Do Celebrities Have a Responsibility To Set a Better Example for Their Fans?

Related Topics: Celebrities, Celebrity, Style
Yes.
Nope.
I think...

• Artemis ~PHAET 2011/03/04 15:10:36
    I think...
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +8
    I think that setting a good example for their fans should be at the very least in the back of the minds of especially the younger celebrities that kids idolize, but at the same time, we have to remember that celebrities are still people (a majority of them being adult people). They are living their lives just as the rest of us are. They are going to make bad decisions sometimes just as the rest of us do, and we shouldn't really expect so much more of them just because they're over-paid for their jobs.

• Brosia 2011/04/14 00:43:17
    I think...
    Brosia
    They are encouraged to be larger than life. I don't know how they handle the pressure of being perfect every minute of everyday. I couldn't do it. Hounded by photographers every minute of everyday, detailing the stupidest, most pointless things, but it is the general public's fault. We are obsessed with these people, just because they happen to be great at pretending to be someone else for a while. We should be ashamed of ourselves.
  • LadyBabyBey 2011/03/22 12:51:03
    I think...
    LadyBabyBey
    +1
    yes celebs have to atleast watch what theyre doing if theyre doing it in front of kids underage ...but the fans above 18 should know which cleb to make their role model.
  • zack 2011/03/21 01:33:16
    I think...
    zack
    +1
    I meant to click no. They arent babysitters
  • ☺♥.•°Bəth°•.☻ 2011/03/19 09:43:10
    Nope.
    ☺♥.•°Bəth°•.☻
    +1
    But that still doesn't stop me from getting disappointed when one of them "doesn't set a good example." =|
  • I think...
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ D. Plexippus Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    +1
    RESPONSIBILITY - is not Mandatory.....Celebrity has their own private life...it depends how they are being Tag/Labeled by the MEDIA...that creates their image... mandatory celebrity private life depends taglabeled media creates image caught in the act  funny
  • Bill Ward 2011/03/08 04:34:56
    Yes.
    Bill Ward
    +1
    Yes they should at least try to set a better example.They may not have asked for it,but they are role models.
  • C. C. Rider 2011/03/07 12:11:25
    I think...
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    IT would be nice if they tried, but ehhhh what ever.
  • Myrle Hulme 2011/03/07 06:09:56
    Yes.
    Myrle Hulme
    +1
    I think so, considering how many people ape them
  • Flea 2011/03/07 05:32:15
    Yes.
    Flea
    +1
    I believe so. They get their money and their lifestyle from the people who watch them/listen to them. I think it should be part of their job description.
    However, I also believe that they should also get some private time to theirself somewhere, without 50 million greedy paparazzi in their face.
  • Matt Pierce 2011/03/07 03:00:59
    I think...
    Matt Pierce
    +2
    I kind of have mixed feelings on the subject. Since they are so in the public eye, and have so much influence over fans, maybe they SHOULD, but, I don't think they are obligated to. Celebrities are people just like anyone else and they shouldn't receive extra flak for making the same mistakes that we all do on a daily basis, just because they are famous.
  • Paul 2011/03/06 18:06:23
    Nope.
    Paul
    +2
    They're human, let them make mistakes.
  • Jack's Pearl 2011/03/06 16:47:42
    Yes.
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    I think they can do wonders with their fame. Set great examples and I think that is what they should be required to do. If you fall of the scope a bit you shouldn't get anymore attention. I can understand letting the public know what's happened with a certain star, but that is it. Put a lid on it. It's not something I want to hear about day in and out.
  • Jo 2011/03/06 06:48:14
    Nope.
    Jo
    +1
    Absolutely not; they have every right to live thier lives however they want; however, we---the public--need to learn right from wrong, regardless of what other people ae doing
  • deadlyangel21 2011/03/06 06:37:11
    Nope.
    deadlyangel21
    +1
    no. they are just humans. "ENTERTAINER'S" as well. No one should act like they do but then again they do act that way. The children or fans should be taught to know better than to follow in an idiot's footsteps.No matter how famous or rich they are.
  • magic_is_might BN-0 2011/03/06 02:19:21
    I think...
    magic_is_might BN-0
    +2
    ... that they aren't obligated to be role models, but that she should be conscious about how people are watching and judging their every move.

Also, that people would rather praise a celebrity that's setting a good example than ones like, say, Lindsay Lohan or Charlie Sheen.
  • Swany 2011/03/06 01:45:55 (edited)
    Nope.
    Swany
    +2
    Celebrities no politicians yes. celebrities politicians koch sucker
  • ~pretty little gleek~ 2011/03/06 01:38:28
    Yes.
    ~pretty little gleek~
    +1
    OF COURSE EVERYONE LOOKS UP TO ONE CELEB
  • Hales 2011/03/06 01:24:40
    I think...
    Hales
    +1
    It depends how big of a follower a fan is -- and perhaps just how guilable.
  • Toni 2011/03/06 00:29:41
    Nope.
    Toni
    +1
    It's not their responsibilities. If they feel they need to be put in that position, then so be it, but I don't look up to them nor want it. I get good examples from people I love, like my parents, sisters, brothers, those are the ones. That's just me...
  • aazeen 2011/03/05 23:38:15
    Nope.
    aazeen
  • METALheadMom 2011/03/05 22:54:28
    Yes.
    METALheadMom
    +1
    ESPECIALLY when it is all too obvious MOST of their fans are minors! obvious fans minors
  • MattIsTheGeekInPink 2011/03/05 22:46:13
    I think...
    MattIsTheGeekInPink
    +2
    I think that if they're a star on a kids show, then yes. But as for adults, who really cares? lol If you're that impressionable as an adult then you're kinda screwed anyway
  • Murph 2011/03/05 22:08:33
    I think...
    Murph
    +1
    More to the point would be the fan's responsibility to put these social renegades out of work. Charlie Sheen should be fired because of viewer uproar, not because of a network decision. Moral reprobates like Sheen, Lohan, and the rest of them, including Slick Willy should be unemployed because of public disgust.
  • DrewyDrew 2011/03/05 21:19:42
    Yes.
    DrewyDrew
    +2
    because people want to be like them(: that happened to me when i wanted to be like my favourite band Green Day. i wanted to be like them so much i started smoking weed like them. then i stopped and smoked cigs. and now i cant have enough cigs and im only 14 band green smoking weed stopped smoked cigs cigs 14 marlaboro cigarrettes
  • rustyshackelford 2011/03/05 20:57:51
  • KathyKoski 2011/03/05 20:49:56
    I think...
    KathyKoski
    +3
    I think fans need to not put so much stock in what their favorites think and not put so much money and power in the hands of the media that covers those stories.
  • Angel 2011/03/05 20:32:42
    Yes.
    Angel
    +1
    they do, but they generally set the wrong standard, like getting drunk or doing drugs , and end up in jail.. they figure if the judge is so lenient on the super star, they would be that way with them too... young people are impressionable, and a super stars life looks glamorous to them
  • 2226693 2011/03/05 20:29:52
  • Rude&Reckless 2011/03/05 20:23:48
    Nope.
    Rude&Reckless
    +1
    Absolutely not. I think it's stupid that so many people idolize celebrities for little more than their fame or roles they play.
  • ♥Hannah♥~GSA 2011/03/05 20:10:50
    I think...
    ♥Hannah♥~GSA
    +1
    It depends on the fan base. If the fan base is adults, then no. But if their fan base is little kids, then yes. Charlie Sheen? Whatever, his target is adults. Miley Cyrus? 7 year olds look up to her.
  • MaggotShawol101 2011/03/05 20:07:40
    Nope.
    MaggotShawol101
    +2
    Not really, it's nice if they do set a good example but in the words of Taylor Momsen 'I'm not living my life to be a role model. It's not fair to ask me to... I'm not going to change because someone's upset that their kids might start dressing like me - control your kids. I don't want anyone to dress like me or act like me."
  • Tony 2011/03/05 19:59:40
    Nope.
    Tony
    +2
    I don't need a hollywood type to set anything for me..
  • Mayra 2011/03/05 19:37:35
    Yes.
    Mayra
    +1
    I think they do, they have a choice on what audience\fans to attract, and if them knowing that they have little-teeney-bopper fans, they should take into consideration the possibilities that they might influence the kids or anyone of the sort for that matter. That's why kids not really have this "gang" rush. Because now all they talk is about drugs, sex, and partying. Which is what most kids now a days are doing. Gosh, people are really messed up in the head. :D
  • Tau_Seti 2011/03/05 18:18:00
  • "HARRY POTTER" 2011/03/05 18:13:35
    Yes.
    "HARRY POTTER"
    +1
    Realy people........... Come on some kids will do drugs just because some celebrity does, or they might even murder. Celebritys have a huge impact on morals.
  • "HARRY ... "HARRY ... 2011/03/05 18:16:40
    "HARRY POTTER"
    +1
    sorry about the spelling won't let me edit.
  • emmy_kerl 2011/03/05 17:59:52
    Yes.
    emmy_kerl
    +2
    they should, as long as their fans are 21 or under
  • LiveLaughLove 2011/03/05 17:29:04
    I think...
    LiveLaughLove
    +1
    i think that they should try to be good role models but in the end everybody does make some bad decisions and mistakes!
  • Curious Pierre Balloon 2011/03/05 17:21:05
    Nope.
    Curious Pierre Balloon
    +2
    they have a responsibility to be good entertainers. that's it. that parents allow for their children to grow up idolizing people who do nothing to contribute to anything and simply entertain us is what needs to change. children should be taught to idolize people who have contributed ideas and done something positive for society. einstein over cyrus, thank you.
  • Whiggy:) 2011/03/05 16:31:44
    I think...
    Whiggy:)
    +1
    that if they know they have fans and people that look up to them, especially younger stars, they should be more aware of the actions they take. your actions define who you are.

2014/04/20 08:29:10