Did you know Emotional last show for 'Saturday Night Live' castmembers Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis and Andy Samberg ?

BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/05/21 13:47:40
Yes, I knew
No, I hadn't a clue

Kristen Wiig and Jason Sudeikis at the Screening of "Portlandia " held at the Museum of Natural History ..

RICHARD CORKERY/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

"Saturday Night Live" castmembers Kristen Wiig and Jason Sudeikis left little doubt that the season finale was their last show.

RELATED STORIES
Powered by Inform

Lorne Michaels says he won’t officially announce changes in the cast of “Saturday Night Live,” but Kristen Wiig , Jason Sudeikis and Andy Samberg left little doubt that this past weekend’s season finale was their last.

Unless the three mirth makers are playing a brilliantly executed joke on the media, each dropped clues that they are departing.

While Wiig’s emotional last dance with her colleagues — as host Mick Jagger performed the Rolling Stones’ gem “She’s a Rainbow” — was the most obvious, and Samberg’s closing rhyme in “Lazy Sunday 2” was comic poetry, Sudeikis’ show-closing behavior was the most surprising — and poignant.

The funnyman looked like he was losing a fierce battle to rein in his emotions as he danced with Wiig, his castmate since 2005.

Sudeikis looked pasty and practically despondent as he hugged Wiig, while the “Bridesmaids” star rubbed his back and whispered something in his ear.

After Samberg cut in to give Wiig a much more energetic spin — nearly exposing her derriere in the process — Sudeikis slunk off to the back of the stage where he appeared to be choking back tears as he fidgeted with his suit.

As Jagger segued into “Ruby Tuesday,” Sudeikis was the only cast member not clapping or singing along with a starry crew that included Jon Hamm , Amy Poehler , Chris Kattan , Steve Martin and Chris Parnell .

By the time the credits were rolling, Sudeikis had disappeared from the stage.

Samberg dropped a hint that his “SNL” days were over in “Lazy Sunday 2,” a sequel to the Digital Short that first made him a breakout star on the NBC comedy show.

At the clip’s end, Samberg rapp

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/gatecrasher/emotional-show-...

• ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪ 2012/05/21 23:57:13
    Yes, I knew
    ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪
    I knew kristen wigg was leaving when I watched it but I didn't learn about Jason sueikis and andy samberg untill the next day.
  • Simmering Frog 2012/05/21 14:04:25
    No, I hadn't a clue
    Simmering Frog
    Never heard of them. Time to cancel SNL.
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/05/21 13:48:13
    No, I hadn't a clue
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    It's to bad they will be missed.

2014/08/29 05:42:46