Anne Hathaway Went MIA Because 'People Needed a Break' from Her: Which Star Do You Need a Break from?

SodaHead Slideshows 2014/01/24 17:00:00

SLIDESHOW: Which Star Do You Need a Break from?

Anne Hathaway
1 of 7

Anne Hathaway

Anne Hathaway kept a pretty low profile after she won an Oscar for "Best Supporting Actress" last year, reportedly saying "my impression is that people needed a break from me."
  1. Anne Hathaway

Anne Hathaway

2. Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber recently got arrested for drunk driving and resisting arrest -- and it may be the straw that broke the camel's back. Are you over the trouble-maker pop star? Or are you still a loyal Belieber?

3. Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian

Nowadays, it seems like Kim Kardashian's every move is documented by paparazzi. Newsflash, paps: Kim K taking a shopping trip isn't news. Do you need a break from the socialite?

4. Kanye West

Kanye West

Now that Kanye West is engaged to America's most popular socialite, he's been popping up everywhere too. Plus, he doesn't have a filter, so some of the stuff that spews out of his mouth is bound to annoy.

5. Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus

Miley, Miley, Miley. Ever since her epically raunchy MTV VMA performance last year, the pop star has been front and center in the entertainment news cycle. Are you itching for a Miley Cyrus vacay?

6. Ryan Seacrest

Ryan Seacrest

On TV, on the radio, on the red carpet… Ryan Seacrest is literally everywhere these days, especially with award show season underway. Could you use a break from the guy?

7. Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence

Curveball! Everyone absolutely adores Jennifer Lawrence, but her current high exposure with films like "American Hustle" and "Hunger Games" may lead some to crave a quick break.

We guess those Hathahaters really got to her! Ever since winning an Oscar for her role in "Les Miserables" last year, Anne Hathaway has kept a pretty low profile. And now we know why.

"My impression is that people needed a break from me," the 31-year-old "Best Supporting Actress" winner reportedly told the Huffington Post with a laugh.

Hathaway had to deal with some surprising backlash last year, after people started criticizing her acceptance speeches for seeming disingenuous and her overall demeanor for seeming too dramatic. Soon, the term "Hathahaters" was created to describe those who were less-than-fond of the A-list actress.

But hopefully, all that's behind her now. For the past year, Hathaway has stepped away from the spotlight, not starring in any movies in 2013 and making very rare red carpet appearances.

Now, we ask: Should some other stars take a hint from Hathaway's hiatus? From Justin Bieber to Miley Cyrus to Kanye West, the list of celebrities the world needs a break from seems endless. Which famous face would you like a vacation from?

Images provided by: Featureflash / Shutterstock.com; Helga Esteb / Shutterstock.com (3); DFree / Shutterstock.com; s_bukley / Shutterstock.com; Jaguar PS / Shutterstock.com

• nygiants52 2014/01/24 19:39:18
    Kim Kardashian
    nygiants52
    +17
    Probably a combination of both her and Kanye but I picked her because at least he worked hard to get where he is today. On a side note I never understood the hate for Anne Hathaway though. I actually feel bad that she felt that way and didn't want to do anymore movies for awhile. And finally, I don't think it's possible to ever get sick of Jennifer Lawrence. She is extremely talented, beautiful and hysterical. What more could you want of someone? jennifer lawrence sag awards 2014

• Eyedunno 21 minutes ago
    Justin Bieber
    Eyedunno
    Man, this is tough. I wanted to vote for everyone BUT Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence, both of whom I am ambivalent about.
  • Pistol Pete 4 days ago
    Kanye West
    Pistol Pete
    ALL of them, really. But, there was NO "all of them" button.
    Kim Kardashian's 15 minutes stretched to 5 hours, but is over. She never had a single talent, so she married the worst piece of garbage on the planet to extend her time in the spotlight.
    Justin Bieber is just being a kid who grew up in the spotlight, with WAY too much money. I actually fell kinda sorry for him. But, on the flip side, I don't feel sorry for his wealth. he should be OK. But, might crash and burn on drugs and alcohol when his fame peaks. Ditto for Miley Cyrus.

I have ZERO idea who Ryan Seacrest is, so I cannot be over done with him. I cut my TV connection off in 2008, so he MUST be a TV personality.
    Jennifer Lawrence seems nice, so no problem with her.
    And, barely aware of Anne Hathaway. I know she is an Actress, but I don't remember any of her movies. Must be chick flicks or romance movies, same thing, eh?
  • PortaPocketGal 5 days ago
    Kim Kardashian
    PortaPocketGal
    tie between bieber and KK. and need a permanent break. please.
  • wallygator64 7 days ago
    Justin Bieber
    wallygator64
    I like Jennifer Lawrence and Anne Hathaway,the others need to give the worlda break because they SUCK!!!!!
  • Al 7 days ago
    Anne Hathaway
    Al
    All of them, and Taylor Swift, and the whole gay thing, and Obama, and the Congress, and the Supreme Court,and Pistorious, and Hillary, and Michell, and ................................
  • Yo'Adrienne..AFCL 2014/04/10 17:09:12
    Kim Kardashian
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    ALL OF THE ABOVE.....perhaps.?
  • Ali A. 2014/04/08 01:01:03
    Kim Kardashian
    Ali A.
    All the above perhaps?
  • hayden 2014/04/05 23:49:12
    Kim Kardashian
    hayden
    both her and her husband should keep a low profile for a long time
  • Jennifer 2014/04/05 18:50:20
    Miley Cyrus
    Jennifer
    I actually like Anne Hathaway and think she has a cute personality.

Miley is acting stupid. She was okay when she was on Hannah Montana but then she shaved her head and sticks out her tongue for pictures. She has become downright vulgar.

Justin Bieber is a close second with his antics.
  • Dweezle 2014/04/03 03:40:10
    Miley Cyrus
    Dweezle
    +1
    Bieber, Kardashian, West, & Seacrest are NOT stars. They are fruckin celebrities, celebrities of debatable value.
  • geraldine 2014/03/31 18:12:02
    Justin Bieber
    geraldine
    First of all let's call them what they are "infamous idiots". Let's see Bieber, Kardashian, Cyrus and who the hell is Seacrest? They should have a button for All of the Above.
  • AliceRian 2014/03/30 04:25:54
    Justin Bieber
    AliceRian
    It's a sad world we live in when people like Kimye and JB can have millions of loyal fans. Kim K is nothing more than a Hollywood Sl*t and it's saddening that someone like her is so famous without having to even work for it. JB is just a hot mess who gets off too easy with everything because he's rich and famous. I'm afraid to have children and them grow up to idolize people like.. them..
  • Holland 2014/03/30 00:22:13
    Justin Bieber
    Holland
    all of the above
  • Jensola 2014/03/27 18:28:37
    Kim Kardashian
    Jensola
    I wouldn't say Justin because I get a laugh out of what he's getting up to, seeing how much of a twat he's becoming! Kanye and Anne I don't hear much about really. Miley is quite annoying... and I can't stand Ryan Seacrest, I could do with never hearing about him again!!! Jennifer Lawrence though I like!

Kartrashian is a talentless nobody with a ridiculously huge butt!!! Why is she even famous!??
  • Bri'sDream 2014/03/26 06:38:14
    Justin Bieber
    Bri'sDream
    go away
  • galaxygirl979 2014/03/24 01:44:43
    Miley Cyrus
    galaxygirl979
    she has ruined her life making such bad decisions. ;(
  • zack 2014/03/22 18:36:12
    Kim Kardashian
    zack
    I didn't see Justin Bieber on the list but for sure im tired of hearing about him. but Kim is by far the most annoying I mean her and Kanye name their kid North West only for publicity who the hell would name their kid North?
  • purpleme55 2014/03/19 18:59:36
    Miley Cyrus
    purpleme55
    +1
    I am so sick of that nasty looking tongue it gives me the creeps no telling where it's been. She reminds me of a slithering reptile.
  • Farbiger 2014/03/19 17:32:26
    Justin Bieber
    Farbiger
    +1
    Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus.
  • Bronar 2014/03/19 15:29:55
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Bronar
    +1
    I have a thumb that has the ability to change the channel whenever I want. None of them bother me.
  • Sean 2014/03/19 15:28:39
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Sean
    +1
    I picked Lawrence randomly since there is no option to pick none of them on this thread.

Unless one is either dating, or obsessing big over these people, why one need a break from any of them. And if you are obsessing over any of these people, ask yourself why?
  • wingedpegasus 2014/03/12 15:40:13
    Kim Kardashian
    wingedpegasus
    +4
    In fact, how 'bout a break from anyone WITH the name Kardashian, related by blood or marriage to a Kardashian, knows a Kardashian, was in the same room as a Kardashian, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...http://upload.wiki...
  • Megagenie 2014/03/11 03:11:23
    Justin Bieber
    Megagenie
    +1
    We need a break from freaking Justin Bieber, his stupid pathetic fans and Miley's stupid tongue.
  • The Sifu 2014/03/09 21:03:15
    Kanye West
    The Sifu
    +2
    Why is Kenya West even a star????? (No, that's not a typo, but they wouldn't post what I really think about him).
  • Loki 2014/03/08 00:27:29
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Loki
    can't stand her anymore
  • pricklypear 2014/03/07 23:34:33
    Justin Bieber
    pricklypear
    God, I have never been a fan but he has just crossed the line.
  • Ann 2014/03/07 20:50:46 (edited)
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Ann
    All of the above... too brasssss
  • Cynycyl 2014/03/07 19:57:35
    Justin Bieber
    Cynycyl
    +1
    Hathaway is a nice girl and hardworking actress. She doesn't deserve the hate. Lawrence I've seen only on various talk shows but she is also nice, down to earth, self-effacing (and hard working). Also doesn't deserve the hate. The rest tend to have crappy attitudes, act brattily and get into scrapes and some (Kardashian) have no discernible talent or entertainment value. Those are the ones I need a break from. I don't get tired of nice people with a good work ethic. I get tired of entitled brats with their newly discovered sexuality in overdrive.
  • Jennapsyde 2014/03/07 05:10:52
    Kanye West
    Jennapsyde
    +3
    How about "All the Above?"
  • True Genius 2014/03/05 19:16:14
    Kanye West
    True Genius
    +2
    Kanye, Bieber, Kim K. and Ryan Seacrest!....All of these clowns!
  • Alan Prado 2014/03/04 17:00:50
    Miley Cyrus
    Alan Prado
    +1
    i meant bieber
  • Dave 007 2014/03/01 12:39:14
    Justin Bieber
    Dave 007
    +3
    This is a good question. The BEST answer is "All of Them"!!!!!
  • jacktown kid 2014/02/27 18:26:26
    Kanye West
    jacktown kid
    +2
    need break from him
  • Jack's Pearl 2014/02/27 18:23:21
    Justin Bieber
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    This boy seriously needs to take care of himself. Get things under control. He is going to kill himself or someone else, or both with his reckless behavior.

Too bad Anne felt that way due to some criticism. Sounds like she needed a break, and she is wise to take it. She's taking care of herself and that is an excellent example to follow.
  • daniel wayne 2014/02/27 17:26:36
    Justin Bieber
    daniel wayne
    +2
    since there wasn't a "comment as you wish" box, I picked the beeb. truth is, I need a break from the paparazzi and press talking about entertainers private lives as if it was ok to make these people live like they existed in a fishbowl. if they aren't working or doing something connected to their work, they deserve respect and privacy, just like the rest of us.
  • Marianne723 2014/02/26 05:09:19
    Kanye West
    Marianne723
    +2
    Actually, I don't need a break from any of them . I already have a permanent break from all the trash. I do not give them a rating on tv and I certainly don't put any money into any of them for movies. All are completely taboo to me.
  • John 2014/02/23 20:40:12
    Justin Bieber
    John
    +1
    I'm sick of any and all news about that spoiled brat. I don't know how he ever became as popular as he did considering he hasn't an ounce of talent.
  • David Morton 2014/02/23 17:21:52
  • Emily 2014/02/21 02:10:27
    Miley Cyrus
    Emily
    Miley cyrus rocks
  • peanut 2014/02/20 14:28:23

2014/04/20 03:18:10