Colin Farrel lending a hand--What do you think of Colin Farrel's charitable decision?

Jamesy818 [Raccoon VP] 2007/09/13 20:43:25
It's nice, but it's just a publicity stunt.
That's ludacris, what a waste.
That's great, he really gave that guy a chance to change his life.
I'm sorry, what did you say? I was looking at Colin Farrel.
Colin Farrel picked up a homeless man off of the streets of Toronto, took him shopping($2100), and even arranged to pay his first months rent. When the lucky fellow, named Stress, was asked about it, he said "This is my chance to get off the streets."

see trivia for whole story.

• kitty 2007/09/18 19:47:00
    kitty
    that is so great good for him.
  • GEMINII : queen of hope 2007/09/16 19:44:52
    GEMINII : queen of hope
    im impressed instead of putting the nose in the air at him he lended a hand good for him
  • highdesertgemini 2007/09/14 18:46:25
    highdesertgemini
    It's about time that celebrities (who are, in a lot of cases, grossly overpaid) take more initiative in helping those who are much less fortunate. I'm not sure taking homeless persons on shopping sprees is the answer, but it is an answer for the short term. Whether or not "Stress" takes advantage of this aid (he must not have four years ago), is still up for question. At the least, it shows that Colin Farrell is aware!
  • Ca$h 2007/09/14 17:37:56
    That's ludacris, what a waste.
    Ca$h
    How can you help somebody that don't want to help himself! It isn't colin farrel fault he decided to allow himself to get like that. But i must admit that was nice!
  • Rena 2007/09/14 14:46:41
    Rena
    If only more people who have the advantage of great wealth would reach out to others this way, our society could be greatly improved.
  • Zeke 2007/09/14 14:28:48
    Zeke
    Irregardless of weather it was done for publicity, or will have any lasting impact on the homeless mans life, it was still a charitable act and charity should be commended in any form. I am sure that an act of unexpected kindness towards someone who is probably sorely in need of it is appreciated.
  • otis 2007/09/14 13:49:50
    That's ludacris, what a waste.
    otis
    $2100 what a LIFE changer... should have given the money to a group that could have helped a whole group of STRESS'es ( didn't anyone find the name a bit of a stretch ? the story is in the SUN ?)

COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Joni 2007/09/14 13:25:32
    Joni
    I want to believe that his motives were sincere, and I think that it is great for someone with a lot of money to give back to those less fortunate, for whatever reason. Too many people are of the "me first" attitude these days. It's really sad. I hope the guy can actually turn his life around. It's going to be tough for him in this society.
  • BIGFOOT 2007/09/14 09:57:19
    BIGFOOT
    Depends on if his motives were pure or not. If he wanted to help, then why didn't he get some of 'Stresses' friends and help them?
  • Eager Beaver 2007/09/14 07:11:34
    Eager Beaver
    not all celebs want to get camera time on something nice they did
  • Lindyelf 2007/09/14 05:22:23
    Lindyelf
    Sometimes that is all someone needs to turn their whole life around..I think its fantastic and I hope it works out for the man
  • reminder 2007/09/14 05:01:19
    reminder
    +1
    I think it is great that he could and would do something like that. I wish I had the money to do it to. It has to be very rewarding to help someone out with nothing.
  • statechamp13 2007/09/14 03:33:30
    statechamp13
    Well I dont really think it matters why he did it, that is between him and God. I think it is great that he did it regaurdless of the motive(s) he may have had behind it.
  • Gramma Lil 2007/09/14 02:49:06
    Gramma Lil
    I think it's a good thing when anybody who has more, shares with someone who has less or none. Who cares why he did it.....just care that more people should do what he cared to do. My rave goes out to Colin Farrel.
  • exVickFan 2007/09/14 02:47:25
    exVickFan
    That is cool! It is awesome when rich person use their money for good instead of wasting it on frivilous items for themselves all the time!
  • Gale 2007/09/14 02:28:36
    Gale
    I think it is a shame more people don't try to help people. Whether this is for publicity or not maybe it will give this fellow the chance he needs to be on his to recover financially.
  • Mrlongt 2007/09/14 02:02:00
    Mrlongt
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and....
  • MAGGIE IRISH EYES 2007/09/13 22:11:28
    MAGGIE IRISH EYES
    He is a good-hearted human being. Why would anyone make the comment that it was a "Publicity Stunt"? He doesn't need publicity. Why do people look gift horses in the mouth? (Oh my gosh! I'm looking at his picture now. He resembles my grandson Danny but Danny is better looking)

2014/04/17 04:03:52