Criminal Minds: Jason Gideon or David Rossi?

Mim8160 2012/09/05 00:36:59
David Rossi (Joe Mantegna)
Jason Gideon (Mandy Patinkin)
As a avid fan of Criminal Minds, I would like to know the general preference between these two.

For my opinion, I feel it's best to give some background on how I came to fall in love the show. I did not watch the show from the onset; my first episode(s) was the two-part Season Finale for Season Seven. From there, I hopped around, watching the episodes as they came on. That means my first experience was with Agent Rossi. However, I eventually began watching the episodes in chronological order, and I began to see all of Agent Gideon instead of the bits that I got beforehand.

My opinion is that Agent Gideon is better than Agent Rossi; on the very second episode, Gideon reveals himself to be someone who feels no small amount of empathy for the victims and even killers, and this continues throughout the show. Agent Gideon was more human, in my opinion. He felt like a person instead of a character. Rossi, while an excellent character, just doesn't meet the intensity, empathy, and compassion that Gideon has.
(For the record, my rankings are: Gideon > Reid = Hotchner > Rossi > JJ = Greenaway > Prentiss (probably going to get hammered for that one) > Seaver)

• Nikki 4 days ago
    David Rossi (Joe Mantegna)
    Nikki
    Rossi is wayyyy better than Giddeon....I've watched every episode and think that Giddeon was arrogant and a know it all, not a team player and they r a team!!! Rossi is smart, tough, a successful writer, handsome, and a team player!! I think the show got much better when Rossi joined!
  • sickofpolitics 2012/09/05 00:46:27
    David Rossi (Joe Mantegna)
    sickofpolitics
    He has grown on me. I never thought I would like anyone but Jason but David knows his stuff!!!

2014/10/30 13:59:36