BASEBALL: Why does the American media ignore the Toronto Blue Jays?

jayshawksnotboth 2012/05/05 22:54:44

I'm watching the White Sox take on the Tigers as some pregame entertainment before the team I'm a big fan of, the Blue Jays, play later on.

They're showing the ticker of other games at the bottom, and I noticed that the upcoming Blue Jays game wasn't even shown.

This isn't the first time.

I can't remember the last time Fox showed a Blue Jays game, and has ESPN ever done so? I've been to the U.S. not too long ago, and when they show their baseball highlights, the Blue Jays game is never shown.

Is there some sort of hatred going on here?

• Hank Murphy 2015/04/07 13:29:28
    Hank Murphy
    +3
    All one has to do is look at opening day 2015 coverage. The Blue Jays win 6-1 but aren't even mentioned in the coverage of the game. Just that the Yankees lost, A-Rod returned and Tanaka didn't perform well, there must be something wrong with him.

• Hank Murphy 7 days ago (edited)
    Hank Murphy
    Another example, Buehrle wins his 200th game, not even mentioned on SI.com except buried at the end of a buried story about the game. No feature mention. If he was playing for the Yankees or Red Sox there would be a huge feature story on him winning 200 games.
  • Hank Murphy 2015/04/07 13:29:28
    Hank Murphy
    +3
  • Your Favorite Nerd 2012/07/24 00:06:36
    Your Favorite Nerd
    Now that you say that, you're right..
  • jayshaw... Your Fa... 2012/07/24 00:08:09
    jayshawksnotboth
    +1
    Exactly! Some tried to tell me it's because of how we are in the standings, but that's not it. Teams are doing worse than we are, and they're still shown.
  • Your Fa... jayshaw... 2012/07/24 00:08:55
    Your Favorite Nerd
    I know right. Both of my teams are sucking this year and I have seen them shown...

2015/04/18 05:00:20