Chicago Bear fans - sorry - your head coach just went poitical and fu**ed the team for at least the next season.

wicked soda boy 2012/03/10 06:17:58
If there is one sure way to KILL any chance of a football franchise winning their division(NFL or other), it would be for the head coach to come out with a political endorsement - BASED ON RACE!

I was soooooooooooo looking forward to Cutler coming back and good draft choices that the Bears might make this spring, etc. My expectations went WAY DOWN
when I heard Lovie's radio comments

Lovie made an ass of himself and put his political views ahead of being a football coach. He is now a tainted coach in the mind of many of his players. He should possibly be sanctioned by the league. There is NO PLACE for racial statements in the NFL!@! It goes against the main reason we watch NFL in the first place - because its all about results - not skin color!

I'm really upset that "my" Bears are compromised by this stupidity!!!!

• Disko Pickle 2012/03/10 07:42:23
    Disko Pickle
    +3
    I'm just curious what you base this statement on: "If there is one sure way to KILL any chance of a football franchise winning their division(NFL or other), it would be for the head coach to come out with a political endorsement - BASED ON RACE!"

What are the statistics of win/loss records for teams whose coach made a political endorsement based on race during the off-season?

• socokid 2012/03/10 19:54:49
    socokid
    A promo piece for Barack Obama has what to do with football, again?

I predict this will impact the Bears exactly zip, and will be unheard of in exactly 3... 2...
  • Seonag 2012/03/10 17:42:17
    Seonag
    +1
    I've seen the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?...

What bothers me is the African-Americans.BarackObama... How much of an uproar would there be if there was a European-Americans.[enter Rep. candidate].org? Would they be called Racists? If the candidate endorsed the organization (as Obama does), would he be called Racist? If a well known European-American endorsed the candidate and said European-Americans need to stick together, would he/she be called a racist?

To me it's more 'dividing' of Americans and we do NOT need that any more.
  • aneed2know 2012/03/10 09:21:37
    aneed2know
    okay where is his words, you said he said something but you do not show what he said, so how are people suppose to believe this is just not some bat crap insane posting?
  • wicked ... aneed2know 2012/03/12 14:12:45
    wicked soda boy
    If you do a search for "lovie endorses obama", you'll have a dozen choices - Chicago Tribune, Fluff-Po, CBS, etc.
    My point is that in America, we (most fans) want our sports commentators, coaches, owners, players to be color-blind when speaking to the public. Media folks have been fired for making even the SLIGHTEST racially judgemental comments, and here's a HEAD COACH saying "he has Obama's back" because Obama is a black man. I guess Lovie doesn't know that's the secret service's job, not the job of a football coach.
  • Disko Pickle 2012/03/10 07:42:23
    Disko Pickle
    +3

• wicked ... Disko P... 2012/03/12 14:00:09 (edited)
    wicked soda boy
    That would make for an interesting study. I only know from watching American football for many years that when a locker-room has been divided over racially charged issues, it doesn't bode well for the season's results. I could give some examples, but don't want to stir old controversies.
  • Zuggi 2012/03/10 07:06:15
    Zuggi
    +2
    Oh you poor baby, the coach endorsed the other side? How will you ever survive?
  • wicked ... Zuggi 2012/03/10 07:21:27
    wicked soda boy
    +1
    The head coach went public with a political endorsement based entiriely on racial preference(quoted as such "blacks have to stick together").
    There is NO PLACE FOR THIS KIND OF STATEMENTS in the NFL!
    Roger Goddell should be measuring whether $500,000 fine is appropriate, or maybe 300,000?
  • Zuggi wicked ... 2012/03/10 08:23:18
    Zuggi
    +2
    Excuse me while I roll my eyes.
  • Snowball Zuggi 2012/03/10 12:55:28 (edited)
    Snowball
    +1
    Glad to see you can comprehend the moral argument. Guess some people don't care if something is right or wrong until their filing the discrimination claim (and costing taxpayers thousands of dollars). Wonder what would be said if a white coach said "us white people have to have the backs of the GOP candidates?" and someone posted "excuse me while I roll my eyes". Or how about "the gop's strategy is to capitalize on the white majority". Maybe people just don't realize the double standard- and how badly it reflects their own cause. Who in their right mind would support a cause (equal treatment), if your just going to be hit over the head with it until you're black & blue. Just saying it's that abuse of a concept, that leads to bad things.
  • Zuggi Snowball 2012/03/10 13:08:32
    Zuggi
    +1
    Does baby want a hanky?
  • Snowball Zuggi 2012/03/10 13:11:38
    Snowball
    +1
    Ohhhh, you're THAT kind of man. Nevermind, I don't bother with people that only have a brainstem.
  • Zuggi Snowball 2012/03/10 18:23:54
    Zuggi
    +1
    Oh lawdy.
  • wicked ... Snowball 2012/03/12 14:01:47
    wicked soda boy
    +1
    Thanks for your comments Janet. I've learned before not to expect maturity or logical reasoning from the "Z".
  • Snowball wicked ... 2012/03/12 14:09:39
    Snowball
    +1
    I'm just sorry I wasted my time on him. Scary to think people like this could raise children. These are the type of fathers I see at football games with their kids, treating them like crap, and I feel SOOO bad for the kids. I think, "how fair is it for a kid to have to be stuck with a dad like that?"
  • Snowball wicked ... 2012/03/10 12:45:32
    Snowball
    +1
    What these other respondents don't realize is how upset thet'd be if a head coach endorsed a Presidential candidate by saying, "white people need to stick together". It's as if they forgot that line of thinking is what caused such rage and disgust during the civil rights. How can someone insist on equal rights, opportunity, and treatment, but as soon as they achieve it, deny it to someone else? Guess they never really believed in it and do support people hiring based solely what's comfortable to them verses who's most competent for a job. If you have an ethical "if -then" position, and you violate it, can you really judge others who do the same? I think it shows poor character on his behalf and any one making exceptions for this sort of behavior better not be filing/supporting discrimination charges based on race b/c the reality is you understand and agree with others who do the same thing.
  • wicked ... Snowball 2012/03/12 14:02:50
  • Snowball wicked ... 2012/03/10 13:09:45

2014/07/25 13:50:28