Are the only people benefiting from 'going green' the ones selling the snake oil of 'climate change'?

Steven Crowder 2011/08/26 06:35:38
Yes, 'going green' is a doomsday fairy tale sold by hustlers
No Steven...look at the millions of people employed in 'green jobs' today

Read More: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wsiHUb-ULg&featur...

• bronx 2011/08/26 14:00:31
    bronx
    +10
    al gores home in santa barbara Like Al Gore's nine million dollar OCEAN FRONT estate in Santa Barbara, Ca. I thought the oceans will rise 8 to 9 feet?

• Thomas 2011/09/05 14:21:32
    Thomas
    +1
    It still amazes me how people look at climate change as a political, or money making scam. Look and listen. With each season, more rain and floods, earthquakes in new places, droughts becoming longer, and happening in new places, hotter summers, and colder winters, larger and more frequent tornadoes and hurricanes. A blind man could figure this out as climate change. People don't seem to realize that the earth is sick from all our pollution and toxic dumping. The earth is a living thing, and now she's fighting back. Call it, or don't call it what you want. It's still happening.
  • us 2011/08/29 02:35:41
    us
    Yes, the ones pushing for it, but it create some jobs here, but it create job in China.
    Green Energy, CLimate change, Government way to control the American people.
    Wind Energy, When in water, how safe is it for our water? Solar Energy?
    Batteries for Electric car, How long does battery last? Where will the battery go
    after its no Good?

I beleive to Keep America, We need drill for oil, clean coal, natural gas, wind
    and solar. Lets do all them?
  • John Storz 2011/08/28 15:36:02
    John Storz
    Green technology (except for maybe the wind turbines) is anything but green...
  • sweetgreatmom 2011/08/28 01:04:34
    sweetgreatmom
    We have to go green since it reduces the carbon footprint.
  • Rita 2011/08/27 20:00:04
    Rita
    All old al gore and ge wanted to do were put more gov. regulations on the American people so they could push the so called green jobs that aren't there. they leave a larger carbon footprint in a month than most leave in a lifetime. when old al gore sells off his energy guzzling estates, cars and jet then I will believe some of it. until then nope. If he believed it he would be living green. the only green he has is in his pockets...
  • jams 2011/08/27 03:12:55
    jams
    Green is gold
  • Toots 2011/08/27 01:46:14
    Toots
    I think everyone that believes going green is a good thing are the same ones that believe in Climate Warming. They are just getting more for something that is not of good quality!!!!I
  • Rabbit 2011/08/27 00:03:07
    Rabbit
    Al Gore is a sorry excuse for an American. He is taking everyone for a verry expensive ride. If we took all of the money on the planet and invested it global warming, nothing would happen...except Al Gore will still be richer.
  • texasred 2011/08/26 22:54:12
    texasred
    Yes! Al Gore is the perfect example.
  • Claybern 2011/08/26 22:02:53 (edited)
    Claybern
    Al Gore is full of crap.
  • Charles E 2011/08/26 21:28:53
    Charles E
    Green is creating jobs at about half the rate it is destroying them.
    And most of the green energy costs 2 to 5 times as much as current resources with almost no net reduction of the hated carbon emissions.
    +1
    Green jobs put others out of work because the jobs held by previous employees get replaced by these so called regulations.
  • firelooker 2011/08/26 18:58:12
    firelooker
    +1
    Who caused the Ice age? Humans weren't around. How about when all the glaciers melted and gave us Chicago and all the states back east? No humans around then. No it's all about screwing the people and making Al Gore rich. By the way have you seen the carbon foot print for his huge estate? not very green.
  • Charles E firelooker 2011/08/26 21:40:47
    Charles E
    Gore claims he is green because he buys "carbon offsets", from himself, through a foreign corporation. He wants everyone to feel guilty and buy the same carbon offsets from him, several times. Compared to Gore, Berny Maddof was an amateur.
  • Icarus firelooker 2011/08/27 14:46:07
    Icarus
    Carbon dioxide had a big role in the ice ages, greatly amplifying the small warming and cooling effect of orbital cycles... and unfortunately carbon dioxide is exactly what we've been pumping into the atmosphere for the last 250 years or so, to the tune of over a trillion tons (1,000,000,000,000 tons). That's why we're now heating up the planet.
  • firelooker Icarus 2011/09/28 18:33:06
    firelooker
    If Co2 is the problem then the answer is to plant more trees as they absorb co2 and give off oxygen.
  • Icarus firelooker 2011/09/29 14:37:02
    Icarus
    That would certainly help but it won't cure the problem. At the last estimate we're putting 7.1 PgC (billions of tons of carbon) into the atmosphere per year with 1.9 being absorbed by the terrestrial carbon sink, and 1.9 by the oceans. That leaves 3.3 PgC/yr accumulating in the atmosphere to cause global warming. We can't expect trees to absorb all of that, and in any case we need to absorb *more* than that in order to bring atmospheric CO2 down rather than just halting the increase.
  • Matt 2011/08/26 18:23:55
    Matt
    +4
    It has been over 5 decades since either party did anything good for this country or its people. First the pass legislation sending all of our manufacturing overseas and now they want to saddle the remaining few with the expense of implementing dubious innefficient technology.

manufacturing overseas saddle remaining expense implementing dubious innefficient technology green jobs funny
  • dawn 2011/08/26 18:20:48
    dawn
    +2
    It's all a scam for the benefit of a few who want power over all of the rest of us and their pockets full of our money! Its a crock!
  • patriot 2011/08/26 18:15:18
    patriot
    +3
    Look at Spain. They lost 2 jobs for every one green job. The finally stopped the insanity.
  • ɟʇʇoɔs 2011/08/26 18:03:32
    ɟʇʇoɔs
    +3
    I have not seen any benefit from this "green" movement...I even tried selling carbon offsets on Craigslist( napikins with CO2 written on it and signed by me) but to no avail...

Oh well, I like my mid 90's cars anyways...
  • firelooker ɟʇʇoɔs 2011/08/26 19:00:00
    firelooker
    +2
    I agree both my cars were made in the ninties and my wifes 90 caddy still gets admiring comments.
  • Caesar 2011/08/26 17:57:22
    Caesar
    +1
    I have some land on the moon to sell you too...
  • firelooker Caesar 2011/08/26 19:00:41
    firelooker
    Want to buy some ocean front property in AZ?
  • Caesar firelooker 2011/08/26 19:02:19
    Caesar
    Heck yeah! Sign me up!
  • Kirino 2011/08/26 17:47:30
  • MadAsHEck Kirino 2011/08/26 18:54:17
    MadAsHEck
    +1
    Absolutely. Tons of Jobs.

In China using the Billions of Stimulus money they were given to build and install Wind Turbines in the western USA.
  • JDHARTLV 2011/08/26 17:36:00
    JDHARTLV
    I guess they forgot rich corporations are evil. Funny how they have no problem making a deal with the devil.
  • dePSyChO 2011/08/26 16:47:16 (edited)
    dePSyChO
    +1
    No. you deniers are just insane. Going green is good even if climate change isn't happening as fast as we believe (except it's actually having faster).

yo people insane green climate change fast faster
  • JDHARTLV dePSyChO 2011/08/26 17:33:43
    JDHARTLV
    +3
    Green jobs are a joke.
  • MadAsHEck JDHARTLV 2011/08/26 18:57:04
    MadAsHEck
    +2
    Some program was on TV here in Seattle the other night. Some GJ grant from the stimulis money for a ton of money, ($300,000) generated about 5 jobs, and now the work that was done hasto be redone, as it was not done right.
  • Charles E MadAsHEck 2011/08/26 21:43:17
    Charles E
    Do tell. I tried to look surprised but couldn't.
  • JDHARTLV MadAsHEck 2011/08/27 21:27:19
    JDHARTLV
    You should see the solar projects popping up around Las Vegas, If you happen to work on one it lasts at most 6 months. And you get to cook in the sun all day. At best they are 30% efficient, not including line loss due to distance. I will admit they are improving, butt they still can't keep up with demand. What people seem to not realize about a lot of these jobs, is that they are temporary.
  • dePSyChO JDHARTLV 2011/08/26 20:16:52
    dePSyChO
    Ha, no.
  • firelooker dePSyChO 2011/08/26 19:02:43
    firelooker
    +1
    Oh yeah those electric cars are real energy savers, batteries cost as much as a new regular car and don't last very long.
  • dePSyChO firelooker 2011/08/26 20:17:44
    dePSyChO
    But...the batteries do last long, and you can charge them at any dealer ship, I believe.

Also, that's why there needs to be more green energy research.
  • MadAsHEck firelooker 2011/08/26 23:05:36 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    I own a Prius, to save money, not so much to go green. Bought the car 2 years ago at $26,000 and it has dropped my Gasoline bill from about $300 per month on a Mini Van, to normally $40 per month. Insurance is cheaper as well. I figure that by the time I have it 5 years, it will have almost paid for itself. Plus it's fun to drive.

The Batteries are warranted to 100,000 miles, and some in taxicabs have in the range of 300,000 and up without replacement. The cost should they need replacement today is about $1800 at the dealer, and you can find Modules on Ebay that are rebuilt for about $500 to $800 with no warranty.
  • firelooker MadAsHEck 2011/09/28 18:40:18
    firelooker
    That's fine if you live somewhere that you don't need something bigger. I live in Northern Az and when there's two feet or more of snow on the ground I have to have four wheel drive to get around. Plus if I need building mat'ls from town I have to be able to haul them home as it cost a lot extra for Home Depot to deliver them. So a little car just won't hack it for me.
  • MadAsHEck firelooker 2011/09/29 03:03:20
    MadAsHEck
    A car/Truck is a tool. I was just responding to your Invalid claim about the batteries. And for $19.95 a day I can rent a Uhaul if needed.

But on a normal month, spend about $50 for gas. Or about $70 to make it to Las Vegas from Seattle.

Which for me makes for a very useful tool.
  • Rick 2011/08/26 16:11:35 (edited)
    Rick
    +3
    Just look at the elitists making all the money, like Al " look how much green I've made" Gore that uses more energy in one month than a few city blocks.

2014/04/23 07:13:46