Did you sign the secession petition?

L.A. Times 2012/11/15 15:58:00
What began as a small group of citizens voicing their disappointment with President Obama's victory in last week's presidential election has turned into a plea from hundreds of thousands of citizens to have their states be granted independence from the federal government.

The White House has now received secession petitions from all 50 states by citizens requesting that the administration “peacefully grant” them the opportunity to form their own sovereign government.

secession petition

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-white-h...

• Falcon 2012/11/15 19:45:52
    Falcon
    +28
    Let's see...

101,109/314,772,606 = .00032

Damn... that's a full 0.03 % of the population.

I am sure we will see 50 new countries here just as soon as the President gets a chance to approve all those petitions.

• stevegtexas@aol.com 2012/12/03 19:22:11
  • kenwemt 2012/11/25 06:46:35
    kenwemt
    I love my country. I respect the president. I HATE Obama. I did not elect him in 2008 and I did not elect him now. He is the worst president EVER. If you quit being pathetic LIBERALS and open your eyes to the truth. NOT INFORMATION FROM THE LIBERAL PRESS.
  • Angel 2012/11/25 01:19:11
    Angel
    Wait wait wait....they want to secede because Obama won? Pathetic.
  • flrdsgns 2012/11/24 04:34:08
    flrdsgns
    No, I support the United States of America.
  • John 2012/11/22 18:33:57
    John
    We are living in a time of: Gov for the Gov By the Gov of the Gov. Just the opposite from what our fore fathers set out to achieve. I see nothing foolish about the NEED to reform our Gov. First and foremost we live with technology that Dictates we have the ability to be more of a democracy than ever before. But our Gov will never allow the people the power to make there own decisions on Economics, Defense and Laws. We need true Governmental reform and secession is the first step in doing so peacefully without bloodshed. STOP THE OPPRESSION!! its really no better than 200 YEARS AGO WHEN WE FOUGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM. We are still living taxation without representation and everyday another LIBERTY is threatened.
  • Frannin 2012/11/20 19:07:40
    Frannin
    No and it's hard for me to believe that any American would. I love this country and am
    very grateful for our current leader, Barack Obama's recent election to his second term.
    We should all pay close attention to his leadership for he is surely making history.
  • modurhead 2012/11/20 16:45:37 (edited)
    modurhead
    thats somthing only an ignorant person would try and do, at a time we need to unionize and unite with the internet some idiots want passports at the boarders,we need to work together,something about a house divided,i guess some never learned history,i blame their parents. https://petitions.whitehouse....
  • chucky 2012/11/20 14:58:22
    chucky
    I signed it as a form of protest,the reality is that it is unworkable,
  • Manster 2012/11/20 14:16:27
    Manster
    I wasn't presented with that petition,so I haven't seen it.
  • kiwimac 2012/11/20 12:00:58
    kiwimac
    Citizens do not get to secede, GOVERNMENTS do. It would be a move by State governments not the voters generally.
  • Avi Rosen 2012/11/20 07:30:33
    Avi Rosen
    Get a life
  • GG 2012/11/20 02:48:31
    GG
  • MsDianna 2012/11/20 01:49:44
    MsDianna
    yes I most certainly did!
  • B_M_Anderson 2012/11/20 01:46:13 (edited)
    B_M_Anderson
    I personally think it is foolish, and thus out of context or a over bearing response, I agree Mr. Obama Shouldn't left to be holding office , 2 points should keep him from holding office and to hold any other office again Done right, Yet Congress has yet to enforce the Constitutions set by the framers 14th Amendment Section 3 , Article 1 SECTION 5 AND NOT LIMITED TO ITS VIEWS ,
  • B_M_And... B_M_And... 2012/11/20 01:52:26 (edited)
    B_M_Anderson
    Point 1 , The Health care Bill or Act as a New federal tax on things bought and or sold , the Origins of the this matter such base Votes did not take place , Thus deprived the Voters of the Voice do them for such a matter to become. law , Thus is basic Views of Constructive treason , Thus For the Federal Systems to Force the States it can 't or is not Law enforce able, Partly based on the Voluntary Tax Code History, No War On US Soil No Force able federal tax ?? , If they did be that the states then the State and the people of the state could then counter suit the State Reps , Thus the Court then would have to side with the states ??
  • B_M_And... B_M_And... 2012/11/20 01:53:56
    B_M_Anderson
    Point 2. I so question is his eligibility to sustain office acording to the Constitution of the constitutions of the framers set for views of what constitutes views of terms like Constructive treason in relation to the abuse of the office of the figurehead in such office as a Elected in executive branch functions as the representative republic we are as a Command actor of the Leagues of Common defense in relation to the War powers! Article 1 Section 10, thus I so point out the Libyan war Mr. Obama committed a crime that violated the War powers powers , thus the perceived value of the Crime in question would be along the lines an act of war with out the Voted Consent of Congress in my understanding would not limited to Constructive treason for Direct Violations of the voice the vote of the people to sustain the Federal taxs and thus U.S. Active Militia the Military! To out line my view about more, the Acts of War, was of no real time threat to U.S. Soil to give Mr. Obama such rights

I would view this as war crimes, as One that has Acted as a dictatorship, v/s the representative republic we are to be! Now would be the time for the new Congress starting in the house to call for impeachment thus removing Mr. Obama from office, thus preventing Mr. Obama from holding any other office...

I would view this as war crimes, as One that has Acted as a dictatorship, v/s the representative republic we are to be! Now would be the time for the new Congress starting in the house to call for impeachment thus removing Mr. Obama from office, thus preventing Mr. Obama from holding any other office again, thus the Vice President Taking the Office till a Election can thus replace him, via the Concluded for gone facts of . Article 1 Sections 5 via the use of the views of the 14th Amendment Section 3, Amendment XX Section 3, XXV section 4, thus as I understand the History, My order of events may be wrong yet the outline stands as to be would be fact
    I have called my Congress men an Ask for the Action to be taking Given light to the point my Voice via my congress person was not or had use heard thus in Violation of my Voting rights like as found in Amendment XV section 1 indirectly or Directly, so to address the views of my claims, to use my 1st Amendment rights of The right to petition government for redress of grievances thus the right to make a complaint to, or seek the assistance of, one's government, without fear of to so hold accountable or responsible, fraudulent election and the failure of the electoral college.
  • B_M_And... B_M_And... 2012/11/20 01:59:45
    B_M_Anderson
    Press Conference with Walter Jones & Retired Military on HCR107, http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
  • B_M_And... B_M_And... 2012/11/20 01:59:14
    B_M_Anderson
    http://www.buildfreedom.com/f... , IRS Commissioner Admits Filing Out Tax Forms is Voluntary
  • B_M_And... B_M_And... 2012/11/20 03:21:05
    B_M_Anderson
    As For Obama care or prevent Care is a Lie how much is Obama care a cover for actions of Appointed FDA Margaret Hamburg, 2009 refused to ban or recall or seek to hold makers libel to compensate for misdiagnosed given wrong kind of treatment & Drugs to make matters worse for those With dental works known as Amalgam Note: those “silver fillings” aren’t silver. Its mainly mercury ! Time released poison such I see from research is cause for many health problem & DNA Birth defect higher reaction to vaccines creating things like Autism 

Note, Margaret Hamburg holds stock in the company (Henry Schein) that makes mercury fillings.
    The mercury Amalgam matter The health problems reads like the nightmare of Gulf war syndrome ,pain, Ringing ear's, thyroid,liver malfunction, Kidney stone symptoms Hashimoto's disease , Overweight , Diabetes & More like Birth defects, memory problems like Alzheimer's, Mental Illness problems like ADHD, Schizophrenia etc 1861 Ménière's disease read alot like the signs of poisoning , Acrodynia/Pink Disease & The Mad Hatter's disease

seizure disorders , developmental disabilities symptoms , cognitive distortions , sensory processing disorder symptoms , Alzheimer's, Mental Illness problems like ADHD

For people on Federal or State programs from my research I found un...

For people on Federal or State programs from my research I found unless your Doctor says yes its medically related they will not just remove it because it not been made IIlegal, such then will then only pay for the teeth they deam as a problem again not because of the fillings , Yes such they will remove or help pay only unless its be said to be a problem like rotten teeth under not for the fact it even if 1 has Bone lose related , Yet because it not band the doctors will not remove it because it not Band
  • B_M_And... B_M_And... 2012/11/20 03:21:31
    B_M_Anderson
    Fox News 17 stacy case coverage of mercury induced MS symptoms and diagnosis from mercury

http://www.un.org/apps/news/s...
  • M.C 2012/11/20 01:26:48
    M.C
    cause American..................
  • the spoiler 2012/11/19 22:56:02
    the spoiler
    I wonder why there has never been this kind of secession talk before. Anybody got any ideas ?
  • Eh Poli... the spo... 2012/11/20 09:06:55
    Eh Politico
    There were. And then the civil war happened.
  • the spo... Eh Poli... 2012/11/20 15:16:11
    the spoiler
    Right. And the biggest part was over slavery, Right ?
  • No One 2012/11/19 22:11:41
    No One
    No as I think our country should remain unified not split into a bunch of states that make trade and travel harder.
  • The Wrong Guy 2012/11/19 21:40:29
    The Wrong Guy
    +2
    No. I'm not a f*cking traitor to my country.
  • Gregaj7 2012/11/19 21:00:45
    +1
    Won't.
  • bunynrdr 2012/11/19 20:35:49
    bunynrdr
    Because I want to see if the Whitehouse ever releases a statement on it!
  • Tordgaard 2012/11/19 19:32:22
    Tordgaard
    +1
    Not me.
  • Constitution Believer 2012/11/19 18:31:19
  • Vive le Canada Libre!!! 2012/11/19 18:05:23
    Vive le Canada Libre!!!
    +2
    Just as an example: Quebec had two referendums to decide whether they would remain part of Canada or separate. Both times they decided to remain a part of Canada.

I more than certain that if it came to referendum in the United States in whatever state of your choosing the people would choose to stay as one.
  • Eh Poli... Vive le... 2012/11/20 09:10:24
    Eh Politico
    that second one was a squeaker though. But very fair point. There's not a state in the union that would have the supermajority that would be required, let alone a simple majority. Also, the last time a state tried to secede, the civil war started.
  • jeane 2012/11/19 15:02:46
    jeane
    Sure why not. We are a divided nation and it is getting worse. I don't really expect to secede from the Union - but I would like to.
  • Christo... jeane 2012/11/19 15:07:35
    Christopher Kirchen
    +1
    I would have signed it if I had seen it.
  • jeane Christo... 2012/11/19 16:16:24
    jeane
    +1
    I hate where we are headed and the lack of values this regime espouses. A coalition of illegals and their supporters, people of entitlements and their elite leaders are taking us downhill - fast.
  • flrdsgns jeane 2012/11/24 04:36:20
    flrdsgns
    You can, just renounce your citizenship and leave. Very simple solution
  • jeane flrdsgns 2012/11/25 00:19:30
    jeane
    Not to worry a simple solution is on the horizon. Won't make you happy though.
  • flrdsgns jeane 2012/11/25 00:21:23
    flrdsgns
    I'm always happy
  • jeane flrdsgns 2012/11/25 00:27:44 (edited)
    jeane
    LOL - good. Careful what you ask for. No moral constraints.
  • flrdsgns jeane 2012/11/25 00:30:31
    flrdsgns
    meh, freedom of speech and freedom to do as they want as long as it doesn't infringe on others freedoms.

2014/04/21 12:20:30