Add our email to approved status
Because of spam filters we ask that you add us to your trusted list of senders, contacts or address book: firstname.lastname@example.org subject
To make sure email gets delivered to your AOL inbox, you must add the email address or corporate domain of the sender to your Address Book or Custom Sender List.
- 1. Click the "Spam Controls" link on the lower right side of your inbox screen.
- 2. When the "Mail & Spam Controls" box appears, click the "Custom sender list" link.
- 3. Choose the "allow email from email@example.com" option.
- 4. Add the domain or email address you would like to receive mail from, then click "Add"
- 5. Click "Save"back to top
If you're not receiving email at you are expecting, there are two things you can do:
- 1 .Use the "Not Spam" button in your Bulk folder.
- 2 .Create a filter to automatically send email from certain domains to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
Report as "Not Spam"
- 1. Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder
- 2. If you see the Get it to the Inbox, highlight it and click "Not Spam"
- 3. This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter
- 1. Click "Options" in the top right navigation bar
- 2. Select "Mail Options" from the list that drops down
- 3. Choose "Filters" located on the left side of the page
- 4. Click the "Add" button on the Filters page
- 5. Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message. For example, "header" or "to".
- 6. Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made, such as "contains"
- 7. Enter the text string to compare. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8. Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inboxback to top
In the new Hotmail you must "Mark sender as safe" to enable hyperlinks even in text emails and images in HTML emails.
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of two things:
- 1. Check the "Junk" folder if you do not see the Get it to the Inbox in your inbox
- 2. Click the "Mark as safe" link
- 3. Add email@example.com to your Safe List
Mark Sender as Safe
- 1. Click "Show content" to view the body of the email if it contains images and HTML
- 2. Click "Mark as safe"
- 3. Get it to the Inbox will now be added to your list of "Safe senders"
Manually Add to Safe List
- 1. Click "Options" in the upper right corner of your Hotmail screen
- 2. In the Body of the page under "Junk e-mail" click the link "Safe and blocked senders"
- 3. Click the link "Safe senders"
- 4. Enter the email address "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- 5. Click "Add to list"back to top
To make sure email gets delivered to your inbox, you must add the email address email@example.com to your contacts list.
- 1. Click the drop down arrow next to "Reply" in the upper right side of your inbox screen.
- 2 .Click the "Add firstname.lastname@example.org to Contacts List" from the list that appears.
- 3 .You will now see email@example.com appear under the "Quick Contacts" list on the left side of the page.back to top
Because of the various email platforms that can work with Outlook, it is tricky to tell you how to receive all email to your Outlook inbox. We can tell you, however, how to make sure you can see all the emails you receive as they were intended to be seen - with images. If a company is not in your address book or "Safe Sender" list, your HTML images will not display.
To have HTML display correctly, users can:
- 1. Change their automatic download settings
- 2. Add sender to your address book
- 3. Add your email or domain to their approved sender list
To change settings:
- 1 .Right click on a non-displaying image in an HTML email
- 2. Choose "Change automatic download settings" option
- 3. When the popup comes up, uncheck the first box in the list that says "don't download pictures or other HTML content automatically
- 4. Click "OK"
To add sender to address book:
- 1. Open the email
- 2. Right click on the from address
- 3. Choose "Add to contacts" option
To add domain to safe sender list:
- 1. Right click on a non-displaying image in an HTML email
- 2. Choose "Add the domain to the safe sender list" optionback to top
If you are not receiving email at Earthlink, there are two actions you can take.
- 1. Check "Suspect Email" folder
- 2. Add to your address book
With Earthlink, if you have SpamBlocker turned on, suspect messages are automatically send to your Suspect Email folder if the domain is not in your address book.
Suspect Email Folder
- 1. While in the "Suspect Email" folder, if you see firstname.lastname@example.org...
- 2. Select the "Move to Inbox and Add Contact" option from the pull down menu.
- 3. This will add to your Address Book for future email delivery assurance.
Address Book Inclusion
- 1. Open the email.
- 2. Click "Add to Address Book" in the email header.
- 3. Use the "Address Book Editor" to verify the sender's contact details and click "save."
- 4. Fill in email@example.com as the email address of the sender.
- 5. Any mail sent with the same domain (right of the @ sign) will now be delivered to your Inbox.back to top
- 1. Open the email message from the sender you want to add to your address book.
- 2. Click on the "Save Address" link (below) next to the "From Address.
- 3. Check the "Add to Contacts" box (below) and click "Save.back to top
- 1. Click on the [Save Address] link at the top of this message (it's next to From Address).
- 2. For the field titled First Name, please enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3. Then click Save Entry and you're all done.back to top
- 1. Scroll up to the message header
- 2. Get to the field where their name is listed, click the Berry button and then click Show Address
- 3. Select and copy that email@example.com to the clipboard
- 4. Go into Address Book and find the user
- 5. Select Save
- 6. Click to edit it, and then click the Berry button to add another email address
- 7. Paste it in and click Saveback to top
- 1. Click the Address Book button
- 2. Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted
- 3. Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address and Other
- 4. Under the Contact tab, copy and paste the "From" address, firstname.lastname@example.org into the email dialogue box
- 5. Click OKback to top
- 1. Start up Norton AntiSpam
- 2. Click the Status & Settings tab
- 3. Click AntiSpam
- 4. Click Configure
- 5. Click Allowed List tab
- 6. Click Add button
- 7. In the 'Email Address' box, enter email@example.com
- 8. Click OK
- 9. Click OKback to top
- 1. Select Friends from the McAfee SpamKiller sidebar.
- 2. Click Add a friend.
- 3. Make sure All users at a domain is selected under Friend type:
- 4. Type the domain name you want to whitelist under Address:
- 5. To whitelist all our newsletters, type
- 6. Optionally, enter a SodaHead to help you recognize the domain under Name:
- 7. Click OK.
- 8. Click OK.back to top
If Get it to the Inbox is filtered, from the spambox, click on the white "W" icon on the left column of the mailing. When the pop-up window comes up, simply click the Add to Whitelist button.
Alternative whitelisting methods:
- 1. Click on the White List button.
- 2. Add: firstname.lastname@example.org to the bottom of your existing list.
- 3. Click the Submit List button.
- 4. Click the Subject White List button.
- 5. Add: [get it] to the bottom of the list on a line by itself.
- 5. Click the Submit List button.back to top
- 1. Select Cloudmark | Options... from the Cloudmark SpamNet toolbar in Outlook.
- 2. Click Advanced.
- 3. Go to the Whitelist tab.
- 4. Click the Add button.
- 5. Type: email@example.com
- 6. Click OK.
- 7. Click OK.
- 8. Click Yes.
- 9. Click OK.back to top
- 1. Click the Addresses tab.
- 2. Click New.
- 3. Type: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4. Make sure 'Accept Mail From This Address' is selected under Receiving Options.
- 5. Uncheck 'Display in People Picker' under Other options.
- 6. Click Submit.
- 7. Click OK.back to top
- 1. Click Tools, then Blacklist & Friends.
- 2. Click Add... on the right, the Friends list side.
- 3. Make sure Plain email address is selected.
- 4. Type: email@example.com
- 5. Click OK.
- 6. Click OK.back to top
- 1. Add the following entry to your user_prefs file, which is found in the .spamassassin subdirectory on your web/mail server
- 2. whitelist_from firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3. Save the user_prefs file or move the updated copy to your .spamassassin subdirectory.
more instructions http://www.cleanmymailbox.com/saback to top
- 1. Click Filters from the sidebar.
- 2. Click the Approved Senders tab.
- 3. Click Add Filter.
- 4. Type: email@example.com under Address.
- 5. Choose 'Full Email Address' under Address Type.
- 6. Select Email Domain.
- 7. Click OK.back to top
- 1. Select Spam Inspector
- 2. Then 'Manage Friends List' from either the Spam Inspector toolbar or from the Outlook menu.
- 3. Make sure Email is selected under 'Add a New Friend'.
- 4. Type: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5. Click the >> button.
- 6. Click Close.
If messages continue to be sent to your junk folder please contact us with mail server and spam filter information.