Chuck Norris -- Keep the GAYS OUT of the Boy Scouts! Do you agree or disagree with him?

Kyle 2012/06/26 19:41:19

Chuck Norris
believes gay people have NO PLACE in the Boy Scouts of America ... and claims plans to overturn the "century-old policy" to ban them is simply un-American.

Chuck
-- an outspoken Republican political activist -- just penned an article
for AmmoLand.com ... titled, "Is Obama Creating a Pro-Gay Boy Scouts of
America?"

In the article, Norris attacks James Turley
-- a high ranking BSA official who recently announced his plan to "seek
a change" to a Boy Scouts policy that bans gay Scouts and gay Scout
leaders.

72-year-old Norris suggests Turley is only championing
the cause because he's trying to curry favor with Obama's "pro-gay"
administration.

Norris talks about the Boy Scouts as epitomizing the best of America. The insinuation ... that gays don't.

• D.C.Verdone 2012/07/26 15:14:55
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/07/25 13:18:49 (edited)
    agree
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +1
    Sure. They are a private organization. But, if they are going to claim that they are private and can discriminate at will they they should no longer be allowed to use PUBLIC places, paid for with tax dollars, as meeting places. Places like schools and libraries.

bruce lee chuck norris
  • disagree
    Яᴇv☠Doɴɴγ☠Dooᴍ☠Aɢɴosᴛɪc
    BSOA seemed like a bunch of sheeple in training which is why I didn't stay.
  • Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of ... 2012/07/25 04:38:00
    disagree
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    Chuck Norris is a moron.
  • Herb 2012/07/25 00:26:01 (edited)
    agree
    Herb
    they are christian and private organiztion.
    boy scouts don't allow atheist or gays
    the Supreme Court affirmed the right of the Boy Scouts of America to expel openly gay leaders and members;

It is because the Boy Scouts is a Christian organization. Part of their Oath is ".....I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law...." If a child doesn't acknowledge he/she is an Atheist, there is no ban against them. Like any non-profit organization, they are allowed to have whatever rules they desire, as long as they fall within certain guidelines, one being "Not for Profit."
  • Melicio... Herb 2012/07/25 13:20:31
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +1
    They then should not be allowed to meet in public places. Meet in churches, not in schools and libraries.
  • Ty ~ PHAET Melicio... 2012/07/25 16:08:59
  • Melicio... Ty ~ PHAET 2012/07/25 16:14:57
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +2
    He totally is. Why not take each argument on it's own? SMH
  • Herb Ty ~ PHAET 2012/07/25 19:15:47
    Herb
    i want you guys to know they are private and the supreme court has upheld them as private and can do what they want 60% and growing of their oganization is christian.
  • Ty ~ PHAET Herb 2012/07/25 20:15:33
    Ty ~ PHAET
    That doesn't excuse the copy-paste.
  • Herb Melicio... 2012/07/25 19:13:20
    Herb
    anyone can if you pay for it schools etc. some have used our church.
  • Melicio... Herb 2012/07/25 21:18:32
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +1
    Hmm. I also pay for it via taxes and ect, so if an organization is using a building that I help pay for than my gay child should be able to join. Like I said... want to keep homosexuals out, fine. Quit using venues funded with tax dollars. Go to a church.
  • Herb Melicio... 2012/07/25 21:50:16
    Herb
    they have every right like you do to use schools etc they are tax payers we user the hs feilds for 100 a day. for some church softball.
  • Melicio... Herb 2012/07/25 21:53:58
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +1
    Then they shouldn't be able to discriminate. You keep crying that it is a Christian org... well then let them meet at a church or home.
  • Herb Melicio... 2012/07/25 22:07:13
    Herb
    many do meet at churches many us ours or other churches some use banks havent heard of many using schools. if they pay for the space so be it.
    gay students can have clubs on school and i dont like it. i pays school taxes and my kids go to school. why cant they go to a house and not my tax dollar?
  • Melicio... Herb 2012/07/25 23:41:49
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +1
    This is where your logic is flawed and your ignorance shows. The difference between Boy Scouts and any LGBT clubs at school, is that LGBT doesn't discriminate, straight students can and have joined these clubs. But BSOA does discriminate, and this country is supposed to be AGAINST that, so using buildings that are tax funded is wrong.
  • Samantha Herb 2012/07/25 13:49:14 (edited)
    Samantha
    +1
    It appears the organization you defend has a sexual abuse history.

http://articles.latimes.com/2...

The Oregon Supreme Court on Thursday ordered the release of 1,247 confidential Boy Scouts of America files, the first step toward publicly lifting the veil on 20 years of alleged child sexual abuse by troop leaders and others within the organization.

Also known as the "ineligible volunteer" or "perversion" files, the 20,000 pages ordered to be unsealed span two decades beginning in 1965, a portion of such records the Scouts have kept under lock and key since the 1920s.

Wow, you're at SH posting anti-gay bigotry and, yet, the organization you defend has a long history of sexually abusing children by all those straight Scout leaders.
  • Herb Samantha 2012/07/25 19:14:27 (edited)
    Herb
    awww and look at nambla sure their a great group to.
  • Samantha Herb 2012/07/25 19:59:08
    Samantha
    +1
    You're funny; I point out the history of sexual abuse in the Boy Scouts and, instead of denoucing it, you bring up "mambla." LOL! The Boy Scouts had an apparent history of sexually abusing children long before NAMLA.
  • Herb Samantha 2012/07/25 20:25:35
    Herb
    bill clinton had a tract of sexual histroy so what finally got caught. the bsa is probaly working on this as they allow my christian organizations in sure many have. doesnt make them bad only if they dont set new policies in place to prevent it.
    Gay Men and Child Molestation: Myth or Fact?

gaylife.about.com/b/2006/07/0... Similarto Gay Men and Child Molestation: Myth or Fact?

Jul 9, 2006 ... Are gay men more likely to molest children? ... In other words, 32 percent of those child molestation cases involved homosexuals.

“studies indicate that around 35 percent of pedophiles are homosexuals. . . . a child molester is 17 times more likely to be homosexual than heterosexual.”3

http://wthrockmorton.com/2009...
  • Samantha Herb 2012/07/25 20:42:30
    Samantha
    +1
    What does Bill Clinton have to do with sexual abuse in the Boy Scouts? Answer: Nothing! The fact is, and you can't refute it, that the Boy Scouts have a history of child sexual abuse and they've tried to cover it up. Your failure to condemn that abuse, and in a weird effort mentioning Bill Clinton, you actually condone it. It makes me wonder whether it might be necessary to keep you away from young boys.

Even if the percentage you cited is correct, and I doubt it, it means, as I've stated elsewhere, that the majority of pedophiles are heterosexual men.
  • Herb Samantha 2012/07/25 20:47:11 (edited)
    Herb
    i was being sarcastic with bill clinton, if the bsa has made policies and are dealing with the problems then good for them. those fact are true i gave you the links check them out.
  • Samantha Herb 2012/07/25 20:52:36 (edited)
    Samantha
    +1
    http://psychology.ucdavis.edu...

Most of the right wing anti-gay "stuidies" have never been subjected to peer review or lack any detail about methodology. Therefore, they lack credibility.

"The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children...But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men..."
  • Herb Samantha 2012/07/25 21:00:50 (edited)
    Herb
    you being a christian how can you be in support of gay rights and be one. i'm a theology major was a deacon of my church and i know better. what would you pastor say about your veiws? i belong to a non demnominational church bapist/penecostal/lutheran/ep... mix.
    don't you know your bible and what God/Jesus and Paul preached.
    my kids are in church and know their bible i have one at church camp now. we are to love the homosexual and not acccept the sins. jesus said turn from your sins and sin no more.
  • Samantha Herb 2012/07/25 21:31:12
    Samantha
    +1
    Yes, I'm a Christian who believes gays and lesbians, created by God, deserve full equality including marriage equality. Jesus never uttered the word "homosexual." Furthermore, Jesus said that we should love God with all our hearts and love our neighbors. Loving our neighbors doesn't include bigotry. It's so funny when fundamentalist Christians quote scripture about homosexuals but ignore other "laws." There's absolutely no justification for bigotry against gays and lesbians.

I know I didn't choose my sexual orientation, and I don't believe gay or lesbian chooses his/her sexual orientation. It's something we're born with and no amount of hatred thrown out by some "Christians" can impact people in a positive way.

My church is very welcoming to lesbians, gays, transgenders and bisexual people; it's the right and moral thing to do. My pastor totally supports our church's welcoming statement.
  • Herb Samantha 2012/07/25 22:04:33 (edited)
  • reaper Herb 2012/07/26 09:16:29
  • Herb reaper 2012/07/26 22:37:53
    Herb
    god did it and yes it does read it to my kids when thyey were younger.
  • Brosia 2012/07/25 00:24:26
    disagree
    Brosia
    I shall now risk Incurring the wrath of Chuck - he is wrong. Sexual orientation does not prevent someone from being a good scout.
  • Herb Brosia 2012/07/25 00:26:59
    Herb
    they are a christian organization and do not want them their.
  • Brosia Herb 2012/07/25 02:48:53
    Brosia
    I know that. My son tried to be a scout for about 2 months, and it didn't work out at all.
  • Melicio... Herb 2012/07/25 13:20:43
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    there.
  • tobe 2012/07/22 23:41:08
    disagree
    tobe
    i quit putting money in the pocket of him and kirk cameron.
  • Herb tobe 2012/07/25 00:36:14
    Herb
    boy scouts don't allow atheist or gays

• tobe Herb 2012/07/25 00:40:53 (edited)
    tobe
    yeah i don't put money into them either... For quite sometime I've boycotted the boy scouts, kirk cameron and chuck norris. I had just bought a copy of "Fireproof" before kirk cameron came out with his statement about homosexuality and I threw it in the trash. Christ said "love one another as i have loved you". I don't put money in hatred, not for any reason.
  • Herb tobe 2012/07/25 00:43:47
    Herb
    sorry it their right as a private organization they can be inclusive. no government rules.
  • tobe Herb 2012/07/25 00:45:10
    tobe
    they used us military property for ceremonies. thats property tax payers have paid for.
  • Herb tobe 2012/07/25 01:43:29
    Herb
    yes but they pay for it just like using a school same thing.
  • tobe Herb 2012/07/25 01:52:41
    tobe
    I've got a right to an opinion
  • Herb tobe 2012/07/25 01:58:14
    Herb
    yes you do but anyone not just the scout can pay for things and use it.

2014/07/29 10:44:31