Did you know that the very first Olympic Gold medal in Basketball was won by a team from McPherson, Kansas?

wildcat 2012/08/11 02:16:32
Wow, I did not know that.
Who cares?
Globe Refiners in 1936. The games were played out doors. USA beat Canada in the gold medal game in the rain. Four inches of mud covered the court.

• Mrkando 2012/08/11 03:45:07
    Wow, I did not know that.
    Mrkando
    +1
    I've lived in Kansas most of my life but I didn't know this. That happens only 5 years before I was born. I grew up only 47 miles from Manhattan but never went to college.
  • Jester M.S. 2012/08/11 02:20:51
    Who cares?
    Jester M.S.
    +1
    Actually, Yes, I did know that, but its fairly common knowledge around these parts. Especially since I have lived here my whole life and am also a KU grad.

I could go on for eons about the history of KU basketball, but since I am assuming you are most likely either from Manhattan or a State grad from your avatar, I will spare you the long and sorted tale.
  • wildcat Jester ... 2012/08/11 02:23:57
    wildcat
    +1
    I am so old I can remember when KU was a football school and K-State was the basketball power.
  • Jester ... wildcat 2012/08/11 02:30:53
    Jester M.S.
    +1
    My Dad says the same thing.

2014/09/21 21:27:25