An appearance by Adam Lambert on Good Morning America was canceled after his raunchy set at the American Music Awards. Is that fair?

Millie 2009/11/24 16:51:45
Adam Lambert is an artist. Good Morning America should let him appear.
Adam Lambert's set was so raunchy that Good Morning America did the right thing.
Adam Lambert is ....
Adam Lambert led men on leashes, dragged a woman by her foot, and smashed a man's head into his crotch, all while singing his new single "For Your Entertainment."

Read More: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/abc/good_morni...

• ~TimelordGallifrey~ 2012/10/29 22:57:11
    ~TimelordGallifrey~
    It was totally rude.
  • brie 2009/12/09 03:07:10
    brie
    yes i think it was rude. yes his performance was a lil so much, but that's who he is and i thought that was really poor.
  • R ~In Harry Potter I Trust~ 2009/12/06 21:47:28
    Adam Lambert is ....
    R ~In Harry Potter I Trust~
    They didn't cancel him because he's gay or whatever. Its cuz they can't trust him to do what he says he's going to do. For the AMAs he said he was going to do one thing but then did another. They're afraid of what he might do... I'm not protecting GMA or trashing Adam just giving my opinion. Personally I believe that being gay is wrong but...I have a gay friend so I tolerate it.
  • lady jo3 jonas 13 2009/11/25 18:37:35
    lady jo3 jonas 13
    I HATE THAT TONE DEAF [...]

I MEAN I DONT CARE IF HES GAY CUZ I HAVE A LEZ AUNT BUT I JUST HATE HIM!!!! >=(
  • Mz.behaven 2009/11/25 17:12:11 (edited)
    Mz.behaven
    +1
    Adam is stil a person.... no matter if he's gay or straight... i think good morning america should have still let him on th show... when sarah palin daughter was pregnant without being married and under age they stil wanted her on the show and when micheal jackson did what he did to that little boy everybody wanted him on their shows... so i don't see what the big deal is.
  • Scaramouche [LordOfPants] 2009/11/25 11:41:04
    Scaramouche [LordOfPants]
    +1
    If it had been a woman, she'd probably be hailed as being 'confident' about her sexuality. Fuck discrimination. If Britney Spears and Lady Gaga can prance around happily enough, then Adam Lambert shouldn't have to be an exception.
  • bhgirl18 2009/11/25 07:56:34
    bhgirl18
    k..like i don't like adam..but heez gay and i hav nothin against that and i think that they should let him apper on the show coz they were makin a big deal of it but know that he kissed that dude he cant come on anymore...thatz jst stupid..
    but i was about to start gaging when i saw him kiss that dude (& i did a lil)?!?!?
    but still nothing against himm!
  • Mandee 2009/11/25 06:18:13
    Mandee
    +1
    That's so lame. Women performers have done way worse things. And he gets censored and canceled just because he's gay? Discrimination.
  • ☆Varsha★ 2009/11/25 06:08:37
    Adam Lambert is ....
    ☆Varsha★
    Well he kind of had it coming, with that performance...
  • Toodleloo SodaHead 2009/11/25 05:48:02
    Adam Lambert is ....
    Toodleloo SodaHead
    +2
    I've seen raunchier (spelling?) stuff on MTV with women prancing around in their birthday suit, why cancel with him?
  • brie Toodlel... 2009/12/09 03:08:16
    brie
    yea i agree!
  • boomerangrevenge 2009/11/25 05:27:55
    Adam Lambert is ....
    boomerangrevenge
    Why would it be any more wrong than a store deciding no9t to carry a certain brand of soap or a radio station that plays classical music saying that rock doesn't fir their format or standards? Much ado about nothing, if you ask me.
  • Decipher 2009/11/25 04:48:17
    Decipher
    +2
    Come on, if Justin Timberlake can expose a jackson during the superbowl and still host the espy awards, then Lambert can be a guest on good morning america
  • Araelyn 2009/11/25 04:34:02
    Araelyn
    +1
    What would have happened if my nine-year old sister walked in and saw what I was seeing? I just thought it was a little too out there...My jaw was like *WOAH*
  • JnMO 2009/11/25 04:20:37
    Adam Lambert is ....
    JnMO
    +1
    an entertainer! I do not approve of ABC's censorship nor do I approve of how they acquiesced to the neocons with an anti-gay platform. Shame on ABC!
  • boomera... JnMO 2009/11/25 05:44:01
    boomerangrevenge
    Now they don't have the right to choose who they put on their show? We really do have a problem then and it's bigger than some punk not beiong allowed to appear on that show.
  • JnMO boomera... 2009/11/30 06:44:05
    JnMO
    They have a right to choose who appears on the show. In fact, Mr. Lambert was already scheduled to be on the show. The problem is when ABC withdrew Mr. Lambert's invitation because a group of bigoted neocons complained.
  • boomera... JnMO 2009/12/01 21:07:04
    boomerangrevenge
    No one complained about tyhis when Glenn Beck's advertisers wimped out to pressure, did they? Get over it. He got another gig with CmoreBS.
  • JnMO boomera... 2009/12/01 21:10:55
    JnMO
    +1
    To be quite honest, I am not familiar with the Glenn Beck saga so I will not respond.
  • boomera... JnMO 2009/12/01 21:14:31
    boomerangrevenge
    Lol. Too late, as it appears you did. Still, thanks for the explanation.
  • JnMO boomera... 2009/12/01 21:22:00
    JnMO
    Well, I guess I will need to read about Mr. Beck's saga. By your response, I am sure that you are a neocon who idolizes Fox News! I will have the last laugh!
  • boomera... JnMO 2009/12/02 01:26:53
    boomerangrevenge
    My, my...jump to confusions much? A neo-con....why don't you define that for me first. And if you mean I do not rely soley on SeeBS, NBS, ABS, CNNBS or their ilk for my news, you would be right. And I don't rely on TV or radio sound-bytes for my 'research'. I have learned to not only read between the lines, but to check other sources. It simply makes sense, doesn't it? And it seems strange to me that for something not considered by some folks to be a "news" channel, Fox has been blowing the lid on several things that none of the state-run butt-kissers even mention. Why is that? The news is no longer their business?
  • JnMO boomera... 2009/12/02 01:48:14
    JnMO
    Didn't jump to conclusions. By your profile you state that you are a Conservative Christian that is enough to establish a neocon for me.

The reason I go the Fox News website is that they do report stories that is very difficult to find on MSNBC, CNN, etc. ABC, CBS are pretty good. USA Today has similar stories.

Like you, I don't rely on sound bytes either.
  • boomera... JnMO 2009/12/02 05:36:11
    boomerangrevenge
    Again, what is a neo-con? I am sure that conservatives have favored Christianity for ages, but now it's neo? That mean NEW, doesn't it?
  • JnMO boomera... 2009/12/02 06:18:08
    JnMO
    Again, why do I waste my time. If you are unable, contrary to your "research" capabilities to know what a neocom is than again, why should I waste my time since you do not believe Liberals.
  • boomera... JnMO 2009/12/03 07:26:29
    boomerangrevenge
    I can believe anyone who provides proper definitions and explanations. I will at least consider them and often accept the ideas. Rational is as rational does.
  • JnMO boomera... 2009/12/03 17:45:52
    JnMO
    But bigoted conservative christians are not rational. No matter what someone may explain, your belief systems is so engrossed within you that only those who give an explanation of what you desire will be acceptable and believable.
  • boomera... JnMO 2009/12/16 08:01:01
    boomerangrevenge
    Conservative Christian: So you think there is no such thing as an absolute morality?
    Leftist bozo: Exactly.
    Conservative Christian: Are you sure?
    Leftist bozo: Absolutely.
  • Sassy22 2009/11/25 04:02:21
    Sassy22
    +1
    I don't know if they were right in cancelling his appearance on the show, but it was a disgusting, raunchy performance that should have been saved for a Venue specifically targeting "those" type of fans. That was a good performance for that type of song and for the people that "get into that stuff", but should not have been the one chosen to perform at the AMA's AND I would say the same thing about eminem, Madonna etc.

What a major let down for the millions who loved him and accepted him as he was, UNTIL he felt the need to throw all that S&M; bullsh!t out there! Just a little too much. Save these sort of performances for your Tour/Concerts.
  • Tw!stəd... Sassy22 2009/11/25 05:02:48
    Tw!stəd_S!stər
    +1
    Those millions of people still love him you know? We know him and know his pre-idol projects and the controversy around him before Sunday's performance. That's why we got it.
  • Sassy22 Tw!stəd... 2009/12/03 18:49:39
    Sassy22
    Yeah, I "get it"! He still needs to save those antics for his own shows/concerts. Some of us were blown away by him, thought he was an awesome person, a great artist, and accepted him as he was without all the extra hype! Now, in my eyes, and obviously many others, he's just another freak trying to prove a point! but, Yeah, we "get it"!!
  • 1regmom 2009/11/25 03:48:29
    1regmom
    +2
    It's no worse than Britney Spears. So, he's like the male version of her.
  • bethanator 2009/11/25 03:29:09
    bethanator
    +2
    ITS SO DUMB! ADAMS AMAZING!
  • t. 2009/11/25 03:17:52
    t.
    +1
    I dont even like the guys music, but i will admit, that wasnt right for them to cancel him just bc of a so called "raunchy" set. Let him be who he is, and get over it.
  • boomera... t. 2009/11/25 05:45:59
    boomerangrevenge
    He can be who he is elsewhere. It's their show, isn't it? Now they don't have a right to choose their own standards? Welcome to AmeriKa.
  • t. boomera... 2009/11/25 05:57:42
    t.
    Yah, well when they cancel someone just bc of a raunchy set, then its not right, if it was someone else, like britney spears, they wouldnt have done it, it wrong! people should be able to express who they are, and thats who he is, doesnt make him any less of a person.
  • boomera... t. 2009/11/25 06:31:52
    boomerangrevenge
    SAo who is stopping him from expressing himself? He just doesn't get to do it there, fer cryin out the window. It's their show, Get over it. And you don't know that Britney whatever her face is would have been allowed to do anything there either.
  • Nicole ... boomera... 2009/11/25 13:28:45
    Nicole Kaulitz
    Actually yes any other person would have and has gotten away with it. I dont know what world you have been living in but half these performances put on lately are all dirty and sexual. Adam was doing the same exact thing and he gets cancelled off the show because you and everyone else thinks it was innappropriate? Thats wrong on so many levels. For crying out loud Miley Cyrus was pole dancing at the Teen Choice Awards! The next day she was on the Today Show. EXPLAIN THIS TO ME! WHERE IS THAT FAIR?
  • boomera... Nicole ... 2009/11/25 19:36:00
    boomerangrevenge
    CBS early show is having him on now, so you can stop your hissy fit, okay?
  • Nicole ... boomera... 2009/11/25 23:27:28
    Nicole Kaulitz
    Um no thanks. I'll keep on going with my hissy fit til Adam gets an apology and you can leave me alone

2014/12/20 19:33:43