ARE YOU A FAN OF THIS "Game of Thrones?" HBO pulling ‘Game of Thrones’ episode which featured likeness of former President George W. Bush on severed head 'We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste

BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/06/16 15:49:50
Yes, I like the show.
No, it's not for me.
The severed head of former President George W. Bush appears in the HBO series "Game of Thrones."

HBO

The likeness of former President George W. Bush appears on a severed head in the HBO series 'Game of Thrones.'

They have got better eye sight than I do because I don't see it do you?

Heads may yet roll over the controversy surrounding the use of a model of President George W. Bush's likeness for a decapitation victim on a spike in an episode of "Game of Thrones."

In the face of outrage from conservative critics, HBO announced Friday that it was pulling the episode in question - last year's season finale - from its rotation, as well as iTunes and HBO GO and froze all shipments of DVD box sets, until the offending scene could be edited out.

"We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste," the network said in a statement Friday. "We made this clear to the executive producers of the series, who apologized immediately for this careless mistake.

"We condemn it in the strongest possible terms and have halted all future shipments of the DVDs, removed it from our digital platforms and will edit the scene for all future airings on any distribution domestic or international."

The head, fitted with a long-haired wig, appears for a just a second impaled on a spike in last season's finale episode of the fantasy series, when sadistic king Joffrey shows off a line of severed heads to his bride to be - including her own father's.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/hbo-pulli...

• JBG13 2012/06/28 16:56:55
    Yes, I like the show.
    JBG13
    +1
    And I hate bush anyway
  • beach bum 2012/06/17 04:08:47
    No, it's not for me.
    beach bum
  • Ira 2012/06/16 23:48:58
    Yes, I like the show.
    Ira
    +1
    What? The one on the left? Now THAT is a stretch.
  • eyemall 2012/06/16 20:26:33
    Yes, I like the show.
    eyemall
    +1
    I like the show and like the book series. But I can see where the show might be used to take a swipe at Bush. I read on George R R Martin's website years ago some nasty swipes he took at Bush. He is certaily no fan of or ever was a fan of Bush. You can also make the arguement that it is HBO afterall and look at all the nasty commentary there is on the channel about Republicans. I wonder how much flack there would have been if the head resembled Obama? Can you say hate crime?
  • BIG BAD... eyemall 2012/06/28 17:03:24
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    YES, IT SURE WOULD BE UP-HEAVEL
  • I. Car Rus 2012/06/16 16:23:44
    I. Car Rus
    +1
    yeah, I like the show, don't see the resemblance BUT if it was intentional I couldn't approve. unless a former or current President is passed images of his death etc I think are wrong for reasons so complex I would rather not set them out.
  • Happy 2012/06/16 16:13:38
    Yes, I like the show.
    Happy
    +1
    the show is amazing and that was kind of an important episode and a sad moment :/
  • Lanikai 2012/06/16 16:09:36
    No, it's not for me.
    +1
    WE had our cable company remove HBO from our home.

Once they go into the tank for obam, we pretty much ban them.
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/06/16 15:53:51
    Yes, I like the show.
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    I like the show, always did like this type of movie in this time period. I don't see the resemblance to Bush but if it is it's in bad taste, What ever you think of President Bush he was the Commander and Chief and should be respected. President Bush President Bush
  • I. Car Rus BIG BAD... 2012/06/16 16:25:42 (edited)
    I. Car Rus
    I agree I think its over the line, but I don't see the resemblance. People should just watch the show. Its never a good idea to show a President in that light, at least while living, for me it has a lot to do with Kennedy assassination which I remember well.

2014/10/20 21:21:57