor.gov/dms...
  • Lanikai legalam... 2012/12/07 14:42:41
    +2
    Except in saftey issues, which another respondant pointed out, this is. She is in Afghanistan visiting the troops. They always keep those occasions secret.

I agree we have a right to know, but if it is a medical thing, like a cancer surgery then I would expect some privacy until the family and such are at terms with what is coming.

I agree that we should know where they are-but I never hear anyone complaining when obama disappears for hours and hours or when Biden disappears for weeks at a time.
  • legalam... Lanikai 2012/12/08 02:26:27
    legalamericanwoman
    +1
    I stand by my thinking she is currently in Hawaii.
  • Lanikai legalam... 2012/12/08 15:06:36
  • jere.ch... legalam... 2012/12/11 01:29:56
    jere.chievres
    Your wrong .

News » Politics » Article
    Transcript of Brewer’s Afghanistan trip

SHARE URL EMAIL
    FONT: A A A

• jere.ch... legalam... 2012/12/11 01:29:06
    jere.chievres
    Your stupidity is showing read the facts.
    Article
    Comments (0)

News » Politics » Article
    Transcript of Brewer’s Afghanistan trip

SHARE URL EMAIL
    FONT: A A A

• jere.ch... Lanikai 2012/12/11 01:28:12
    jere.chievres
    Read the facts!

News » Politics » Article
    Transcript of Brewer’s Afghanistan trip

SHARE URL EMAIL
    FONT: A A A

2014/10/23 04:02:42