Anne Hathaway Went MIA Because 'People Needed a Break' from Her: Which Star Do You Need a Break from?

Slideshows 2014/01/24 17:00:00

SLIDESHOW: Which Star Do You Need a Break from?

Anne Hathaway
1 of 7

Anne Hathaway

Anne Hathaway kept a pretty low profile after she won an Oscar for "Best Supporting Actress" last year, reportedly saying "my impression is that people needed a break from me."
  1. Anne Hathaway

Anne Hathaway

2. Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber recently got arrested for drunk driving and resisting arrest -- and it may be the straw that broke the camel's back. Are you over the trouble-maker pop star? Or are you still a loyal Belieber?

3. Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian

Nowadays, it seems like Kim Kardashian's every move is documented by paparazzi. Newsflash, paps: Kim K taking a shopping trip isn't news. Do you need a break from the socialite?

4. Kanye West

Kanye West

Now that Kanye West is engaged to America's most popular socialite, he's been popping up everywhere too. Plus, he doesn't have a filter, so some of the stuff that spews out of his mouth is bound to annoy.

5. Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus

Miley, Miley, Miley. Ever since her epically raunchy MTV VMA performance last year, the pop star has been front and center in the entertainment news cycle. Are you itching for a Miley Cyrus vacay?

6. Ryan Seacrest

Ryan Seacrest

On TV, on the radio, on the red carpet… Ryan Seacrest is literally everywhere these days, especially with award show season underway. Could you use a break from the guy?

7. Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence

Curveball! Everyone absolutely adores Jennifer Lawrence, but her current high exposure with films like "American Hustle" and "Hunger Games" may lead some to crave a quick break.

We guess those Hathahaters really got to her! Ever since winning an Oscar for her role in "Les Miserables" last year, Anne Hathaway has kept a pretty low profile. And now we know why.

"My impression is that people needed a break from me," the 31-year-old "Best Supporting Actress" winner reportedly told the Huffington Post with a laugh.

Hathaway had to deal with some surprising backlash last year, after people started criticizing her acceptance speeches for seeming disingenuous and her overall demeanor for seeming too dramatic. Soon, the term "Hathahaters" was created to describe those who were less-than-fond of the A-list actress.

But hopefully, all that's behind her now. For the past year, Hathaway has stepped away from the spotlight, not starring in any movies in 2013 and making very rare red carpet appearances.

Now, we ask: Should some other stars take a hint from Hathaway's hiatus? From Justin Bieber to Miley Cyrus to Kanye West, the list of celebrities the world needs a break from seems endless. Which famous face would you like a vacation from?

Images provided by: Featureflash / Shutterstock.com; Helga Esteb / Shutterstock.com (3); DFree / Shutterstock.com; s_bukley / Shutterstock.com; Jaguar PS / Shutterstock.com

• nygiants52 2014/01/24 19:39:18
    Kim Kardashian
    nygiants52
    +17
    Probably a combination of both her and Kanye but I picked her because at least he worked hard to get where he is today. On a side note I never understood the hate for Anne Hathaway though. I actually feel bad that she felt that way and didn't want to do anymore movies for awhile. And finally, I don't think it's possible to ever get sick of Jennifer Lawrence. She is extremely talented, beautiful and hysterical. What more could you want of someone? jennifer lawrence sag awards 2014

• Theojt 19 hours ago
    Justin Bieber
    Theojt
    Beyoncé isn't on the list but is certainly someone I'd like to see and hear less of. The rest are all good choices but then again, there are so, so many we need a break from...Barack and Michelle Obama, the aforementioned Beyoncé, Lindsey Lohan, Kristen Stewart !, Bruce Jenner, Anderson Cooper, Vladimir Putin, Chris Christie, Ashton Kutcher, Gwyneth Paltrow.....it would take days to finish a list of exceedingly annoying people.

I'll grant you this - that asshat Bieber tops the list.
  • Baya Suesette 2014/11/16 09:52:33
    Justin Bieber
    Baya Suesette
    And Adam Sandler
    adam sandler
  • Half-breed 2014/11/09 19:38:16
    Kim Kardashian
    Half-breed
    All of them. Live vicariously through YOUR OWN LIVES, people!
  • happyman 2014/11/09 19:07:54
    Kim Kardashian
    happyman
    +1
    All of them other than Jennifer Lawrence. Jennifer Lawerence
  • katyuska rojas 2014/11/09 12:02:02
    Kim Kardashian
    katyuska rojas
    +1
    Hard to decide. i need all the above
  • Cj DogRescuer 2014/11/09 02:03:47
    Kim Kardashian
    Cj DogRescuer
    +1
    ENOUGH of her & her husband already!!!!!!
  • Jeremiah 2014/11/08 18:36:56
    Kim Kardashian
    Jeremiah
    Gwyneth Paltrow.
  • Dilbert 2014/10/27 18:26:30
    Kanye West
    Dilbert
    +1
    Kanye West is a waste of flesh. The day I read he has assumed room temperature will be a day to celebrate.
  • Pug For Huck 2014/10/27 14:32:07
    Justin Bieber
    Pug For Huck
    +2
    All of them, really.
  • Reiden Lightman 2014/10/25 22:03:53
    Miley Cyrus
    Reiden Lightman
    +1
    Just about all of them. Here's an interesting idea, discover someone new and try to be the person who makes a celebrity instead of the same-old same-old person who just went safe and hired whoever they thought was hot.
  • Mo 2014/10/25 18:40:05
    Justin Bieber
    Mo
    That was a tough one. The only ones who don't bother me are the last three in the ranking.
  • ColK 2014/10/24 13:52:51
    Kim Kardashian
    ColK
    Kim K West is a talentless slut who enjoys the fruits of her sex tape and Mr. West's fortune. It is a shame some women are starving themselves to fit the profile of the "stars". Clearly, Kim's body is not that of a star and it makes me kringe when I see her big fat hips and rear. Gross!
  • Janet Vonnik 2014/10/13 23:49:55 (edited)
    Kanye West
    Janet Vonnik
    +1
    Though Seacrest irritates me Kanye is just a moron.

Who voted Jennifer Lawrence she kicks ass

Katniss

katniss
  • CG Janet V... 5 days ago
    CG
    +1
    Jennifer Lawrence, the female Chuck Norris
  • CG 2014/10/09 22:13:14
  • SebaThe... CG 2014/10/19 02:11:14
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin 平和
    +1
    LOL perfect
  • CG SebaThe... 2014/11/16 05:25:28
    CG
    Thanks. ;)
  • Skye Lark 2014/10/02 00:28:49
    Miley Cyrus
    Skye Lark
    All of the above and Lindsey Lohan.
  • SILKYDUDE 2014/09/30 01:01:33
    Miley Cyrus
    SILKYDUDE
    Bierber to,
  • aliycat 2014/09/29 13:14:10 (edited)
    Kim Kardashian
    aliycat
    +1
    Justin Bieber and Miley Cryus and Kanye West too.
    I picked Kim bc at least the other three worked a bit to get where they are.
    She just made a sex tape that got "leaked" and oh,you get a show!
  • Shady 2014/09/28 21:24:42
    Kim Kardashian
    Shady
    +1
    Since I can onlypick ONE... DaNGIT! Here's my list (based on the above). 1.) ANYTHING Kardashian!!!!!!! - which would technically include Kanye West, so lump him in there with that one. And at 1.5) Justin Bieber (I can't even go to 2 there because I'm just a hair less sick of him than I am the Kardashian assortment. ) And then there's Miley and her tongue! I don't actually see too much of Jennifer Lawrence or Anne Hathaway, and never had a problem with either of them, so they're not on my list. And Ryan Seacrest just has too many jobs, but he's not in my face all the time, so also not on my list.
  • john.sanjuan.585 2014/09/27 14:51:35
    Anne Hathaway
    john.sanjuan.585
    Anne Hathaway already needed a break. So she's married already!
  • rg123 2014/09/27 14:50:11
    Miley Cyrus
    rg123
    +1
    in my opinion Miley Cyrus is a giant attention whore. Acting like a skank to get it is disgusting.
  • WeWereLeftShit 2014/09/16 23:39:35 (edited)
    Anne Hathaway
    WeWereLeftShit
    She is to much of a try hard. I remember she did what was likely the worst "freestyle" known to man on David Letterman and I have not been able to stand her since. There was no need for it, it was of topic and it was horrible. It was almost a I am so talented I will drop a Rhyme on Letterman made worse by the fact she had clearly written and rehearsed a horrible rap that everyone clapped at only because the light told them to at Letterman.

Oh and she was engaged to that Banker who robbed people blind and cut out pretending to be shocked the moment he was arrested. His crimes were so large I find it hard to believe she did not have some kind of idea what was going on.
  • Taylor Radke 2014/09/10 18:26:14
    Kim Kardashian
    Taylor Radke
    +1
    she is everywhere :O
  • rainbow bitch 2014/09/10 17:51:41
    Ryan Seacrest
    rainbow bitch
    never liked him anyway
  • unicornwoman105 2014/09/10 17:20:08
    Justin Bieber
    unicornwoman105
    +1
    his childish antics are getting a bit old and annoying! he needs a spanking lol
  • lamin 2014/09/07 11:00:26
    Anne Hathaway
    lamin
    i love you so match anne hathaway
  • TeamEdwardJace 2014/09/03 19:49:41
    Justin Bieber
    TeamEdwardJace
    +1
    but kim kardashian too. I love Jennifer Lawrence and Anne Hathaway
  • Ejayt7 2014/09/01 00:07:38
    Kim Kardashian
    Ejayt7
    +2
    Kim and Mr. West quickly need to go MIA! Kim and Kanya
  • Whitesl... Ejayt7 2014/09/05 06:26:54
    Whiteslave_From_Wisconsin
    +1
    A thug and a skank...what cute couple
  • ZombieQueen 2014/08/31 07:22:44
    Justin Bieber
    ZombieQueen
    +2
    he is a greater attention whore than lindsay lohan and miley cyrus , he seems to be everywhere in the news and pop sites.......and everyone talk about him more than any other star.....i think he is getting up the noses of other hollywood celebs because of this.....stealing their shine in a very unsavory way.

meryl  streep  justin  bieber  meme justin  bieber  ozzy  meme  star  wars
  • Amethyst Hearts 2014/08/27 14:17:54
    Miley Cyrus
    Amethyst Hearts
    +1
    Though I actually like Miley, I think she needs to chill a bit. She recently did a rice bucket challenge instead of using the actual ice, and I don't think she's realized how insulting that can be. Especially because it's for a cause and has an actually meaning for it to be ice.
    And I could never get tired of Anne Hathaway or Jennifer Lawrence.
  • MissAshley 2014/08/22 14:54:32
    Kim Kardashian
    MissAshley
    +1
    And Kanye!
  • JingerJewels 2014/08/20 07:27:56
    Kim Kardashian
    JingerJewels
    +6
    she needs to go away for good kim k sex video
  • ZombieQ... JingerJ... 2014/08/31 07:24:25
    ZombieQueen
    +1
    even the biebs beats this attention slut with attention seeking whoredom..........
  • Fae 2014/08/18 17:53:14
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Fae
    +1
    There wasn't an "All of the Above" option.
  • BitchStoleMyDress 2014/08/13 05:03:55
    Jennifer Lawrence
    BitchStoleMyDress
    +2
    It gets tiring when she tries to relate to "real people". She just needs to finish Hunger Games Trilogy and get out of the spotlight.
  • TeamEdw... BitchSt... 2014/09/03 19:51:18
    TeamEdwardJace
    so celebrities can't? and she's a talented actress and great person from I've seen. She's famous for things that are actually good to be famous for she has some opinions I really like. now there was one, I didn't entirely agree with the phrasing of (in regards to her character Katniss) but I love her
  • Erica Z 2014/08/11 14:46:00

2014/11/24 19:09:08