Are You Happy the Miami Heat Won the NBA Championship?

Sports 2012/06/22 16:00:00
Big news on the basketball front! LeBron James and the modern-day Miami Heat have finally won that elusive NBA Championship. LeBron was already widely regarded as the best player in the NBA and a ring for “The King” cements that. He not only banked a triple double in the closeout Game 5 against the Oklahoma City Thunder, but won the Finals MVP award as well. He also won his third MVP award this past season, putting him in rare, Hall-of-Fame-level company.

It wasn't all LeBron James on Thursday night though. Former Sixth Man of The Year Mike Miller, stepped up big, hitting seven three pointers and clocking in 23 points overall. Miller battled injuries and the stress of being the parent of a child with serious health issues the last couple of seasons, but he played a huge role in the closeout game that was sure to be a great reward for his tough road.

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh did their part, too. As Wade told ABC and ESPN in an interview during the postseason, the Heat are now LeBron James' team. Wade may have been there longer and won a ring before, but whatever changes he and the squad made this year, it obviously worked and led to an awesome result. Well, for Heat fans anyway. As for the young Thunder team, with a core that's an average age of 23, don't be surprised if they're back to the promise land soon enough. Are you happy the Miami Heat won the 2012 NBA Championship?

• wamcalif 2012/06/22 19:11:57
    wamcalif
    +1
    I'm a Knicks fan, but it's good to see the formula of putting power players together works. James, Wade and Bosh had a lot of help from a reliable bench. The big Three worked well for Boston (until they got old), now I'm looking for the Knicks to gel with Carmelo, Stoudemire and ?
  • Dick Nixon 2012/06/22 19:10:47
    Dick Nixon
    +2
    I am a Pacers fan but anybody but The Heat or The Lakers. I do not like james at all but wade and bosh are cool. I'm happier for mike miller tho than any other member of the heat. I hate the Lakers for most reasons most people do.
  • Jippy Jamie Joe (Jamie) 2012/06/22 19:01:49
    Jippy Jamie Joe (Jamie)
    +1
    I'm Boston Celtics fan!!l So nooo lol
  • gone i guess 2012/06/22 18:59:25
    gone i guess
    i wanted them win
  • Midnite12 2012/06/22 18:44:06
    Midnite12
    I'm not into basketball, so I showed my dad this question.
    Yes, yes he is.
  • robbt1 2012/06/22 18:29:45
    robbt1
    +4
    I like Dwane Wade, but I hate Lebron. Plus I was really pulling for the Celtics. And the Thunder.
  • Shane 2012/06/22 18:28:38
    Shane
    Miami Baby!!!!
  • SOUL4REAL 2012/06/22 18:25:06 (edited)
    SOUL4REAL
    Do a bear sh*t in the woods? "YES"!!! :)))
  • Ed 2012/06/22 18:15:40
    Ed
    Sure. Yeah it's easy for you tall guys to say, you like hoops sure, rub it in.
    Short people got no reason to play....ay
    Well I don't like hoops, so there! I can dunk it from a sitting position, I'm tall. LOL
    That's why I like Ice Hockey, the net's more at my eye level.

Besides Hockey is a real man's game hard hittin, fast and precise.

Like baseball you hit a small object with a stick to over 110 MPH, but a much harder object and frozen

Like Football it's hard hitting except you get to commit assault and battery with a deadly weapon and maybe get 2 minutes in the box.

And like hoops you gotta get it in net but you gotta get it past one pissed off goalie not unlike Jason Voorhees with about an extra 50lbs more of equipment than you do with two body guards ready to take your head off. Ever see Scott Stevens put a hit on someone?

But you have to do it while you balance on skates with sharp double edged blade about 1/16 of an inch thick moving between 30-40MPH sometimes faster, on a hard ice frozen surface none of the clay, wood floor and grass BS frozen ice like concrete dodging guys coming at you at the same speed trying to put your head through the plexiglass.

Ahhh! Nothing like a bottle of Canadian whiskey, long skates on the pond and one goal hockey games.

Congrats to...

Congrats to the Miami Heat and its fans!
    GO HEAT! Miami Heat Champions
  • Mel 2012/06/22 18:14:37
    Mel
    +1
    Lebron has gotten criticized for a long time and now all his critics can shove it!
  • BigKwell 2012/06/22 18:11:43
    BigKwell
    +3
    I guess I still have a soft spot for OKC.
  • Yes
    Jersey Roze ♥Jwon's Cyar'ika ♥
    +1
    I don't really care, but I think that either team deserved to win...
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2012/06/22 18:07:38
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
    I really don't care. To be honest, I thought that basketball season was done a LONG time ago...
  • Gregaj7 2012/06/22 18:06:04
    +2
    I like Wade, but can't stand James.
    James can be "best" after another 5 "rings".
  • Bleach the Limit 2012/06/22 17:58:40
    Bleach the Limit
    Sure, whatever, just as long as they stop eating people.

miami cannibal
  • Realistic Bleach ... 2012/06/23 18:56:45
    Realistic
    What does "they" mean? Are your referring to a particular group? Please be kind enough to elaborate on "they".
  • Bleach ... Realistic 2012/06/23 21:50:20
    Bleach the Limit
    They = Those from Miami.
  • KeithL 2012/06/22 17:52:59
  • Lanikai 2012/06/22 17:52:04
    +2
    I don't watch basketball, BUT after what lebron did to Cleveland AND his failure to give ANY credit to God, NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish they would have lost.
  • Royluvc... Lanikai 2012/06/22 18:34:21
    Royluvcurves
    +2
    if u love God,u have forgiveness in your heart.
  • disclaimer Lanikai 2012/06/22 19:47:33
  • Lanikai disclaimer 2012/06/22 20:34:35
    +2
    Well, you MIGHT be wrong because to hear him after the game, and to hear the newscasters HE single handed-ly won that game all by himself. he ACTS like he did, so WHY could he not do the same at Cleveland???

Besides, Cleveland got him and paid him to perform and about the time he matured as a player, he ditched off to Florida.
    Just like football, college players take 3-5 years to become acclimated to the pros. he SHOULD have given Cleveland 2 more years. And been less of a jerkwad about the way he left.
  • disclaimer Lanikai 2012/06/23 04:01:09
    disclaimer
    The fact is, LeBron could not have won without Wade, Bosh, and Miller. Maybe he sounded arrogant, but he could not have done it without them.

Check your facts about players. LeBron was with the Cavaliers for seven years, not the 3 you claimed. He joined them in 2003 and left in 2010 when he got tired of advancing to the playoffs and not winning.

And I don't see how he was a jerkwad about it--he said he felt that Miami was the best place for him. Didn't insult the Cavaliers, didn't do anything like that. Just said he felt Miami would be where he could win the most games.
  • Lanikai disclaimer 2012/06/23 13:53:39
    If he had matured at Cleveland, rather than continuing to act like a spoiled brat that had to be the center of attention-Cleveland would have long since had a championship. We have a local girls basketball coach who can and does turn ANY team of girls into winners. They just have to KNOW they can be winners and listen to the coach. Problem with pro sports players, they ALWAYS think they know best, and that no one can tell them what to do or how to play.
  • Lizard ... Lanikai 2012/06/22 22:52:41
  • Lanikai Lizard ... 2012/06/23 13:54:50
    +1
    yeppers, a bigger whiny, pacifier sucking, self absorbed POS never existed in the NBA. All about him, all the time, and he plays all 5 positions by himself according to him. Geez, if all a team needed was HIM Cleveland should have had a title the first year.
  • nighttrain8 2012/06/22 17:50:01
    nighttrain8
    Not the Heat exactly, but James.
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/06/22 17:32:45
    Christopher Kirchen
    +4
    I lost interest the second the Bulls were out of it.
  • William... Christo... 2012/06/22 17:36:27
    William Weber
    Are the bulls Eastern or Western Conference?
  • Christo... William... 2012/06/22 17:37:47
    Christopher Kirchen
    +2
    They're in Chicago.
  • Patriotsrock12 2012/06/22 17:31:10
    Patriotsrock12
    +9
    Cray baby bitches. The refs and stern just love them some cry baby James. And that Dick Bosh lol.
  • Charu ∞... Patriot... 2012/06/22 19:56:02
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +6
    Dig it....fouling right there in front of them and they acted like they were blinded by his light.
  • Lizard ... Patriot... 2012/06/22 22:54:14
  • William Weber 2012/06/22 17:20:24
    William Weber
    +6
    The heat didn't win, the refs did.
  • Lanikai William... 2012/06/22 17:53:01
    +3
    College football is much the same, the refs often determine and outcome, usually because of who paid the most.

Alabama gets a pass on EVERYTHING.
  • Charu ∞... William... 2012/06/22 19:55:17
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    Absolutely!
  • Bob William... 2012/06/29 03:22:19
    Bob
    Cry baby.
  • Bob 2012/06/22 16:53:21
    Bob
    +1
    Very! Freaking Oklahoma traitors. Disgruntled Seattle Supersonics fan.
  • William... Bob 2012/06/22 17:19:41
    William Weber
    +3
    U BUTT HURT SEATTLITE?!?
  • Charu ∞... William... 2012/06/22 19:56:26

2014/11/23 07:32:16