Christopher Nolan was the best Director for the Batman Movies?

BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/07/18 12:18:17
Yes, Nolan mad Batman his own and made it better than the rest.
NO, I thought that ....did a better job.

The Dark Knight Risesmarks the third — and last, Nolan swears — Batman film he plans to make. The anticipation is high.

Critics who have seen the movie were sworn not to reveal certain plotlines or the ending. (At a recent news conference, a reporter asked Nolan about a point indirectly related to the ending — and the writer-director quickly but politely squashed the conversation.)

What is easily said about The Dark Knight Rises is that it qualifies as big in every way — from the stunts to the way it was shot, with about half in the Imax format.

As with his other films, his brother, Jonathan, helped write it and his wife, Emma Thomas, helped produce it.

So what does Nolan consider the secret to working with relatives?

“We have plenty of fights, but we get it done,” the father of four says. “They’re just the best people for the job. I am very fortunate.

“My brother is just a terrific writer, and my wife is a terrific producer, and we always just work together.”

All of the familiar faces from the first two Nolan-made Batmans have returned for The Dark Knight Rises. Christian Bale again plays the Dark Knight, with Michael Caine as his butler, Alfred; Gary Oldman as Police Commissioner Gordon; and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, leader of Wayne’s empire and supplier of the superhero’s nifty gadgets.

Joining them are Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman; Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a young policeman; Marion Cotillard as a wealthy do-gooder; and Tom Hardy as a terrifying masked nemesis named Bane.

“When I called Tom, I basically said: ‘I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news: I’ve got a terrific character for you,’  ” says Nolan, who worked with the actor on Inception. “  ‘The bad news: Your face is going to be covered the entire film, so you’ll have to get everything across with just your eyes and voice.’  ”

• 2012/07/25 22:13:48
    Tim Burton is the best batman is dark and bats flay in the dark not in the day that superman and spider-man job bat man should come out at night SO WELL DONE TIM BURTON. NOT NOLAN WHO CAME UP WITH THE STUPIDEST IDEA TO DO A REMAKE OF BATMAN FILMS AND TO MAKE THEM LIGHT.
  • EricJM 2012/07/19 06:14:07
    EricJM
    So Far.

2014/04/17 04:08:10