Christian Bale Arrested For Assault- Did The Dark Knight Star Take The Role Too Seriously?

Kim [Ninja]™ 2008/07/22 17:18:27
Yes, I think Chrisitan Bale probably took his character in The Dark Knight too far.
No, I think that Christian Bale's arrest has nothing to do with The Dark Knight.
I think that Christian Bale's arrest came from...
Christian Bale was arrested in London on July 22 after allegedly assaulting his sister and mother, reports U.K.'s Daily Telegraph.

Currently released from custody, Christian Bale voluntarily turned himself in on Tuesday, after being allowed to attend the European premier of The Dark Knight on Monday night. Christian Bale is charged with assault against his 61 year-old mother and 40 year-old sister which supposedly took place Sunday night at London's Dorchester hotel. Christian Bale is supposed to return in September to deal with the matter.

At the premier nothing was mentioned about the charges, but Christian Bale told Us Weekly: "Try putting on a bat suit and not laughing at yourself, it's very tricky. The only way you can manage that is by creating this demonic, angry creature. You cease to become a man, you become a creature."

Our latest Batman has played intense rolls since he was a young kid in films like Empire of The Sun and also American Psycho, but I beg to ask: did Christian Bale take his role as Batman in The Dark Knight too seriously?

• Daryl 2008/07/22 17:46:18
    Daryl
    +4
    Holy Douch-Bag!
    If he is beating up his Mom and sister, then I am rooting for the joker.

christian bales arrest holy douch-bag beating mom sister rooting joker

• Rox 2008/08/12 22:43:51
    Rox
    +1
    From what I understan is his mother and sister were fighting with him. They picked it. Were attacking verbally his wife. Also when I ask someone to drop it and they keep coming at me , I push them out of the way, too.
  • runningintriangles 2008/07/29 12:19:58
    runningintriangles
    +1
    I think sometimes peple snap. He's probably under a lot of stress and while that still doesn't permit such actions, it's likely the reason. I don't think it's his character gone too far, because if he were the type of person to do that, he'd have done something like this before (as said above, he's had many intense roles).
  • Bun 2008/07/28 20:39:13
    Bun
    +1
    Greed of family members! christian bales arrest greed family members
  • Katty 2008/07/27 16:58:33
    Katty
    +1
    I dont think that Christian Bale assulted anyone. He is a really gentle and sweet guy thats being accused of doing something that he didnt do. The only kind of abuse that he might of done would have been verbal abuse, not physical.
  • luvvinthekiwi 2008/07/26 12:25:25
    luvvinthekiwi
    +1
    I think the whole thing is his mom and sister being money grubbers. Honestly he's a decent sized guy but taking one two adult women? Come the freak on.
  • Katty luvvint... 2008/07/27 16:59:33
    Katty
    i totally agree. plus i dont think that Bale would hurt anyone like that.
  • Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!] 2008/07/25 05:16:00
    Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!]
    His story has been blown way out of proportion. I think we have no idea what might have happened with that. He was said to have pushed either his mother or sister over a long running family feud which we have no idea what it might have been.

I don't like him any less.

So, I'm on his side!
  • Twilight_Luver_15 2008/07/25 02:20:18
    Twilight_Luver_15
    +1
    Why would it, its totally irrelevant, and to say one was sparked by the other is complete nonsense.
  • fireware0062 2008/07/23 17:11:54
    fireware0062
    +2
    the media is always looking for flaws, every celebrity that has done good is a victim of some media's vicious scandal (MVS)! the hate on everyone to get the story which makes everyone evil in some way!
  • Matayo MCCAIN/PALIN 2008 2008/07/23 15:26:07
    Matayo MCCAIN/PALIN 2008
    +2
    Bale didn't even lay a finger on mom or sister. Entertainment Tonight and Extra wanted to blow the arrest it out of proportion like they always do for ratings. Bale had a heated argument with his sister, his mom then called the police and said that Bale hit them both, probably just to get him arrested so he couldn't enjoy the opening of "Dark Knight" in England. Which is a pretty rotten thing to do to a guy considering he really didn't hit anybody. Both Bale's mom and sister didn't even have scratch on them said Police. It was all a big missunderstanding thanks to the entertainment media. But a dirty move it was. To say your own son and brother hit you during an argument or disagreement on one of the biggest nights of his life just to hurt him because your mad at him for whatever reason is selfish and cold. Bale is a great actor. He has done some really good movies and everything I have ever heard about him was positive until now and this was nothing more than bogus lie, anyway. If I'm Christian Bale I get on the phone with my Attorney and have em cross a couple names off my Will... that would really give mom and sis something to complain about.
  • Kim [Ni... Matayo ... 2008/07/23 16:14:53
    Kim [Ninja]™
    +1
    Thanks Matt! When I made this poll there wasn't much information out there because the reports had just gone out. So thanks for adding info!
  • Matayo ... Kim [Ni... 2008/07/23 18:24:50
    Matayo MCCAIN/PALIN 2008
    +1
    Not a problem Kim. It just sucks that had to happen to him. I think Bale is a great actor and I'm sure he is a good guy as well. He has always seems to carry himself well and shows a lot of class unlike many other Hollywood celebs. I can't wait to see Extra tonight to watch them eat their words, not that they will but that's what I'll be thinking.
  • Kim [Ni... Matayo ... 2008/07/23 18:28:22 (edited)
    Kim [Ninja]™
    Yup! I agree!
    yup
  • Rox Matayo ... 2008/08/12 22:54:17
    Rox
    +1
    I agree, bad mouthing someones love who has stood beside him. Is what started it. He defended his wife. If it was over money, he owes his mother nothing. Where was his mom when his father died? Only his wife was there for him.
  • J 2008/07/23 05:42:03
    J
    It's a good story but thats all it is. Why didn't he just say the Devil made him do it like everyone else does.
  • ToTaLLyToKiO!! 2008/07/23 03:36:51
    ToTaLLyToKiO!!
    there is like no way that the two could be related....
    they are like two totally different things and you can't blame one role in a movie on stupid behavior.
  • Matayo ... ToTaLLy... 2008/07/23 15:40:16
    Matayo MCCAIN/PALIN 2008
    I agree. It didn't have anything to do with Bale's Batman role. The guy is an Actor for cryin' out loud. Based on what I have heard Bale NEVER EVEN touched his mom or his sister. The three had an argument and his mom and sister told Police he hit them which later turned out to be a lie because Police didn't find a mark on either one of them.

I think they were trying to steal his lightning. This all when down on the opening night for "The Dark Knight" in England. His mom and sister were obviously pissed off at Bale for whatever reason and tried to ruin his big night. A pretty shitty thing to do to your son and brother regardless of what was said between the three. Besides Christian Bale doesn't strike me as one of those cocky, punk ass, Hollywood scumbags at all.
  • Loreli 2008/07/23 03:21:04
    Loreli
    Assaulting family members is a serious problem and very sad. Blaming the incident on "taking his craft too seriously" is a lame attempt of not facing his personal problems...whatever they are.
  • Blondie 2008/07/23 03:06:25
    Blondie
    wow! i had no idea he was even arrested!
  • 5/21/2011A.D. 2008/07/23 03:03:57
    5/21/2011A.D.
    His own actions and feelings. Stop blaming everything else. There are actors that have played antagonists have done just fine in their lives.
  • Deleted 2008/07/23 02:49:46
  • shortyz 2008/07/23 02:13:57
    shortyz
    The movie has nothing to do with the way he acted.. He is just showing his true colors..
  • GOPHatesAmerica 2008/07/23 01:27:53
    GOPHatesAmerica
    He will always be the "American Psycho" to me...
  • Boris Badinov 2008/07/23 00:25:56
    Boris Badinov
    +1
    Just marketing...whatever his family problems are, they are quite seperate.
  • katiej102 2008/07/22 23:12:49
    katiej102
    +1
    don't believe the gossip, he gave his account of the situation and left, they didn't go out and arrest him, instead he came into the station 2 days later on his own accord, and it was on alleged assault claims, which in legal speak is yelling, screaming or spitting on a person, nothing physical, physical=battery. This got way blown out of proportion by the media
  • Chris [Ninja]™ 2008/07/22 22:36:53
    Chris [Ninja]™
    +2
    His mom and sister, they probably deserved it. I mean he is batman after all. (Maybe I'm taking his role too seriously)
  • Mongo 2008/07/22 22:34:27
    Mongo
    I think that first of all they are taking his comments to Us weekly out of context but more importantly they finished shotting 6 months to a year ago if we are going to try and blame his behavior on his role he should have been out of hand back when he was spending weeks submerged in the character not the night of the premier
  • Tpem 2008/07/22 22:18:09
    Tpem
    Just another Hollywood star who thinks they live ny a different standard than everyone else. Or he could have just lost his temper like everyone else does.
    dark knight hollywood star thinks live ny standard lost temper
  • Foo Master Angie 2008/07/22 20:39:07
    Foo Master Angie
    +1
    Roid rage.
  • TheNightFly 2008/07/22 20:30:11
    TheNightFly
    Whatever. I think we should just mind our own business.
  • W_C 2008/07/22 20:21:04
    Yes, I think Chrisitan Bale probably took his character in The Dark Knight to...
    W_C
    Sometimes its hard to get yourself out of character after you have committed yourself to being someone else. I hope that's the case at least.
  • Katty W_C 2008/07/27 17:03:28
    Katty
    +1
    thats so untrue. its easy to get out of character. any if he was still in character it doesnt matter cause his character is a good guy (superhero). they dont hurt their families. I dont think that Bale assulted his family at all.
  • mossfan6996 2008/07/22 20:07:38
    mossfan6996
    +1
    Anyone who attacks his mother must have issues deeper rooted in his spirit than any recent role can attribute to.
    Maxx
  • crsone 2008/07/22 19:56:36
    crsone
    +2
    Or at least I think it's quite possible, just as I think it quite possible that the Joker inhabited poor Heath so much that he didn't notice he was overdosing on those pills he was swallowing to get rid of the character for a few hours. Some actors just do that.
  • nickl*luver 2008/07/22 19:28:21
    nickl*luver
    +1
    all of the instant recognition... i man come on, having ppl constantly annoy me would drive me crazy too!
  • JESTER576 2008/07/22 19:07:03 (edited)
    JESTER576
    Chrisitian Bale is an actor...he knows the difference between reality and a movie. That being said I don't think the arrest had anything to do with his method acting....the most likely cause was his mother and sister pissed him off. And besides we really don't know the details. His mother and sister could be lying....plus there are several definitions of the word assault. If he truly assaulted them he probably didn't really hit them, he coul've attacked the car they were in or something along those lines.
  • Angel 2008/07/22 18:27:02
    Angel
    +1
    he said he managed to put on the suit by becoming a demonic angry creature, and cease to be a man.......thats scary
  • Acid Raindrops 2008/07/22 18:21:59
    Acid Raindrops
    +1
    underlying stress and pressure coming to the surface after doing such heavy roles in his life.
  • Samantha 2008/07/22 18:16:31
    Samantha
    +1
    Once an angry individual, always an angry individual. This has nothing to do with playing Batman.
  • Autumn 2008/07/22 18:08:31 (edited)
    Autumn
    +1
    Low self esteem, If he did assault his Mom and Sister maybe it was low self esteem! maybe the role he played made him angry and he took it out on his family who knows! he could have an issue with anger the other side of him that the public does not know about!

2014/12/19 23:35:04